Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Pillars of Eternity Beta live at Gamescom 2014, Day Three + Wasteland 2 bonus video

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"All this coverage has made me realize there are way too many damn game conventions these days. I feel like these guys spend so much time doing media, how do they get shit done"

Yeah. Obsidian has 100+ employees. they send 2-3 to a convention... so, the others are playing tiddlywinks? FFS

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Oh that's right. I remember Feargus mentioning they bought rights to *something*. Was it Icewind Dale?
Not rights, literal assets. Obsidian bought them years ago. Finally found a way to use them.

... odd thing to buy.

Not really. I would be willing to bet, Obsidian entertained the idea of possibly making an Icewind Dale III. But then they probably thought about it more and decided to make a game using their own IP (instead of having to deal with WotC/HASBRO). And just take a chance on Kickstarter. We are *kind of* getting an Icewind Dale III...... in a way.

I personally would not mind if they did approach WotC and actually decided to do an Actual Icewind Dale III (perhaps using the latest D&D ruleset). As long as they get Justin Sweet to do the avatar art. :M

Leshy

Educated
"All this coverage has made me realize there are way too many damn game conventions these days. I feel like these guys spend so much time doing media, how do they get shit done"

Yeah. Obsidian has 100+ employees. they send 2-3 to a convention... so, the others are playing tiddlywinks? FFS
I don't think there was anyone from Obsidian there. Most probably people from Paradox.

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
Nice, but first i had to finish around 10 other crpgs, will buy it (already have Waste2) and other shit like Witch3, DA:I maybe next year or in 2016 when i will have some time for playing new crpg games.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Nice, but first i had to finish around 10 other crpgs, will buy it (already have Waste2) and other shit like Witch3, DA:I maybe next year or in 2016 when i will have some time for playing new crpg games.

The era of decline has been replaced by the era of tough choices.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom