Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pillars of Eternity Beta Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Weasel
Productive day for me: 13 bug threads, some with multiple bugs each (particularly character art one) reported in one day, plus couple suggestion threads

:salute: You've put an incredible amount of time and effort into this. Depending on how they're taking all this feedback I guess you'll either end up with a prominent mention in the credits and a job offer from OE... or as a "Calvin Barkmore" equivalent in the game

mutonizer

Arcane
Patron
Productive day for me: 13 bug threads, some with multiple bugs each (particularly character art one) reported in one day, plus couple suggestion threads

Yea nice. I've stopped personally on all these because they're usually obvious enough that they are all already reported by their own QA and I'm not getting paid nor am a backer, so I'll pay full price on release. :)

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
No I go by the replies I get from the QA guys

usually they either say "nice find" or "we were aware of this issue", some of the ones I reported had been sitting there for weeks and when I bumped them they finally saw the thread and added it to their tracker

Also pretty sure there's a lot of threads they haven't checked as well, because I'd bumped month old threads that only just got reported last week.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
God, this game is pretty.
But that UI though. Ugh.

Yep. There are beauty spots. But overall, I never expected the game to reach IE-quality in the painted graphics. Playing it aesthetically feels like IWD meets ToEE, which is not a bad thing. Those are pretty much my two favourite games of all time, graphically speaking. Well, I liked spell effects and such better in the BGs, but you know what I mean.
I'm not sure if we've seen any final versions of spell fx yet.

my only disclaimer to calling this game beautiful is that the characters look very unattractive up close. normally not a problem, but for some reason they choose to put an upscaled character model in center stage in the character creation.
the environments are also very "sharp"-looking, but I'm guessing a simple blur post-processing or maybe some anti-aliasing will sort that.

Branm

Learned
No I go by the replies I get from the QA guys

usually they either say "nice find" or "we were aware of this issue", some of the ones I reported had been sitting there for weeks and when I bumped them they finally saw the thread and added it to their tracker
Also pretty sure there's a lot of threads they haven't checked as well, because I'd bumped month old threads that only just got reported last week.

Eh using a forum is a terrible way to track things though, I can understand why they do it though. The vast majority of bug reports from the average player/backer wont contain much useful info much less steps to reproduce. I'm kind of surprised they don't invite more consistent testers into a more closed environment....Free QA is a pretty awesome thing if you actually utilize it!!

But a forum... that aint gonna do

Metal Hurlant

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
So now it's October, how many Beta updates do you think we'll get before the game is released? If they go the way they've been going with every two or three weeks, I'm expecting another two updates. Maybe mid October and early November and that's it. They might squeeze another beta update out late November but I'm expecting the game to be released around late November/Early December.

I'm also expecting the Mac/Linux betas to be released in October. Expect major butthurt from some of these backers and bug forum swamped with bug reports. Maybe Obsidian needs to create another two bug forums and separate Windows, Mac and Linux bugs. Otherwise the current bug forum will be a mess, especially if no one specifies what operating system they're using.

I was playing the Jagged Alliance: Flashback EA the other day. It has a Bug/Feedback Report Form implemented right into the game. I have no idea if it actually works and but it's a pretty f. neat idea.

jaGj6gU.jpg

E5zvzDA.jpg

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
The save location was changed to a diff folder
I'm not stupid. I'm saying load game doesn't work for me at all. I can start a new game. I can save that game. But I can never load anything.

Made a clean reinstall, rebooted pc, nothing works.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I was playing the Jagged Alliance: Flashback EA the other day. It has a Bug/Feedback Report Form implemented right into the game. I have no idea if it actually works and but it's a pretty f. neat idea.

jaGj6gU.jpg

E5zvzDA.jpg
What an atrocious UI. :troll:

Visperas

Augur

jaGj6gU.jpg

E5zvzDA.jpg

How is it? Is it good? Do we have a thread for this game?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Okay guys I've done a breakdown of all the area files in the game at the moment (and by this I mean that the resources.assets contains some black & white maps for these areas) There are 101 unique ones, and the final tally is supposed to be ~150ish - I have also listed any missing ones I can think of at the bottom of the file

********** WARNING WARNING SPOILERS ABOUT LOTS OF SHIT INCLUDING THEME OF EACH OD NUA LEVEL**********

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
1. Cancel my box-copy order of the game.
2. Pledge the same amount to the nearest Aspergers-foundation, in honor of your actual target audience: people who can be genuinely entertained by simply watching unrelated numbers with no meaning scroll down a list.
3. Post the receipt.

538.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom