Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
A barbarian who dual-wields pistols? Interesting. Can this be done in PoE1?
You couldn't dual-wield firearms in the first. Shamefur dispray to use ranged weapons anyway.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Single-handed pistol use with a dual-wielded melee weapon was actually briefly possible during the PoE1 beta, but was removed. It worked surprisingly well for an unsupported feature.

Fry

Arcane
The "let's show what Josh has already shown on his social media!" updates are a bit lame

Old news here since many Obsidian stalkers post ITT, but most backers haven't seen this stuff.

"The Director"

30j68wj.jpg

Last edited:

Prime Junta

Single-handed pistol use with a dual-wielded melee weapon was actually briefly possible during the PoE1 beta, but was removed. It worked surprisingly well for an unsupported feature.

Yeah, I still don't understand why they removed it. It looked very cool, and it's not like it was gamebreakingly powerful.

Sizzle

Arcane
One thing about this newest update that still hasn't been discussed - it seems like Maia will have a sub-class (the Gunhawk) that's unique to her.

A nice idea and good way to make companions more appealing to people who would otherwise play with a custom generated party.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
A nice idea and good way to make companions more appealing to people who would otherwise play with a custom generated party.

Nothing will make me play with the companions if they whine and moan, and bitch their way across Eora lol. Well written companions > BG1-like companions >>>>>>>>>>> all others

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
One thing about this newest update that still hasn't been discussed - it seems like Maia will have a sub-class (the Gunhawk) that's unique to her.

Lack of unique abilities or talents for your companions is very disappointing indeed, companions should at least offer some flavour if not outright strength so the choice to be isn't between min-maxed hirelings and written content. Pallegina has unique talents for her Paladin order which makes her somewhat interesting but I can't think of anything else.

Sizzle

Arcane

Lack of unique abilities or talents for your companions is very disappointing indeed, companions should at least offer some flavour if not outright strength so the choice to be isn't between min-maxed hirelings and written content. Pallegina has unique talents for her Paladin order which makes her somewhat interesting but I can't think of anything else.

Besides Pallegina, the only other things which only companions can get, are the talents Zahua and Maneha receive at the end of their personal quests.

I hope that PoE2 will be more like FO:NV in that regard - that they will get different bonuses depending on how their quests turn out.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Both Zahua's and Maneha's talents are so small that they might as well not be there. Similarly bonuses from sacrificing people to pool of blood and boons of the gods are too small.

Sawyer really should add some more impactful contextual talents like New Vegas had, which could change the way you played. In fact someone should probably ask him whether he is against such powerful talents you acquire contextually from a design perspective.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I actually agree that the blood pool sacrifice seems too small a reward for such a cruel move. As a priest of Skaen, I am disappoint in my own god.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Isn't "east and north" the same as "northeast"? What's with this odd nomenclature?

...I think he just wanted to be consistent with the structure of the previous sentence that allowed him to make the "east (surprise)" remark.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
He's not wrong in the last paragraph, although I would argue that vanilla BG1's open world wilderness also fit well with resting.

"yeah you're right but to balance the per encounter shit out we just nerfed all the powerful spells lol!"
???

Nerfing isn't bad if it's not a reduction of the spell's power. People don't want weak spammy spells with no impact, a powerful spell that takes longer to cast is fine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom