Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I've started a HoMM "marathon" on the side, so I have the soundtracks in my head now :p

A lot of Renaissance secular vocal/instrumental music could work for fantasy games in general.

Sannom

Augur
WHAT DO WE WANT?
WORKING QUOTES!
WHEN DO WE WANT THEM?
NOW!

I was hoping he could improve significantly in 2 given the working conditions he had on the first game, aka, finding some amateur musicians in Obsidian ranks and recording Obsidian's hallways next to broom closet with cleaning ladies swooping around.
That was only the music for the first trailer.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
If it is more medieval orchestral songs....well we can't go without a song from one of the greatest soundtracks in a game,Knights of Honor!

Great game,great music!

Lacrymas

Arcane
Hmm, some kind of unusual folk singing technique could be interesting, like that Mongolian throat singing thing.

I've started another playthrough of the beta, using Skaen Priest/Devoted, Chanter (Beckoner), Druid (Lifegiver), Paladin/Berserker and an Evoker. If anyone has some questions for those classes, ask them now.

Ulfhednar

Savant
Also playing through - current lineup:
Assasin/Priest of Skaen (Watcher)
Devoted/Skald
Goldpact Knights/Berserker
Streetfighter/Shattered Pillar
Transmuter

pomenitul

Arbiter
He meant Brittany, i.e. Northwestern France. Great Britain's very name is a tribute to the Bretons and Normans (i.e. the French), who brought civilisation to the barbaric Angles and Saxons in the 11th century. At least 30% of English words are of French origin.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Kind of disappointed in the Skaen Priest/Devoted. I don't think Skaenites get Sneak Attack anymore, which is super lame. Their deity weapons are stiletto and club, which means you lose the Devoted bonus for your off-hand, which is lame, too. It also doesn't do as much damage as I had hoped due to the lack of Sneak Attack, I guess Skaenite/Rogue is the way to go if you want that playstyle, since you get a bunch of Rogue abilities for free, you can focus on other things. Evoker isn't good either, even though it does more damage than all the other Wizards it's still not enough on PotD, you get too few casts, while you are swarmed with mobs.

Basically, caster heavy group = shit.

Last edited:

Ulfhednar

Savant
Evoker isn't good either, even though it does more damage than all the other Wizards it's still not enough on PotD, you get too few casts, while you are swarmed with mobs.

Basically, caster heavy group = shit.

The casting time just kills your dps. Even if you punch hard, you can't punch fast enough. I picked all the short cast Minoletta spells for my Evoker so that I could empty my spell book every fight and made him a nature godlike for the bonus power levels. It worked okay on hard, but not sure it would be enough for PotD.

Not even sure that an extra cast per level for single class wizards would fix things, since spells take so long.

Lacrymas

Arcane
The only thing Evoker has going for it is that it can do double damage with its spells, one-shotting some mobs, which means it's most useful as a "sniper" type character. I get now what they are going for with the Empower mechanic, it's basically a way to get enough casts to last the entire combat or to more effectively "snipe" mobs. Which isn't a bad idea tbh, but it needs refinement.

That deity weapon thing seems bugged, though, I do ridiculous damage with it.

Last edited:

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Hmm. What are the special abilities of Paladins per organization? I was always disappointed to a degree with the Bleak Walkers and their schtick.

Ulfhednar

Savant
Bleak Walkers Flames of Devotion now does Corrode damage instead of burn damage and also sickens the target.
Darcozzi Paladins give the target a flame shield when they use Lay on hands.
Goldpact Knights get "Gilded Enmity" when they use Sworn Enemy. It's a gold skin layer that works similar to Stoneskin from the IE games.
Kind Wayfarers heal party members when they us Flames of Devotion.
Sheildbearers prevent death when they use Lay on Hands and get an extra engagement slot when they use a shield.

Lacrymas

Arcane
There was a neat little dual-wielding Bleak Walker build around doing Corrode damage on the Obs forum, which was cool. I guess a Shifter/Paladin built around Corrode damage can work in PoE2, too, but again, it needs more options. The Paladin orders can have more abilities down the line exclusive to the order. Priests and Druids, too. Hell, all subclasses and generalists can have exclusive talents.

Shieldbearers are probably best tanks now, Paladin/Berserker is almost unkillable when they Frenzy and they do great damage.

frajaq

Erudite
There was a neat little dual-wielding Bleak Walker build around doing Corrode damage on the Obs forum, which was cool. I guess a Shifter/Paladin built around Corrode damage can work in PoE2, too, but again, it needs more options.

Can you find that build? It sounds interesting

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
There was a neat little dual-wielding Bleak Walker build around doing Corrode damage on the Obs forum, which was cool. I guess a Shifter/Paladin built around Corrode damage can work in PoE2, too, but again, it needs more options.

Can you find that build? It sounds interesting
I assume it was this one: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/85885-class-build-bleak-walker-melee-dw-paladin-monster/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom