Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I'd think being able to eloquently express your opinion on a subject is an ideal thing on a forum. You know, the reason they exist.

You're moving the goalposts here. My point was that what is "eloquent" and whatnot changes over the years. That directly involves the very evolutionary aspect of language I was discussing. In a business or educational setting you do want to use some established rules to show competence, but a colloquial setting like this one is ideal for ever-changing aspects of English (slang, metaphor, new words, etc.).

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Garmmar and seplling are a soical cosnstrut enfocred by the opprsesive partiacrhy.

You kid, but honestly the "rules" of English are fake constructs focused on by people who don't realize languages are constantly evolving and the rules mean nothing.
Wow dude you're so much cleverer than people who don't stand outside the current of linguistic development and examine it from the outside. Maybe you should use shakespearean english just to show how above the moment you are, you fucking Communist!!!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Garmmar and seplling are a soical cosnstrut enfocred by the opprsesive partiacrhy.
You kid, but honestly the "rules" of English are fake constructs focused on by people who don't realize languages are constantly evolving and the rules mean nothing.
Wow sir thou art so much cleverer than people whom do not stand without the current of linguistic development and examine it from the without. Haply thou should'st use shakespearean english just to discover how above the instant thou are, thou fucking communist!!!
I fix it for you mate.

Shadenuat

Arcane
PoE really holds some strange power as it is even able to degenerate codexian minds into a state of fruit pudding

Play some good games ppl. PoE ultimately is grasping to a straw phenomenon. Even people who like it don't truly like it, it's more like a sublimation for an rpg

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
PoE really holds some strange power as it is even able to degenerate codexian minds into a state of fruit pudding

Play some good games ppl. PoE ultimately is grasping to a straw phenomenon. Even people who like it don't truly like it, it's more like a sublimation for an rpg
Get on with the times old man,this thread is about grammar,literature and linguistic development. Don't know what this PoE that you are talking about is.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Did anyone notice, or am I wrong, that they changed slightly resists on enemies in the first dungeon for example? I think before all skeletons there were immune to piercing, now they just have very high pierce AR (12 to be exact), although some are immune.

I wonder if eventually SOMEONE would see so there are no too punishing immunities in the game?
I just
wonder

Fire nagas at least those I tested also heal from fire, but it's messed up. Before patch I believe you indeed could harm them with fire. Now they yes feature 3 fire AR but they heal from fire. However, say you crit them for 200 fire damage. They will heal for 60. And not take any damage. But game log would still state they actually took 200 damage. It's like they couldn't figure out how to make this ability work exactly, at least together with the combat log.
I am also not sure if all the nagas were fixed. But at least those where Nemnok is were.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Did anyone notice, or am I wrong, that they changed slightly resists on enemies in the first dungeon for example? I think before all skeletons there were immune to piercing, now they just have very high pierce AR (12 to be exact), although some are immune.

Skellingtons in first dunjin were immune, yep.

Hilarious.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
Portrait_vatnir_lg.png

:timetoburn:

jf8350143

Liturgist
Someone at the Obsidian's official forum found some of the upcoming Margran's Fire challenge info:

Challenge The Gods: Complete the game with a God Challenge enabled. (5 new game points)

Challenge The Pantheon: Complete the game with all God Challenges enabled. (10 new game points)

Diplomat: Complete the game without killing any kith. (5 new game points)

Expert Mode: Complete the game on Expert Mode. (2 new game points)

Holy Crown: Complete the game on Expert, Trial of Iron, and Path of the Damned with all God Challenges enabled. (20 new game points)

Holy Crown Solo: Complete the game on Expert, Trial of Iron, and Path of the Damned with all God Challenges enabled while not taking any Companions. (20 new game points)

Naked Run: Complete the game without wearing any armor, boots, gloves, helmets, or accessories in combat. (5 new game points)
No Rest for the Pro: Complete the game with fewer than 10 rests. (5 new game points)
Path of the Damned: Complete the game on Path of the Damned Mode. (5 new game points)
Trial of Iron: Complete the game on Trial of Iron Mode. 5 new game points)
Triple Crown: Complete the game on Expert, Trial of Iron, and Path of the Damned modes. (10 new game points)
Triple Crown Solo: Complete the game on Expert, Trial of Iron, and Path of the Damned modes while not taking any new companions. (10 new game points)
Zero Knockouts: Complete the game without any party members falling unconscious during combat. (5 new game points)

Seems like no achievement for "finish the game on Expert, Trial of Iron, and Path of the Damned modes while not taking any new companions and without wearing any armor, boots, gloves, helmets, or accessories in combat." though.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Holy shit, how is this possible?
I think there two ways to achive such outcome:
1) You can choose Wheel in dialogue with Berath
2) There multiple quests with solutions without fights with kith (sentient species) and shitload fights with monsters and undead. So leveling will cause no problem. You can reach Ukaizo without support of any fraction.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Holy shit, how is this possible?
I think there two ways to achive such outcome:
1) You can choose Wheel in dialogue with Berath
2) There multiple quests with solutions without fights with kith (sentient species) and shitload fights with monsters and undead. So leveling will cause no problem. You can reach Ukaizo without support of any fraction.

Isn't one of the factions will tries to stop you after you reach Ukaizo? How can you avoid that fight?

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
How avoid the fight on your ship, right at the start?

Ok, of course its doable, but... holy christ!

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Isn't one of the factions will tries to stop you after you reach Ukaizo? How can you avoid that fight?
Hmm, I forgot about that, because I sided with Valiian republic. But I guess there should be a way.
How avoid the fight on your ship, right at the start?

Ok, of course its doable, but... holy christ!
I think this applying to your character and party members, your crew is not your party members in this fight, they just friendly npc. So you have to running around ship and heal your crew (if you want them survive ofc) or just being knocked out quckly, as
Cyberarmy suggest.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
If they haven't made a forcefield around the "final boss" the game could be completed in half an hour and getting most of the achievements.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom