Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pillars of Eternity Beta Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Renfri

Cipher
So, reviews for this game are going to begin showing up three days before its release.

That's three days for shitty game journos to bash it for being "another Bugsidian disaster" for minor issues and destroy its launch. This game's opening better be tight tight tight.
It is more important the game is not disappointing to people who are waiting for it eagerly - this way Obsidian can always go to KS to fund the sequel. I also believe a favorable review by Angry Joe has more impact on sales these days than mainstream gaming press coverage (and he seems pretty excited). But again - this will only work, if he does end up disappointed (I have no idea in his RPG tastes, apart from 'top 10 reasons why fallout 3 kicks ass' meme).
His favourite game of 2014 was DA:I, but on third spot D:OS.

Source

coffeetable

Savant
So, reviews for this game are going to begin showing up three days before its release.

That's three days for shitty game journos to bash it for being "another Bugsidian disaster" for minor issues and destroy its launch. This game's opening better be tight tight tight.
gotta assume obsidian know this better than anyone + there were reasons that made an early embargo-lift worth the risk

only reaction ive seen from a journo so far is kotaku's news editor
Jason Schreier @jasonschreier · Mar 17
welp I just got Pillars of Eternity in case you're wondering why I'm MIA for the next 72 hours straight

Jason Schreier @jasonschreier · 17h 17 hours ago
Back in the day I'd spend hundreds of hours locked away w/ Baldur's Gate et al... already getting that same itch with Pillars of Eternity

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Bloody Slaughter would be pretty nasty on Druids - cast a debuff AoE and then stack an AoE that targets the same defense on top of it - with those OP damage ranges that's some lmaos to be had right there.

edit: yep

Gqzvr6m.png

jgNbUk1.jpg

yeah, but that still using 2 per rest abilities (spells) for debuff and then attack. I'd rather facehug/instagib people with consistency and without going tired.
But it is a spectacular one-off if you really, really need it.

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Slowed recovery just another reason why 1 tank and 5 ranged is becoming their ideal? Target switching and general movement in combat doesn't look its exactly being encouraged. :?

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
Crooked Bee is there word about what editions will be included in the codex fund and when the keys will be flowing in? else i have to buy the retail box on top on release day to get my poe fix.

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Bloody Slaughter would be pretty nasty on Druids - cast a debuff AoE and then stack an AoE that targets the same defense on top of it - with those OP damage ranges that's some lmaos to be had right there.

yeah, but that still using 2 per rest abilities (spells) for debuff and then attack. I'd rather facehug/instagib people with consistency and without going tired.
But it is a spectacular one-off if you really, really need it.

What's the debuff spell?

Deleted member 7219

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/71253-tiers-to-skus/

Fucking Australian internet :negative:

You can certainly make things more difficult for yourself - I recommend spreading your attributes around and making an unfocused build, then it will be more difficult for ya

Thanks for updating us on the tier / retail edition comparison. I'm on the $50 digital tier but I'm getting the hardcover guide from Amazon so I'm pretty much all set.

By the way Sensuki, you've been a bro throughout this whole thing and deserve a custom tag or something.

aeonsim

Augur

Gqzvr6m.png

jgNbUk1.jpg

It does seem rather awesome though there is no notification in the log as far as I can tell? I've just tried a Wizard build designed to maximise Crits (Eldritch Aim +30 ACC + Merciless Gaze or the Priests AoE Equivalent, 20% Hit to Crit) with Savage assault and was getting Fan of Flames with 90-117Dmg on 6 different enemies at once but while I can see the comments about the Hits -> Crits in the calculations I never saw any mention of Savage assault bonus Crit damage, though considering the damage was much higher I assume it was there. Also Arcane assult was hitting for between 25-36 RAW damage on Crits (90% Crits)

It's rather awesome my Path of the Damned test party of:
Orlan Wizard with Savage Assault using Eldritch Aim + Merciless gaze and fan of flames, fireball and noxious burst
BB Fighter
BB Priest using - her AoE Hit -> Crit spell
Orlan - Rogue, all hits to Crit talents + Savage assault (talents + spell was giving 30-40% Hit to Crit conversion)
Orlan - Barbarian - Savage Assault + Carnage talents
Death Godlike - Ranger with Hunting bow Savage assault and the Aim talents (was hitting for 30-40DMG per shot with a Hunting Bow!)

Wiped Merdeth, the first two groups of beatles, all the wolves and the external spiders with out having to rest and only mucking about not really paying attention to the combat, that's pretty decent on Path of the Damned!

ArchAngel

Arcane
So this game is also about maximizing critical hit output? Obsidian learned nothing from NWN2? :/ :/ (and NWN1 before it)

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ok guys. I found this on Steam moment ago.
  • MINIMUM:
  • Processor: Intel Core i3-2100T @ 2.50 GHz / AMD Phenom II X3 B73
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4850 or NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
  • Hard Drive: 20 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-2400 @ 3.10 GHz / AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Radeon HD 7700 or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570

8 GB of RAM? Haha, nope.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Ok guys. I found this on Steam moment ago.
  • MINIMUM:
  • Processor: Intel Core i3-2100T @ 2.50 GHz / AMD Phenom II X3 B73
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4850 or NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-2400 @ 3.10 GHz / AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Radeon HD 7700 or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570

8 GB of RAM? Haha, nope.
Unity is a shitty engine. News at 11.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
As somebody with a 7 year old computer with 4 GB RAM, I see nothing wrong with that

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Huh, I thought there were multiple renders for multiple resolutions? Did I rememember that wrong, or was something changed?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom