Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pillars of Eternity Coding/Hacking Thread

Fairfax

Arcane
So, is it possible to add a new companion to the game with quests, dialog, and all? If so, how hard would that be?

UnstoppableFish

Barely Literate
Does any one know if it would be possible to make "One that Stands" ability like it original was before the 1.05 patch work in white march?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I'm pretty sure that there was a IEmod UI that used the original pillars branches-thing, in a U shaped style. It was here in a codex thread. Anybody knows where?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Thanks, I can't seem to find it, but Surf Solar 's UI is pretty damn good.

Thanks! I am still waiting for the last expansion to be released to refine the artwork and replace vanilla textures/refine old buttons so mouse travel time is more elegant. But glad you like it!

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Since the old IE Mod console command for SelCircWidth no longer works, is there any way to alter the value still?

I found the corresponding entry in the Registry for the game but the value presented there is a long text entry referencing an XML document that I have no clue how to handle.

Bester? Sensuki? Anyone? I tried simply deleting the XML text in the value and typing 0.025 (the value I used to use) but no dice :(

chrisboote

Novice
Hiya, really simple question (I hope)

I have latest version of Unity and m$ visual studio

I know the .cs I want to change

How do I get the current version of PoE I have into Unity to start hacking it*

Thanks

* this is a very grandiose way to say 'change one line'

Ta

There are some minor parts of the game that override customization --- the main title screen music can't be replaced and the pics for the first two companions that die also stay the same regardless of the files you replace them with---has the codex found a cure for these yet?

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Against my better judgment, I decided to give PoE second chance as the game has been patched quite a bit since the first time I played it. So I went to look for useful mods but seems like there's hardly any mods beside iemod. Is PoE/Unity such a pain in the ass to mod or doesn't people just care enough PoE to mod it?

Merca

Barely Literate
Sorry for reviving this topic but I have a simple request.

Is there a way to change NPC names in the game? My friend wants to play this game but one (ugly) character of the opposite sex shares her exact name.

She loves everything about the game yet she refuses to play it because of that character XD

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Quillon

Arcane
Just kill the character, there is 2 characters I know that can't be killed and I doubt your friend hates Lady webb & Icantha names.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Sorry for reviving this topic but I have a simple request.

Is there a way to change NPC names in the game? My friend wants to play this game but one (ugly) character of the opposite sex shares her exact name.

She loves everything about the game yet she refuses to play it because of that character XD

Any help would be highly appreciated.
Sure you can. There are no data editors afaik, but you can do it by making a small c# mod and integrate it into the IEMod. Which is to say, if you're not a programmer, you can't do it.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
So I launched POE1 and the characters' rotation feels OFF. I know why - I remember seeing in a video where they said they rotated the model more towards the camera, so it doesn't really stand on the ground at the right angle.

I can't play the game like this, it pisses me off. I'm gonna make a mod.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom