Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Pillars of Eternity II Fig Update #41: Josh Sawyer Social Media Feature Compilation #4

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
What improved core? The base ruleset was created by a deluded faggot and sucks ass. It is beyond repair. Now their selling point are explosions and cool-looking spell effects, Sims-like garbage (Look! You can change the color of your ship's sails!) and hipster shite like parrots.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Why aren't they showing core mechanical structures in little feature compilations that doesn't deserve videos on their own? I wonder why.

Cause the core systems are the same irredeemable trash they were in the first game.

Now it's all about populist rubbish and second-rate gameplay features :balance:

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Why aren't they showing core mechanical structures in little feature compilations that doesn't deserve videos on their own? I wonder why.

Cause the core systems are the same irredeemable trash they were in the first game.

Now it's all about populist rubbish and second-rate gameplay features :balance:

My friend, while I am somewhat frustrated in their overabundance of trivial details in their videos, I want to see designs because I like them.

It feels like trivial details would be better to explore personally while playing and core designs better to be displayed in development phase.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Beta isn't the final game, there's really no pressure to release a finished product. A beta is supposed to have issues.

As explained before, they might not want people complaining about issues that they already have plans to fix.

Sentinel

Arcane
Beta isn't the final game, there's really no pressure to release a finished product. A beta is supposed to have issues.

As explained before, they might not want people complaining about issues that they already have plans to fix.
That's always going to happen in a beta release. They can always have a pop up when you get in game that lists all the known issues.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom