Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pillars of Eternity Coding/Hacking Thread

Zekzt

Literate
http://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity/mods/19/?

I managed to do it [thanks to people from nexus, Zeee and Arctic12345, who pointed me out in the right direction.

So for any druid fans out there - feel free to try it out [no time on spiritshift during combat]

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I realized I was slicing through enemies cause my Eder became invincible with his 120+ deflection. Bugged shit. He had crazy bonuses to all defenses, to perception and resolve. Just spent 2 hours figuring this out.

Anyway, if you're having similar problems, I wrote a fix for myself, you can use it too if you want. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62420848/ederfix.zip

1) Undress Eder
2) Type FindCharacter Eder, you'll see something like Companion_Eder(Clone)_1
3) Type DD Companion_Eder(Clone)_1 (or whatever it is that you got on the previous line)

It'll only fix all defenses, perception and resolve. I hear some people are having other issues due to double clicking and whatnot - it won't fix those things.

agris it's also got a console command "SetDefaultZoom value".

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
I realized I was slicing through enemies cause my Eder became invincible with his 120+ deflection. Bugged shit. He had crazy bonuses to all defenses, to perception and resolve. Just spent 2 hours figuring this out.

Anyway, if you're having similar problems, I wrote a fix for myself, you can use it too if you want. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62420848/ederfix.zip

1) Undress Eder
2) Type FindCharacter Eder, you'll see something like Companion_Eder(Clone)_1
3) Type DD Companion_Eder(Clone)_1 (or whatever it is that you got on the previous line)

It'll only fix all defenses, perception and resolve. I hear some people are having other issues due to double clicking and whatnot - it won't fix those things.

agris it's also got a console command "SetDefaultZoom value".

Can that fix other characters as well?

Athelas

Arcane

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
But there's a difference between a membrane and the position of the eye.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
4.51 to 4.6
- Memorial entries were exposed for you to rewrite them. If an enthusiast decides to edit them in order to make them more lore-friendly, all he has to do is the following: Type ExtractMemorials in the console. A new file will appear at Managed/iemod/MemorialEntries.xml. You can then edit it. Once you're done, you can then share it with other people and the IEMod will automatically use this file if it's placed in the /iemod/ folder. If you want to remove certain memorial entries, you can just leave their title and/or text empty, the mod will automatically hide the entry in game.
- Fixed a bug: backer npcs weren't always renamed (again...)
- Upon respec, Kana doesn't lose his racial talent.
- Upon respec, Sagani doesn't lose Itumaak even if she respecs into a completely different class. More on that below.
- Upon respec, the Watcher doesn't lose "Speaker to the Restless" ability.
- Added console command: CheckAchievements - this checks whether you have accidentally disabled achievements for this playthrough or not. The only way you could've done it is by typing iroll20s, by the way.
- Added console command: ReenableAchievements - for people who disabled them accidentally.
- Added console command: SetDefaultZoom value. If you
- Console command ForceAA removed, because Obs introduced a slider. Slider's max value is equal to 8 AA, mid value is 4 AA, lowest value is 0 AA.
- Added console command: RemoveAbility name ability. The name to use can be found via FindCharacter as usual. The ability should use underscores instead of spaces, but doesn't have to be complete. For instance if you want to remove "Crucible of the Soul", you can type in Crucible_of_the_Soul or Crucible or Crucible_of_the. For some abilities, instead of using underscores, you'll have to use no characters at all, such as CompanionBearSomething.
- Added console command: RemoveTalent name talent. Same instructions as with RemoveAbility.
- Added console command: SwitchPOTD - changes your game difficulty to Path of the Damned. Or if it's already at POTD, changes it back to Hard.

Now about respecing Sagani.
If you respec her into any other class, no further actions are necessary, you're all good.
However, if you respec her into Ranger, you will be promoted to pick an animal companion by the game. It's just a formality, so pick any. When you're done, Sagani will still keep her Itumaak. However, another action is required now.
You need to type FixSagani id. It's the same id you used in the ChangeClass command.
So if you did ChangeClass Companion_Sagani(Clone)_2 Ranger, now you have to do FixSagani Companion_Sagani(Clone)_2

Respecing Hivarias is still not fixed, because I haven't encountered him yet.

Athelas

Arcane
Thanks Bester.

I would like a mod that keeps Slicken the way it was before. Any chance of it appearing in a future IE mod? It would certainly be more in line with how Grease worked in the IE games. :M

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
4.51 to 4.6
- Memorial entries were exposed for you to rewrite them. If an enthusiast decides to edit them in order to make them more lore-friendly, all he has to do is the following: Type ExtractMemorials in the console. A new file will appear at Managed/iemod/MemorialEntries.xml. You can then edit it. Once you're done, you can then share it with other people and the IEMod will automatically use this file if it's placed in the /iemod/ folder. If you want to remove certain memorial entries, you can just leave their title and/or text empty, the mod will automatically hide the entry in game.
- Fixed a bug: backer npcs weren't always renamed (again...)
- Upon respec, Kana doesn't lose his racial talent.
- Upon respec, Sagani doesn't lose Itumaak even if she respecs into a completely different class. More on that below.
- Upon respec, the Watcher doesn't lose "Speaker to the Restless" ability.
- Added console command: CheckAchievements - this checks whether you have accidentally disabled achievements for this playthrough or not. The only way you could've done it is by typing iroll20s, by the way.
- Added console command: ReenableAchievements - for people who disabled them accidentally.
- Added console command: SetDefaultZoom value. If you
- Console command ForceAA removed, because Obs introduced a slider. Slider's max value is equal to 8 AA, mid value is 4 AA, lowest value is 0 AA.
- Added console command: RemoveAbility name ability. The name to use can be found via FindCharacter as usual. The ability should use underscores instead of spaces, but doesn't have to be complete. For instance if you want to remove "Crucible of the Soul", you can type in Crucible_of_the_Soul or Crucible or Crucible_of_the. For some abilities, instead of using underscores, you'll have to use no characters at all, such as CompanionBearSomething.
- Added console command: RemoveTalent name talent. Same instructions as with RemoveAbility.
- Added console command: SwitchPOTD - changes your game difficulty to Path of the Damned. Or if it's already at POTD, changes it back to Hard.

Now about respecing Sagani.
If you respec her into any other class, no further actions are necessary, you're all good.
However, if you respec her into Ranger, you will be promoted to pick an animal companion by the game. It's just a formality, so pick any. When you're done, Sagani will still keep her Itumaak. However, another action is required now.
You need to type FixSagani id. It's the same id you used in the ChangeClass command.
So if you did ChangeClass Companion_Sagani(Clone)_2 Ranger, now you have to do FixSagani Companion_Sagani(Clone)_2

Respecing Hivarias is still not fixed, because I haven't encountered him yet.

How can I get back Kana's racial trait?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Thanks Bester.

I would like a mod that keeps Slicken the way it was before. Any chance of it appearing in a future IE mod? It would certainly be more in line with how Grease worked in the IE games. :M

Just keeping your old slicken.unity3d file will most likely achieve what you want.

Also, I can't modify assets until the asset editor is fixed. And I'm not sure I can do it myself, it's pretty hard. I may PM someone at Obsidian, maybe they'll help, but I want to finish the game first.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
AddTalent works for talents, yes. You have to preface talents with "tln_"

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Censorship BE GONE mod, two versions one with original limerick only and one with both:

http://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity/mods/28/?

Requires IE Mod 4.6, thanks again Bester.
Well you can't exactly insert an entry.

What happens is this. Each memorial stone has a value "first index" and "last index". So let's say a memorial has "first index" set to 530 and "last index" to 570. This memorial will list 40 entries. Now if you add a NEW entry, it will be added, sure, but the memorial will still display things from 530 through 570. There will be no memorial in game to use the absolute last entry.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/75269-update-93-patch-103-important-community-fixes/
We currently have an issue with adventurer hall-created companions not being able to lockpick on old saves. We are looking to hotfix it, but if you feel this will affect you, you may want to wait on the hotfix.

What? Hotfix? HOTFIX? 6 HOURS OF UPDATING THE MOD DOWN THE FUCKING DRAIN, CAUSE YOU'RE GONNA PATCH THE GAME EVERY FUCKING DAY WITH HOTFIXES? FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK FUCKF UCK FUCK FUCK UFKC UFKXCUJKC FUCKFUCKUFKCUKC

ragetotal.jpg

Oh and nice update by the way:
http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/75263-20-permanent-penalty-to-concentration-after-the-patch/
http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/75207-cant-interact-with-locks-after-patch/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom