Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
We all live in the endless cycle of repetition!
e4819e65c2275ac82d8fe3beea1e4ece.png

DeepOcean

Arcane
I'm getting a feeling of deja vu... In fact, I'm getting a feeling of deja vu that I've gotten this feeling of deja vu several times before about the same damn thing being discussed before by the same damn people as before using the same damn arguments as before.
We just need someone to extensively play the beta and go progressively insane as time passes then post walls of texts generating autism wars over minute mechanical systems with walls of texts flying around, like we had last time, so far, things are slow, maybe because PoE 2 isn't as hyped as PoE 1 was, we need new butthurt to talk about, until then, we will recycle old butthurt because it is easier and we are bored.

jungl

Augur
sagani was the worst imo. Some midget woman with a goofy face paint in her 30s away from her family and children on a stupid tribal quest. LOL felt so satisfying putting her in the pit.

Jezal_k23

I actually liked Sagani having a family. Finally, party members whose characterization is not basically being desperate for my dick.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, they haven't said there's going to be romance. They said "YOU can fall in love with such-and-such, but it's not clear whether they'll reciprocate", which is as prosperish as you can get tbh. Kinda gross, but there you have it.

Quillon

Arcane
You can also interpret that as "not everyone will be romanceable but some will be". They can't not please the romance crowd now, should be subtler at least I guess.

2house2fly

Magister
There aren't any sexy babe party members so I care not a whit either way about romances. Well, I guess Pallegina is sexy but I don't want to actually resolve the joke about whether she has a cloaca.

Ent

Savant
So how does a devoted fighter work in the beta? Can he chose unarmed as his weapon type?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I was really curious if the negress had cloaca. But i take it this will be one of the questions without an answer. The most forgettable for me was the little werewolf guy,only thing that i remember is that he had some op spells and read hear.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Devoted to unarmed strike is called a Monk. A lot of stuff doesn't stack with the Monk bonuses, though, like Druid shapeshift attacks.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Eder's sorrow and fractured feelings and disillusionment over his brother choice and ultimately death - of course will not resonate with a pampered man-child that will always be drawn to the flashy and almost comical characters like Durance.

And from a technical point, Eder is written better.
It's that simple.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Eder's sorrow and fractured feelings and disillusionment over his brother choice and ultimately death

Fun statement, but very far from meaningful. They can proclaim all the sorrow and pain in the world, but it doesn't matter if it doesn't do or change anything, nor affect the choices he makes. Durance's "flashiness" is a direct result of his experiences, it isn't random, the Watcher is also the only option he has, it's logical for him to join the party, as opposed to pretty much everyone else.

Sentinel

Arcane
I was really curious if the negress had cloaca. But i take it this will be one of the questions without an answer. The most forgettable for me was the little werewolf guy,only thing that i remember is that he had some op spells and read hear.
She probably does have a cloaca. How else would she reproduce? Or are Godlikes infertile?

2house2fly

Magister
They're infertile, yeah. That's actually a part of her backstory; as a godlike she's unable to reproduce and so legally in her home country she's not considered female, a loophole that allowed her to join her otherwise-all-male paladin order

He had a decent quest at least- he's torn between two gods and you can convince him which one he should be worshipping. There's a bit of Lore about how souls split more as the population increases, which is a slightly disturbing aspect of the worldbuilding (how much can a soul fracture and remain viable? Will people evolve to stop needing "essence" to function the way they currently do?)

Eder's sorrow and fractured feelings and disillusionment over his brother choice and ultimately death

Fun statement, but very far from meaningful. They can proclaim all the sorrow and pain in the world, but it doesn't matter if it doesn't do or change anything, nor affect the choices he makes. Durance's "flashiness" is a direct result of his experiences, it isn't random, the Watcher is also the only option he has, it's logical for him to join the party, as opposed to pretty much everyone else.
What's not logical is for the Watcher to keep him around for any reason.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
So, any combination of multiclassing standing out so far? What combination have you used?

This is my custom party now:

- Crusader (Unbroken/ The Shieldbearers of St Elcga)
- Liberator (Lifegiver/ Darcozzi Paladini)
- Hunter (Devoted/ Sharpshooter)
- Swashbuckler (Devoted/ Streetfighter)
- Hierophant (Illusionist/ Beguiler)

The Crusader, Swashbuckler and Hierophant are doing really great. I need to observe others better. The Hunter is melting down in almost every encounter.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
nobody has answered whether the backer beta still features laborious and unreadable turd-paragraphs or if they tightened up their writing

Iznaliu

Arbiter
nobody has answered whether the backer beta still features laborious and unreadable turd-paragraphs or if they tightened up their writing

The backer beta's writing is apparently improved, though it's not a huge improvement. Unfortunately, I can't tell you much more since those with backer beta access are too busy arguing over POE1.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
you know i still remember the name of the punk rocker party member's band from shadowrun: dragonfall, something he mentions only in passing and it's buried about 5 dialogs deep, but i never even knew godlike couldn't reproduce until right now even though i've finished PoE 13 times.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
but i never even knew godlike couldn't reproduce until right now even though i've finished PoE 13 times

I don't think reproduction is important in most RPGs (other than that one game called Skyrim), so that isn't that meaningful.

Bonerbill

Augur

Most people who find Hiravias unforgettable never used him. he has some of the funniest banters in the game, especially with Eder in White March Part 2. He's kind of refreshing since all the other characters in your party (besides Eder, Zahua, and the Blue Lesbo ) are so serious personality wise.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom