Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pillars of Eternity console port by Paradox Arctic

Quillon

Arcane
WTF

Hmn, outsourced to paradox arctic. How did they manage to port it I wonder?

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I wonder how it would be playable at all without it feeling like a turn based game. I expect auto pause each round.

Quillon

Arcane
What's he saying on 44th sec on that trailer? You believe you're in control... ?

Lacrymas

Arcane
You believe you're in control... ?

, but I wonder where your choices will lead us. (How is this a logical sentence though? Is he saying that choices don't matter? i.e. "You believe you have choices, but whatever you choose it will end up the same"?)

Ironically, the same place everyone's choices will, this isn't AoD.

Starwars

Arcane
To be honest, don't really give a shit if Paradox spends time converting these things to console (and they make it work, hey, great). But yeah... no sneaky "oh yeah, we're also totally making Deadfire for consoles btw but don't WORRY GUYS!" announcements please.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I didn't think PoE was "hard to get into", sooo. It's not like the first X-com where you have to read the documentation before you know wtf is going on and wtf you are supposed to be doing. He didn't mention anything about the combat though.

Fry

Arcane
The console crowd is cheering, losing itself in a surge of sheer ecstasy.

Yes, all 15 of them who actually want to play PoE.

Silly shit, but I don't care as long as the PoE2 team isn't wasting time on console interface nonsense.

Mustawd

Not sure what's so difficult to understand. Game will now be single character control only with companion AI, and moved exclusively to RT with fake pause option, a la DA:I. Boom, done.

Rev

Arcane
What the fuck is this shit?
I hope this is just Paradox's douchery and that Obsidian cut all its ties with those idiots, since they have nothing to gain from their terrible policies (endless overpriced dlcs, shit marketing, their ideas of making a two-part expansion which turn out to be an epic fail commercially...), otherwise if Obsidian starts thinking about making console ports of their PC games I'll stop giving them money in their crowdfunding campaign.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom