Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer

Quillon

Arcane
Why buy a ship when there were no Eothas to pursue I wonder? Watcher were planning a voyage around the world? :P

Sizzle

Arcane
Sawyer said:
The Steward sold most of your treasury to buy the Defiant

Methinks she got ripped off :D
Or she spent most of the money on whores and booze and than had to buy a ship with what was left.

Statues doing weird things seem to be one of the themes of the game.

The Steward: "My Lord, I've purchased for us a boat."

The Watcher: [sees the decrepit, barely afloat hull of the Defiant] "Oh. Well... uhm... I suppose it'll do on such short notice. How much did it set us back? 2000 gp? 3000? I hope all my meticulously hoarded shit will fit in there."

The Steward: "No need to worry 'bout that, my Lord, I've liquidated all of your remaining assets to acquire this magnificent seafaring vessel."

The Watcher: "... lemme get this straight... Eothas stole my XP, and you pawned the rest of my gear?! Even my soul-bound stuff? Items which are SOUL. BOUND. TO. ME!?"

The Steward: "My Lord, how else was I supposed to buy us this ship? I did advise you to do it, but you were busy crying about having to level up all over again."

The Watcher: "You could have bought the entire Rautaian navy with all that cash! Or a luxury Aedyran cruise liner! Fuck, even a Naastiaqi blubber boat would have been better! Out of all the boats in Dyrwood, why did you pick out this pile of jetsam!?"

The Steward: "... there's more than one boat?"

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I liked the crafting of epic unique items in BGII. It felt rewarding after having carried around the parts which were useless separately, to have them forged into extremely powerful weapons. But of course you could only make one of each, except the ankheg plate.

1eyedking

Erudite
After the total fiasco filled with Sawyer's --who must love the smell of his couch's week-old stale farts-- pretentious writing, these fuckers have the audacity of wanting to release yet another tl;dr lore-dumping generator filled with SJW circle-jerking and shitty clusterfuck combat?

Fuck Obsidian and their soulless art department, their once-made-something-great-but-now-eat-dick-and-chocolate developers, and their whole parafernalia of society's most talentless rejects they call """game designers""".

Seriously, fuck these assholes, their games suck and are as soulless as games can be.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
After the total fiasco filled with Sawyer's --who must love the smell of his couch's week-old stale farts-- pretentious writing, these fuckers have the audacity of wanting to release yet another tl;dr lore-dumping generator filled with SJW circle-jerking and shitty clusterfuck combat?

Fuck Obsidian and their soulless art department, their once-made-something-great-but-now-eat-dick-and-chocolate developers, and their whole parafernalia of society's most talentless rejects they call """game designers""".

Seriously, fuck these assholes, their games suck and are as soulless as games can be.

Damn. Sawyer must be swinging some serious wood if he left you such a painful rectal prolapse.

Sizzle

Arcane
filled with SJW circle-jerking
I have never heard this take before, what are you referring to?

A lot of people inferred that Obsidian (or at least - Sawyer) are SJW because they changed that Firedorn Lightbringer memorial after someone complained about it on Twitter.

But in the first White March expansion, they added a bounty which has you killing a character named Firedorn, a person constantly referred to by male pronouns, but sporting a female avatar.

So, yeah, in PoE you get to kill a tranny and get paid for it :D

Sentinel

Arcane

A lot of people inferred that Obsidian (or at least - Sawyer) are SJW because they changed that Firedorn Lightbringer memorial after someone complained about it on Twitter.

But in the first White March expansion, they added a bounty which has you killing a character named Firedorn, a person constantly referred to by male pronouns, but sporting a female avatar.

I always interpreted that bounty as Obsidian turning Firedorn into what he was "prejudiced" against, and then having the player kill him as a "fuck you, bigot" message to firedorn.

Bleed the Man

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

I always interpreted that bounty as Obsidian turning Firedorn into what he was "prejudiced" against, and then having the player kill him as a "fuck you, bigot" message to firedorn.

Jesus Christ, dude... it was a nice gesture. Going from mere backer memorial to bounty npc without having to put money to earn it is a cool gesture no matter how you slice it.

Sentinel

Arcane

Jesus Christ, dude... it was a nice gesture. Going from mere backer memorial to bounty npc without having to put money to earn it is a cool gesture no matter how you slice it.
And did I say it wasn't? I was merely posting what was my interpretation of the bounty at the time that I did it.

Bleed the Man

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

And did I say it wasn't? I was merely posting what was my interpretation of the bounty at the time that I did it.
Well, if your interpretation of this nice gesture is a "fuck you, bigot", it stops being a nice gesture, doesn't it? It would be petty revenge for the least deserving of it.

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron

Well, if your interpretation of this nice gesture is a "fuck you, bigot", it stops being a nice gesture, doesn't it? It would be petty revenge for the least deserving of it.
What the fuck are you talking about?

Bleed the Man

Arcane
Patron

About the intentions behind putting Firedorn as a tranny NPC for a bounty quest in the expansion? Specifically about the intentions that TheSentinel interpreted.

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron

About the intentions behind putting Firedorn as a tranny NPC for a bounty quest in the expansion? Specifically about the intentions that TheSentinel interpreted.
Meant to reply to The Sentinel my apologies fellow codexer, I love you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom