Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

fobia

https%3A%2F%2Fd3pylr1apgoxnh.cloudfront.net%2Fusers%2Fprofile_images%2Fd4fa69cd78b5e5f5f6975cf35dce6fc8e9787f11%2Foriginal.png%3F1439917264

Feargus
developer
We hit more of Fulvano than we expected, so this part of his voyages has come to an end.
Feb 27, 2017 | 05:24 PM

Was the answer to people asking whether future pledges would count towards Fulvano's Voyage.
Good thing imho. I wasn't too excited about most additional goals, like the second dungeon level or the radiant court.
Better to fill the existing parts with interesting content.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
https%3A%2F%2Fd3pylr1apgoxnh.cloudfront.net%2Fusers%2Fprofile_images%2Fd4fa69cd78b5e5f5f6975cf35dce6fc8e9787f11%2Foriginal.png%3F1439917264

Feargus
developer
We hit more of Fulvano than we expected, so this part of his voyages has come to an end.
Feb 27, 2017 | 05:24 PM

Was the answer to people asking whether future pledges would count towards Fulvano's Voyage.
Good thing imho. I wasn't too excited about most additional goals, like the second dungeon level or the radiant court.
Better to fill the existing parts with interesting content.

This leads me to suspect that that last part of Fulvano's journey was made specifically in response to randal/sherry's post on this thread.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I thought the rule on the Codex thread was that every RPG thread would inevitably be a Pillars thread... how has this Pillars thread become a BGEE thread? :P

(I did find Beamdog's writing pretty much terrible all around. There were some decent battles in SoD though, if you ignored the plot and the characters)

Sentinel

Arcane
I thought the rule on the Codex thread was that every RPG thread would inevitably be a Pillars thread... how has this Pillars thread become a BGEE thread? :P

(I did find Beamdog's writing pretty much terrible all around. There were some decent battles in SoD though, if you ignored the plot and the characters)
Everyone's already accepted that PoE is a good game.
Plus Torment is about to launch so people are focusing all their attention on shitting on that as much as possible for the next few months.

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
This is gonna be another wait-and-see game for me. PoE was the kind of game that sounded good on paper, but was disappointing in execution. I never even finished the game- not because it was especially bad, but because it was exceptionally meh.

I'm willing to pay more for a game later that I actually will want to play.

bminorkey

The dominant and aggressive coverage of this game on the codex front page is seriously annoying. We don't need to hear about every single hair that falls off sawyer's balding head in a separate post

Just condense them into a biweekly report guys. This isn't ign

Iznaliu

Arbiter
This is gonna be another wait-and-see game for me. PoE was the kind of game that sounded good on paper, but was disappointing in execution. I never even finished the game- not because it was especially bad, but because it was exceptionally meh.

Are you talking about BG1? (I played PoE before BG1; that might be part of the issue here)

Starwars

Arcane
One of the Fig people posted in the comments that 38,567$ have been pledged via the new Fig slacker backer system. This does not include funds pledged via Paypal through Obsidian's own backer portal

Fry

Arcane
One of the Fig people posted in the comments that 38,567$ have been pledged via the new Fig slacker backer system. This does not include funds pledged via Paypal through Obsidian's own backer portal

Likely not. A Fig rep wouldn't have access to Obs backer portal numbers.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.fig.co/campaigns/deadfire?update=282#updates

Update #20 - A Big Thank You for $4.4 Million!
POSTED: 02/28/2017
We've reached the end of the official campaign on Fig, and it has been an amazing ride. We want to let you know how much it means to all of us on the Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire team that you supported us with your thoughts, your contributions, and your feedback throughout the campaign. Pillars II has grown and become bigger and better than we ever imagined when we first set out at the start of this journey.

https%3A%2F%2Fplayfig.s3.amazonaws.com%2FCampaignBodyImage%2Fimage%2Fdata%2F8f393ac2f5ce1816%2F20237787bf949230%2Fafb984dc00a39dc2%2Fb82b401f0d975695

$4.4 Million!
After a month-long campaign and a myriad of announcements and new additions, we were able to exceed our initial funding goal of $1.1 million by more than 400%! This makes Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire the most crowdfunded video game since 2015, and exceeds the number achieved by Pillars I. With more than 33,600 backers, Pillars II became the most popular project ever on Fig. We're so excited about what we were able to achieve together.

Slacker Backers
If you missed out on backing us (or know someone who did), have no fear! You can still back Pillars II via the Slacker Backer Pledge button on Fig, or over at obsidian.net. For 60 days after the campaign ends (about 57 of which are left), backers can continue to pledge and receive backer rewards as if they contributed during the campaign! Even better, these contributions will count toward our remaining stretch goals of $4.5, $4.75, and $5 million dollars, which are:
  • $4.5 M - Ship Crew: Hire and manage a crew for your ship
  • $4.75 M - Sea Monsters and Fishing: Hunt gigantic monsters on the high seas, and go fishing
  • $5.0 - 8th Companion: Ydwin joins the party as a full companion
When Can I Link My Pledge to the Backer Portal?
Once Fig has confirmed all of the pledges, we will be migrating them over to our Backer Portal. This will take 2-3 weeks. Once that is done, we'll let you know in an update when you can link your Fig pledge to the Backer Portal. This allows you to upgrade to a different tier if you'd like, add more add-ons, confirm your pledge, and obtain any rewards we have available now (like Pillars of Eternity I, The White March expansion, the Tyranny coupon, and Cooking With Tim vol. 1).

Thank You

Thank you for helping us make Pillars II the best game it can possibly be. We're so excited to be bringing our game to you early next year, and to watch it grow in scope from what we'd originally planned. Thank you for all of your requests and support. Because of you, Pillars II is possible.

We will continue to update you weekly about Pillars II art, lore, design, and overall progress on the game, so stay tuned!

Until next time, fellow adventurers!

Last edited:

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
They are pretty confident about early 2018 release. We'll see.

They said they've been working on it for more than a year. Between that, their familiarity with the engine, and their stretch goals being a lot more grounded than POE1, I think it's possible.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I imagine there's a good chance it will be delayed slightly, but there won't be any of the "LOL ACTUALLY WE NEED ANOTHER YEAR" stuff of first generation crowdfunded games

Bleed the Man

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I imagine there's a good chance it will be delayed slightly, but there won't be any of the LOL ACTUALLY WE NEED ANOTHER YEAR stuff of first generation crowdfunded games

Yeah. Maybe a summer release to have more time to iron out the bugs. But 2018 is pretty much a lock.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom