Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
In what ways did Obsidian not completely live up to expectations with New Vegas?

Prime Junta

In what ways did Obsidian not completely live up to expectations with New Vegas?

Technical issues mostly. It was pretty buggy at launch, and still has some fairly severe issues, for example it slows down the longer you play, which is pretty damaging in a game as expansive and sprawling as it is.

It's still a spectacular game, IMO the second-best Fallout actually, after the original.

Prime Junta

Aren't the bugs fixed by the community? Also the memory leak issue?

AFAIK the memory leak/slowdown issue isn't fixed. Last time I played it I installed all the recommended mods and it did get annoyingly laggy towards the late game.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I think it's a modification from the Goldpact sub-class, otherwise he wouldn't mention them, just like how the order feats changed Flames of Devotion.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Aren't the bugs fixed by the community? Also the memory leak issue?

AFAIK the memory leak/slowdown issue isn't fixed. Last time I played it I installed all the recommended mods and it did get annoyingly laggy towards the late game.

Chances are the mods are causing it. That's the fucked up thing about F:NV. Vanilla F:NV has a shitload of problems, so you install shitload of mods , which in return cause shitload of problems of their own. It's a great game but it's always going to be slightly unstable and technologically flawed.

BilboBaggins

Educated
Amazing how he managed to avoid using Berserker.

Also... "I'm a wiz... WARLOCK mind you!"

12503077_gal_1717.jpg

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Barbarian/ Chanter = Howler
Barbarian/ Cipher = Witch
Barbarian/ Druid = Tempest
Barbarian/ Fighter = Brute
Barbarian/ Monk = Ravager
Barbarian/ Paladin = Fanatic
Barbarian/ Priest = Shaman
Barbarian/ Ranger = Savage
Barbarian/ Rogue = Marauder
Barbarian/ Wizard = Warlock
Rogue/ Druid = Pathfinder
Rogue/ Ranger = Scout

A LOT more to come

Fuck yeah warlock! Although I was hoping the wizard/rogue class was gonna be called that, probably gonna get some name like spellthief
/fighter is gonna be spellblade
/chanter is gonna be spellsinger
/druid is gonna be spelltree
/monk is gonna be spellfist
/paladin is gonna be spellsmite
/priest is gonna be spellheal
/ranger is gonna be spellbee
/cipher is gonna be spellweird

Feel free to hire me any day Sawyerman

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
Any clue if Durance is coming back? I remember ages ago people were saying he was in a trailer, and would probably be in the game as a side-quest?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Last edited by a moderator:

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Sawyer on USGamer RPG podcast (18:40): http://www.usgamer.net/articles/axe...ive-deep-into-pillars-of-eternity-ii-deadfire

Legendary RPG designer Josh Sawyer returns to dive deep into Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire's story, premise and multi-classing (18:30), but not before Kat has a healthy rant about NBA 2K18's stats progression and Nadia talks about the RPGs revealed at the Nindies event. Plus: Another Perfect RPG Party!

Lot of decent (if somewhat high-level) information from Josh here. Some good questions from the podcaster, along with a bunch of your usual standard questions we've all heard dozens of times.

Confirmation that berserker is a subclass of barbarian (and street fighter is a subclass of rogue) around the 28-29 minute mark

Discussion of Eder being a racist at ~38m. :(

Careful omission of Chris Avellone at ~41m.

Podcaster says nothing for like 10 seconds. :P ~44m.

Ship duels @ 45:35.

World map + exploration focus: 49mish

Avoidance of filler content: 50:30+

Reacting to prior game's choice: 52:30+ (There's even a Tyranny mention. Guess Josh learned what that game was finally :D )

Pillars franchise as intellectual property: 54:15

Pillars console: 57:15 (Nice shoutout by Josh saying he doesn't want to think about consoles because he doesn't want that to influence their design which needs to be about the platform they are developing for (PC/Mac))

Pillars 2 DLC possibilities: 59m. (JES probably won't be very involved if there is any)

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I couldn't care less about names anymore. I want to learn about differences subclasses have. We haven'
t heard or read much about that, no?

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I couldn't care less about names anymore. I want to learn about differences subclasses have. We haven'
t heard or read much about that, no?

Not really. He did specifically mention berseker (barb subclass) and street fighter (rogue subclass) in this podcast though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom