Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

2house2fly

Magister
I'd like to officially request to badler that he make a tiny inconsequential decision in PoE1 make a major difference in the crit path of the DLC. Oh, also have the guy from the Deadfire Pack turn up, because I'd like closure that he got home safely

badler

Obsidian Entertainment
Developer
I'd like to officially request to badler that he make a tiny inconsequential decision in PoE1 make a major difference in the crit path of the DLC. Oh, also have the guy from the Deadfire Pack turn up, because I'd like closure that he got home safely

Heh... I can just see the hate mail now.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Broke: badler logging onto the Codex every few weeks to read about how he's a piece of shit

Woke: badler logging onto the Codex every few weeks to read about how he's Adam Brennecke

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Nope you are not obsessed with balance :)

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Sawyer hasn't talked about balance for a while, has he? Are we just assuming that balance is a critical pillar in his design vision because he said so in the past, or is it still like that?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Just leave your address and someone will send you love mail.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Also what is this "Deadfire Pack" ppl talk about? I know it was like free POE1 dlc but I thought it just added portraits or other cosmetic items.. Is it worth playing again w/ it added?

2house2fly

Magister
The Deadfire Pack adds a merchant in an early game area who sells some soulbound items. There's a cool belt and hat, a decent club, and a terrible arbalest which reloads slower as it levels up. There's also some unique items: a saber which procs a tidal wave spell, a blinderbuss which has a 1% chance to confuse an enemy on crit or something, and some pirate outfits which are bugged and look like shit on male characters.

I don't think it's worth playing through the game again just for the new items, but if one was planning on playing again anyway, or playing for the first time, they're nice to have. It's nice to at least be able to get some soulbound items before going to the White March

Pizzashoes

Scholar
Do the hats in PoE2 still hide hair? Tricorne hats look crap on bald people.
1200px-Thomas_Gainsborough_024.jpg

Pizzashoes

Scholar
One might think head customization would be more important than a total spell overhaul, but then one would have to run some statistical analysis based on user feedback. This one can only talk out of his ass.

axedice

Cipher
Almost feels like the directors at Obsidian are selectively targeted by a she-male demon. First Avellone, now Josh.. Sorry to say badler but it seems you're up next :M

Ruzen

Savant
So one of the AAA studios trying to recruit Sawyer to improve their ded franchises now? Highly doubt. I'm certain he just exhausted answering same stupid questions over and over at Something Awful during the development.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom