Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pillars of Eternity Beta Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Harold

Arcane
I'm certain Sawyer disapproves. Perfect balance would require a blonde, a brunette, a redhead and a tranny (though the blonde does seem to tick that last box as well)

Duraframe300

Arcane
I like how Obsidian felt it necessary to hire booth babes to promote this. Where'd the money come from to pay them? Was it Kickstarter funds, Paradox, or Feargus's own pocket?

Theres now all kinds of Obsidian partys thanks to Shane Defreest.

Speaking of which

10599236_10152216623791370_4187883221887728968_n.jpg

Location of the Pillars of Eternity PAX party.

kris

Arcane
This thread still around? Aces.

I like how Obsidian felt it necessary to hire booth babes to promote this. Where'd the money come from to pay them? Was it Kickstarter funds, Paradox, or Feargus's own pocket? :hmmm:

You make it sounds like this game is purerly for backers and sorerly paid by backers. Backers are just to get the project going and to be able to make it without publishers meddliing. Well, they will have backers meddling, but we know better :proud:

So obviously they will do advertising.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
All this convention stuff is probably paid by Paradox, I think. I know that Deep Silver arranges all that stuff for Wasteland 2.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Okay one more time.
Ehhh, can't seem to find it. Might have confused her.
Nah you were right https://twitter.com/ChrisAvellone/status/487362522685526016

Now we see the favoritism inherent in the industry.

You make it sounds like this game is purerly for backers and sorerly paid by backers. Backers are just to get the project going and to be able to make it without publishers meddliing. Well, they will have backers meddling, but we know better :proud:

I think specifically hiring attractive women to get con-goers to pay attention to your product is ridiculous, s'all.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
You just couldn't keep pretending you weren't reading this thread, could you Roguey? :cool:
I've never read a single post in this thread (other than catching brief glimpses of name-drops through my regular name-searches), nor will I once this discussion is finished.

The joke is that I tried to post this in the other thread and it immediately redirected it to this one.

kris

Arcane

I think specifically hiring attractive women to get con-goers to pay attention to your product is ridiculous, s'all.

For me the entire place is ridculous. I do love that they named the thing "con" though, people should take note.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Well, considering that one of the two is a dude...
You're quite mistaken.
https://www.facebook.com/jessie.pridemore/posts/10151802368327159
Not sure why all of a sudden the questions of the sex I was born has escalated. Personally, I find this question insulting. While I may not be the picture perfect vision on femininity, I LIKE being a tomboy, I would think it fairly obvious what my sex was. Also, if I had gone that far, I would have gotten bigger boobs.

So the short answer is, if you are asking me that question, you are never going to physically find out because asking that question is not attractive. It's like asking me what "makes me a nerd". And no, I'm not sorry that my proverbial dick is larger than yours. If you are that concerned with whether or not I'm trans, I can assure you, I'm not interested in someone so narrow minded.

Totally wish I did have a dick. I'd whip it out in 5 years and teach you all a lesson.
Totally looked like like a ciswoman to me. :smug:

Irrelevant. The question is does it work?
Paradox boasted about the long-lines to play the Pillars demo at PAX on twitter. I doubt it would have been significantly shorter without the women there.

coffeetable

Savant
that said, where's the pic from? they look a lot more like cosplayers than booth babes, but maybe the line's blurred nowadays idk

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
*SPOILER ALERT*

HAHAHA

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ews-and-interviews.93146/page-11#post-3404988

Sensuki said:
I wouldn't be surprised if the IGN chick is doing VO on Eternity too. On her twitter it says aspiring voice actress, and PE will be using those types of actors/actresses due to budget.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxHC8imCwYc

http://www.upload.ee/files/4238418/companion_cv_pallegina_voice_set_0048.ogg.html

That's a match right ?

It is, and it is also some pretty annoying voice acting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom