Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Pillars of Eternity II Features Trailer + GDC 2018 Preview at PCGamesN

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
...companions in Pillars of Eternity II can now pool their resources when testing skills. Your second-best thief is no longer a useless tag-along, then, but an effective boost to your party’s overall ability.

Fail.

Numanuma featured that same anti-RPG mechanic which shat on character development.

DeepOcean

Arcane
The problem of NumaNuma wasn't the pooling but that most stat checks were so easy that pooling guaranteed a 100% win rate on pretty much all stat checks, what is something beyond retard.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
...companions in Pillars of Eternity II can now pool their resources when testing skills. Your second-best thief is no longer a useless tag-along, then, but an effective boost to your party’s overall ability.

Fail.

Numanuma featured that same anti-RPG mechanic which shat on character development.
Eh?
I just played it for some hours before I was bored, but didn't Numenera let you pick in dialogues, etc. whose "skill pool" to use?
That's not pooling together, that's picking who does a job - which is one of the few things done right in the game.
The other characters in your party were useful for more than cannon fodder.

Or maybe I do remember it wrong... it was pretty forgettable, for sure.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
I know this. But a recently quoted preview mentioned party input during pickpocketing, which still doesn't make sense. I'll leave the question aside whether it makes sense for Diplomacy either.
This is so bad it's hilarious. Imagine you are a beginner thief. So you talk to some dudes and it helps your skill and you instantly become the best, able to pick pocket anyone. Sounds retarded?
Well it is just as it sounds...
Every time when I think this can't get any lower it amazes me. I believe the old farts have meetings how to popamolize the game and reduce even chance of chalange.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom