Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The sidekicks aren't cut, they are only renamed as far as I can gather. Maybe even changed concepts altogether, I don't think it would've been very cool if Rekke didn't speak any language we can understand, so I predict that got changed.

Fry

Arcane
Is that a cut in the number of sidekicks, or just replacement with different names?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Maybe, but they said nobody can understand him, so I didn't even think of that.

Flou

Arbiter
Dmitri Berman is the game's lead character artist, but that means 3D character models not portraits. 2D art is done by other people.

I believe Lindsey Laney is doing at least some of the portraits on Deadfire. Other than her, Br Guthrie is a 2D Concept artist on the project and did some of the portraits for Pillars 1. So most likely those two are doing most/all of the portraits for the game.

BilboBaggins

Educated
I don't think she ever looked anime, but I am keeping myself clean of anime in general.
She was very anime. She strongly reminded me of two characters in particular, Yakushi Kabuto and Lezard Valeth.
It's normal she looked anime to you, you watch anime. And it's normal she doesn't look that way to me.

She's obviously not drawn in a classic anime style, but a fussy white-haired meganekko scientist elf girl is obvious bait.

Sawyer acting hard back in February and now we are getting less anime-y artwork. What a difference 8 months made.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Josh Sawyer should be a sidekick, so Roguey can truly role play.

By the way, Ydwin is clearly modeled after Zany Ms. Laney. Bit of a thinner face, different hair, but it's her.

Agreed.

Totally off-topic... is it weird to anyone else that the 'seriously oldfag' achievement is awarded at 8 years, 363 days? Not 10 years, not 9 years... 8 years, 363 days. Oh Codex, never change!

Iznaliu

Arbiter
East Asians do come redhaired yes.

In anime, sure yes.

As well as in real life.

There are red headed Mongolians, some Chinese (Hui) and also Uighurs living in China. Some Hmong people also have reddish hair.
9f2d8cf5418c50c3c61e59e7b6ddae5c--north-western-red-heads.jpg
paisdigital043.jpg

It's more common in Central Asia (uyghurs, Tajiks etc.), but still present in east Asian populations.

According to some Mongolian legends, Genghis Khan had red hair.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom