Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
AD&D clerics, who have not-as-great THAC0 but can still wear heavy armor, could be built as something resembling a tank.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
If you don't count even self-buffs, sure, I'm currently using Viconia as a back-up tank without constantly having her buffed up.

Prime Junta

AD&D clerics, who have not-as-great THAC0 but can still wear heavy armor, could be built as something resembling a tank.

Sure, but they're still primarily support casters, not tanks. You can make a pure tank in Pillars, it's just not all that much fun.

Monkeyfinger

Cipher
It's kinda pointless to have so much trash, what is the justification for this?

During PoE's development, many backers expressed their desire that PoE have "simulationist" enemy inventory - that every killed enemy drop all the items it's actually carrying. Enemies that drop random loot unrelated to what they actually had equipped were seen as an undesirable modern MMO-like convention.

I still feel that way. Best possible way is PoE1 drop system + quality of life changes like infinite stacking for xuarip spears and small shields etc.

Lacrymas

Arcane
It's interesting how Josh goes to all these lengths to make sure what he designs is logical, but most of the setting and pretty much the entire story turned out so nonsensical, cheap and lacking in detail.

I still feel that way. Best possible way is PoE1 drop system + quality of life changes like infinite stacking for xuarip spears and small shields etc.

Like I said, the best way would be if the game just doesn't let you pick up trash, but still shows it in the loot box. That way the "simulationist" people will be happy and the stash won't be such a farce, a ridiculous "solution" to a problem they invented by including the stash. Yes, the IE games' inventory is too limited and needs to be looked at, but they severed it with such brutality that it's starting to get infected and smell.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Reminder that the stash can be disabled in Options. :MEDIT: Well, sort of.

The stash concept was originally envisioned as a kind of strategic storage space only available in towns. But Obsidian made it available everywhere by default in the beta and it turns out nobody actually wants to play without it.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Yeah, I know about that option, it doesn't fix the vacuuming and mountains of trash, which was what we were discussing. Basically this tbh -

With "simulationists" being Conway and the stash the enabler.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
It doesn't remove it, but it can potentially make it less annoying by separating the the vacuumed trash from the stuff you actually use (since you wouldn't want to put useful stuff in the stash and then lose access to it). No more picking out the magical items from among rows of Xaurip shields.

Lacrymas

Arcane
The stash has a filter you can use to not sort through the crap you've hoarded, so whatever.

Quillon

Arcane
Well, I can see IGN or some other site shilling all over the place but 100k subs youtube channel? Heck even some of the bigger channels are not shills, simply looking at their content & how hard they were on "big games" proves it, but I get it, it is cool to be seen as smart as fuck "illuminated" ones, you know what few is reliable, if there is any, and anybody who's popular is automatic shill and even if you admit they are not shills then they are retarded as fuck cos they don't have the same opinion as you.

Sannom

Augur
Fact is, most publishers have happily and readily blacklisted him over his shitpost reviews.
Isn't that a badge of honor, especially if it hasn't stopped him from getting donations? Being in the good graces of the big guns of this particular industry cannot be a good thing, what with all the bought out youtubers, the eSport closed-circle, etc.

And how is a 7 out of 10 a shit review?

Quillon

Arcane
Not everyone's the same. Kinda Funny are/were? Sony shills. You can just look at their content or that award show where Sony executive not so subtly awards that Greg guy. Also the booted dude were the most honest among them :P

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
It's interesting how Josh goes to all these lengths to make sure what he designs is logical, but most of the setting [...] turned out so nonsensical, cheap and lacking in detail.

"no"

The game might have its faults expressing the existing content of the setting, usually due overabudance, but that doesn't make the setting bad.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Why would anyone with a brain and general culture of games watch these shithead edgelords from youtube in the first place? How did they get to be an authority on anything? Jim Sterling - the man who says which game is good, but can't figure out how to clear the spots from his face.

The best way to form your opinion on a game you haven't played - watch a few hours of a no commentary LP. You get a feeling of both the gameplay, the systems, and the general atmosphere and style of the story.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom