Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity II Fig Update #21: Ship Crew Stretch Goal Unlocked

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire

Yesterday Obsidian sent out a Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Fig update belatedly announcing the successful conclusion of the campaign, and also reminding people that they were still accepting pledges from slacker backers. That seems to have been enough to push them over $4.5M only a day later, unlocking the cool-sounding Ship Crew stretch goal. The new update explains:

We wanted to let all of you fans and backers know that we've hit $4.5 million and unlocked another stretch goal, the ability to find and hire crews for your ship!

If you recall, Ship Crews offer a whole new layer of interactivity for player ships: Find, hire, and manage a crew. Once hired, crew members can be assigned roles on the ship, and will play a role in the events and battles that you encounter at sea. We are also introducing crew dilemmas that will allow you to take charge and be the captain when they look to you for guidance!

This also puts in reach our next two goals: Sea Monsters and Fishing at $4.75 million and, of course, our 8th Companion, Ydwin, at $5 million. As a reminder, the Pillars II developers gave some details on how Sea Monsters and Fishing would work in a previous update.

In Deadfire, fish will provide you with different rest bonuses and give you more recipes to cook up to help you on your adventures. Fishing will trigger scripted interactions on your boat where you can choose various baits you have collected and see what fish you can catch. Different areas on the world map will have different fish below the surface. You can be an occasional line-dropper or an expert fisherman. And who knows, maybe you'll hook some rare gear or run into sea monsters who have only been spoken of in tales...

We're excited to see if we can achieve the next two goals before the 60-day slacker-backer period is up!
Obsidian are accepting new pledges both on their own website via PayPal and on the Fig page, with the same prices and rewards as during the campaign. Effectively, the campaign is silently continuing for another two months. Of course, for the next ten days there's a superior way of contributing...

Pentagon

Educated
Let's hope they never make it to $5 mil.
Screw fishing as well. WTF is this shit? WoW?
Yes, thankfully they seem to have put the worst stretch goals at the highest tiers. Sea monster battles sound fun, but I'm not sure Pillars needs an expansion to the cooking mechanism.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Let's hope they never make it to $5 mil.
Screw fishing as well. WTF is this shit? WoW?
Yes, thankfully they seem to have put the worst stretch goals at the highest tiers. Sea monster battles sound fun, but I'm not sure Pillars needs an expansion to the cooking mechanism.

Naw the fishing/sea monster goal is OK. The goals at 3.5, 3.75, 4.0, 4.5, and 4.75 are all incline. 4.25 and 5.0 were pretty lame though.

M0RBUS

Augur
What's wrong with Ydwin?

Sorry, I don't have the time I'd like to have to read all about this game :(

Jazz_

Arcane
they should implement a morale system where you have to let your crew gamble, shagg harlots and get drunk once in a while or they will mutiny and steal your ship.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Fishing for bottles with treasures and hidden islands or long quests is alone worth being a stretch goal. Faggot elven whores are not.

Sentinel

Arcane
She's yet another faggot elf. And she has glasses.
She's taking the spot of the manly dwarf companion, and that irritates me.
There are no manly dwarves.
latest
latest

delete your lies and apologize

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
In fairness, manly dwarves as sidekicks makes sense because they are the taciturn type. Not as likely to get emotionally involved with the party or adventure.

Sentinel

Arcane
In fairness, manly dwarves as sidekicks makes sense because they are the taciturn type. Not as likely to get emotionally involved with the party or adventure.
What kind of retarded thing to say is that?
A companion doesn't need to be "emotionally involved" with the party or PC to join you.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
A companion doesn't need to be "emotionally involved" with the party or PC to join you.

:hmmm:

Game has 7-8 companions (lots of text participation) and 4 sidekicks (more like BG1-2). To my understanding, one of the 4 sidekicks is a manly dwarf.

A manly dwarf is a good sidekick because not saying a lot or having a personal issue suits his personality.

Sentinel

Arcane

:hmmm:

Game has 7-8 companions (lots of text participation) and 4 sidekicks (more like BG1-2). To my understanding, one of the 4 sidekicks is a manly dwarf.

A manly dwarf is a good sidekick because not saying a lot or having a personal issue suits his personality.
Care to explain how? I don't see how not talking or lacking personal issues fits the stereotypical manly dwarf. If anything, stereotypical dwarves talk too much.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
they should implement a morale system where you have to let your crew gamble, shagg harlots and get drunk once in a while or they will mutiny and steal your ship.
Morale system? I think you meant to say business management mini sim, it's sailors we are talking about after all.
+M

Chris Avelltwo

Scholar
There are no manly dwarves.

But what about the impressive beards? Even the lady dwarves have them. I think you are not only wrong, but it's actually the other way around; "There are no un-manly dwarves" is what you should say.

Now as for Elves like Aloth, on the other hand... they're very effeminate. They can't grow beards. Aloth's father, in fact, is a literal cuck to humans; apparently that is a tradition in the Dyrwood for some reason - and the humiliation of that is why he beat his poor son so severely that Aloth developed another persona as a way to cope, and that persona is female by the way, but has more balls than Aloth himself. Make of that what you will.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom