Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pillars of Eternity Coding/Hacking Thread

I too would like to see some work done on the XP system - lowering of all xp values so that I don't reach level cap too soon, yes. But also unlimited XP for killing stuff, humans-elfs-dwarfs-whatever included. Not as much as quest XP, but a quite significant part anyway, like it was in IE games. Also a complete rework of items in this game, but I know that is not very likely.

I just find it a big problem when I have half of the map black and can't be bothered to uncover it. I know I'm not going to get any XP for it, finding interesting loot is highly unlikely and the gameplay of grinding those mobs is... just not that appealing. That's just how it is. I still try to do it in the hope of finding another quest, some interesting piece of lore or just someone to talk to, but mostly I find nothing.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Even if it does, then you'd be giving up all the changes that were made by Obsidian between 526 and 530. It's not something I'd recommend mainly because it's probably unstable to some degree. Maybe to high degree, maybe to low degree, I don't know.

Unwanted

Hatred

Unwanted
Yeah I only just got the game patched (GoG version) and I thought maybe now I could turn it up from hard to stay awake its so boring difficulty and move up to PotD. Nope. Oh wells.

Last edited:

agris

Arcane
Patron
Thanks again for the SetDefaultZoom option Bester. Not for lack of work to do on your end, but I'd like to suggest a new toggle-able option for the IE Mod: "Path of the Damned stat and ability modifications for creatures". That way we can play with PotD spawns without the buffs, and vice-versa. Or Normal difficulty spawns with buffed creatures. Either way, these aren't options supported by the vanilla game.

I'll second that proposal if it is possible. I don't like enemy buffs due to difficulty, but hard at some point (level 6-8?) just becomes a snoozefest.

Also, any progress on unlocking all spells so they can be cast outside combat? I think this was mentioned somewhere in this thread, wasn't it?

mercyRPG

Cipher
Desperately needed features:

- XP system needs to be reworked to support giving XP for killing monsters
- level cap must be raised
- "No Stats Tampering" option in IEMod menu to disable all character stat modification console commands, so we can't modify any character stats after game begin.
- Proper Character Respec so the Priest can select a Deity --> If Class = Priest then bring_up Screen(Deity_Select);

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I won't be adding new features. I dropped PoE in the middle of Act 2 and while I intend to finish it some day, I'm not very interested right now. I'll update it to 530 and fix two issues in ~ half an hour.

mercyRPG

Cipher
I won't be adding new features. I dropped PoE in the middle of Act 2 and while I intend to finish it some day, I'm not very interested right now. I'll update it to 530 and fix two issues in ~ half an hour.

Ditto, only in Act I. After making a party of six I found the combat a badly designed mess.
Back to Knights of the Chalice, I guess. :)

agris

Arcane
Patron

:salute:

I hope future updates bring you back, Bester.

edit: not sure if it's the IE mod or v526, but the option "show endurance numbers on portraits" resets to unchecked everytime I reboot PoE.

Torrasque01

Augur

Don't forget someone made a contribution to add FastStealth to IEMod.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Updated to the latest version.

Fixed two issues: when people respecced into a Cleric or a Paladin, they reported they couldn't select a God or an Order.
Fixed a minor bug.

Two console commands were quickly written, but not tested. Give them a try:

AssignClericalGod charname godName
Charname should be used like in the IERemove method and not like in Obsidian standard commands.
Possible values for godame: None, Berath, Eothas, Magran, Skaen, Wael.

AssignPaladinOrder charname orderName
Charname should be used like in the IERemove method and not like in Obsidian standard commands.
Possible values for ordername: None, BleakWalkers, DarcozziPaladini, GoldpactKnights, KindWayfarers, ShieldbearersOfStElcga, FrermasMesCancSuolias.

Don't forget someone made a contribution to add FastStealth to IEMod.
Oh... Need to have a look at it, nobody told me anything and I don't check for pull requests cause there's never been any.

Yeah, I find it difficult to continue as well. Maybe I'll restart it on PotD. Thanks for your work so far, I hope we get more mods for this game. I fear it needs them.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Yeah, so this guy made an awesome commit. Going to upload a new version in a minute with the two mods that he included. They can be accessed in Options -> IE Mod.

Last edited:

Redshirt #42

Augur
I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask, but after I installed the latest patch (v530) and the IE Mod for that version, I can't seem to be able to use the console commands. I can open the console with ~ and press Enter to start writing some command but after I press Enter again, it doesn't actually run the command. The window just stays open until I hit Escape.

I tried removing the IE Mod (I replaced Assembly-CSharp.dll with the original version of the file) and the console works normally again. I'm using the Windows version but I read that someone has the same problem on the Linux version too.

The only reason I am using the console regularly to begin with is because of the "Jump" command that requires the IE Mod.

EDIT: Nevermind, I downloaded the newest version of the IE Mod (4.10) and the console works normally again.

Last edited:

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Bester HelmetVisibility true/false doesn't seem to work, the game just doesn't take the command.

mercyRPG

Cipher
Respec and AssignClericalGod charname godName works, dialogue options get unlocked for Durance after respeccing my wizard. Save becomes disabled. I need to travel to another place, before I can save, when I use these console commands.

Jesus, I requested all this, just to find out, what Durance had to say, when I meet the [Magran] requirements, being the gods cleric. It was a disappointment of mediocre writing, just more messed up sentences, from PoE designers.. Hope, Torment will be a lot better, fingers crossed X

The game is underwhelming because of the combat system (XP, level cap) and realization of combat design, tho, making it hard to gather some willingness to continue "adventuring" in PoE. :)

Last edited:

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is there a non-nexus lik for the IE mod? I don't wanna make an account

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom