Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Found my first bug already

When the pirates in the intro attack you, I didn't even kill anybody before the cut scene started and it all ended... wtf lol :D

Never understood people who play RPGs on the release day. This stopped being advisable in around 2007.
Says the guy who arguably started KCD a little before it finished downloading :lol:

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I saw Deadfire at first place for a brief while. I haven't been monitoring all day long of course.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Found my first bug already

When the pirates in the intro attack you, I didn't even kill anybody before the cut scene started and it all ended... wtf lol :D

Never understood people who play RPGs on the release day. This stopped being advisable in around 2007.
Says the guy who arguably started KCD a little before it finished downloading :lol:

Yes, started. But only the prologue and a bit more, to see what's what. The entire game is still waiting for me.

Quillon

Arcane
How iz da game guyz? Took almost 1 hour to decrypt, have been defragmenting since, fooking OCD :P

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Patron
The game is 40 GB installed, not 45 like some people said. BTW, if a cracker group rips the VO, it will be great :D

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
So are GOG and Steam lying, or is this game really selling like shit?

2nd place now, it was a glitch: https://store.steampowered.com/search/?os=win&filter=globaltopsellers

From what I've seen that brief glitch (disappearing from the chart entirely) always happens when a game's release state changed.

2nd place now, it was a glitch: https://store.steampowered.com/search/?os=win&filter=globaltopsellers

Did any releases dethrone PUBG?

I remember Dream Daddy and D:OS 2 did that briefly.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Did any releases dethrone PUBG?

Releases regularly dethrone PUBG but only for a short while. IIRC recently Kingdom Come and Subnautica took the first place for a few days, Frostpunk was first for a day or so too.

EDIT: Deadfire back in the second place (I knew it was there yesterday, must've been a glitch).
Ninjad.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
so John Walker doesn't like that POE2 is not as linear and "story-driven" as the first one... lmao

I think at this point how you receive the game will very much be determined by what you love most about this old-school model of RPG. If you play for the tight stories, propelled down a main quest by an urge to save the day, torn away to side quests because of the personalities of your adored gang, then PoE1 met your needs splendidly. If, however, you prefer to amble, to get lost down a quest line completely separate to the main reason you’re there, to get embroiled in the politics and matters of new communities and peoples, to pick and choose and just occasionally get back to the main quest as and when, the PoE2 has this in spades.
:lol:

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Quillon

When u defrag what method do u use.... ???? By filename? Also can u explain zones to me I don't know how to use google

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
I'm going in nimrods, I'll come back later to complain about everything as usual, stay tuned.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Last edited:

Quillon

Arcane
Quillon

When u defrag what method do u use.... ???? By filename? Also can u explain zones to me I don't know how to use google

I use smart defrag OCDfied: First I use large file defrag then free space defrag then fast defrag then defrag & optimize then go into the game, after the first session I use defrag & prioritize(slowest) and click on shutdown when finished and go to bed :P

Defragting & optimizing atm.

About zones; depends on the kind of zone. Yes.

Jezal_k23

why was my post about nLite and defragging moved? I don't care I just find it weird.

Because the tyranny of the mods has begun.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom