Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The small udmurt has an unflattering bra, the cup size is too big and the supports show through her shirt... Much decline.

It's obvious she's not the one with the boobs in that "family".

ushas

Savant
https%3A%2F%2Fplayfig.s3.amazonaws.com%2FCampaignBodyImage%2Fimage%2Fdata%2Fa16145da4c418981%2Fed4206daedf8228a%2F3d8ef98238a2bc89%2F406d30798825b822
The world map in bigger resolution, from the update's video:
The_World_Map_Feb2017.png
--------------------------------------
Two comments regarding top left corner elements:

(1) Date, it says 19 Majprima 2823 AI: Majprima is something like mid spring, ~early in the year. According to the wiki's timeline the PoE1 story begins in the exact same year, 2823 AI.

I don't remember how long the PoE1 adventure can last. If the video's time is supposed to be official, then Deadfire starts right after PoE1 (?, though perhaps the save import will influence the start date). But my guess or more like wish is that it's just the placeholder here for now, to show how time advances when you sail.

(2) There are world coordinates kept at zero the whole sailing sequence. Possibly it's just unimplemented yet. However, I was also thinking - perhaps one would also need to own some navigation means and have proper skills and knowledge?

Just a paragraph of wishful thinking:
What would the party need to narrow their position? What about a quest to obtain magnetic compass for the means of determining directions? Then couple it with general navigation skills and coastal / regional knowledge or buying a local sea chart. There is also something to say about the knowledge of the relative positions and movement of heavenly bodies across the sky, while using the marine astrolabe or the quadrant instrument. If nothing else, it can mechanically shorten the time needed to travel from location to location. Likewise, buy the ship with some proper long mast and perhaps (if already invented) also the telescope -> better and more distant visibility. Etc. But it would be neat if used for the narrative purposes too. Also hidden stuff. I mean what if somebody hints us coordinates of treasure, or so, using the most obvious example...
--------------------------------------

TL,DR: So from those of you who plan to attend the Q&A, is anybody interested in asking whether they are implementing some navigation tools and skills?

Sizzle

Arcane
If the video's time is supposed to be official, then Deadfire starts right after PoE1 (?, though perhaps the save import will influence the start date). But my guess or more like wish is that it's just the placeholder here for now, to show how time advances when you sail.

Yeah, I think they said somewhere that several years pass between PoE1 and 2.

Arulan

Cipher
People complaining that hard achievements are part of Steam achievements and they can't 100%. What the fuck.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
They've hit sidekicks goal like 4 hours ago, and already went up additional 200k when I'm writing this post. Safe to say that this was all planned after all.

Rev

Arcane
Jesus, how hard is that? Maybe this is a Fig request?
I don't think it's because it's hard to implement that, just that they want to prioritize Fig so that people are more inclined to back there and they get to keep more money (since Feargus is on Fig's executive board).

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
It's funny how this campaign is basically Fig Funds and nothing else at the moment. It was about 3,429,000 when I went to dine just now, at 1,72M, and now it's 3,480,000, at 1,79M in Fig funds.

I'm not complaining, though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom