Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Pff, nothing can beat my own home-made fan art -

asYs7XG.jpg

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Also, Shattered Pillar Monk+Transmuter Wizard in Ogre form is just absolute lols.

23 Might at level 1 and unarmed non-critical hits doing 20-30 damage and it's only continue to scale up with levels.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Storyfags, the cancer of the video game industry. People who would rather read novels and/or watch movies and tv series, but for some odd reason want to play video games instead. I suppose the reason is twofold, for one, most of those were kids/teens when they first played RPGs so they got influenced a lot by romances/stories there and since they had no other frame of reference they think that is the perfect way to tell a story, and secondly, there is the power fantasy element involved that lets them feel they are better than they are in the real world, and that stuff they can't take from other forms of storytelling. So yeah you may be a pimplefaced nerd with no social life, no skill, no money, dungeon crawling in your mom's basement, but sure, you are saving the world for the 5000th time AND you get a legion of hot chicks because you are so awesome. LOL.

This cancer has come to the point where people don't even understand what an RPG is anymore, and they think that the only thing that makes an RPG is the epic story with fluff dialogue choices and ridiculous fan fiction romances. I have witnessed tons of negative reviews on perfectly fine games because "the story wasn't good" (meaning "i didn't feel like a badass in this game") and have witnessed tons of hype on garbage games because they had a good story and fleshed out characters.

And since those people are a large chunk of the market, and have money to spend, RPGs have seriously declined in order to appease them.

In Obsidian's case, i think the problem lies with the engine. In Bioware games, there is a full 3D "cinematic" camera where you can watch nicely detailed models speaking and stuff (or perhaps stare for hours at Miranda's ass). That way, romances feel more real because you can perceive the characters as something more than tiny sprites on an isometric engine. You know you want to romance Miranda because look at dat ass brah! You can't do that in isometric games, so i suppose romances feel more superficial. I doubt most storyfags would actually care about quality writting since they eat Bioware shite for breakfast anyway.

100% agreed

Last edited:

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Also, Shattered Pillar Monk+Transmuter Wizard in Ogre form is just absolute lols.

23 Might at level 1 and unarmed non-critical hits doing 20-30 damage and it's only continue to scale up with levels.

Fuck me, there are so many cool build options in Deadfire, it’s such a shame that they didn’t give you much reason to make a powerful character. I put my playthrough on hold until they patch the difficulty. My Paladin/Soulblade-Cipher is a killing machine. Alternating between FoD for nearly guaranteed hits and then soul Annihilation, dumping all of your focus into a massive raw damage boosted attack, is just brutal. And I even gimped my watcher by trying to optimize him for dialogue.

...that picture of Maia made me a bit more enthusiastic about the romances.

damager

Arbiter
pbO0Ta9.jpg

This is the third time in the introduction he pulls this gay shit on me, without an option to tell him to fuck off. Who wrote this disgusting shit? Some faggots at Obsidion clearly masturbate their AIDS ridden assholes with a big fat vibrator at night.

Last edited:

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
There aren't enough fuck off responses in this game compare to first. Josh said in stream they'll add more dialogue lines though. I would say this early june patch will be their last chance to salvage this dumpsterfire's reception.

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
therefore there's no lore reason in the game for people to starve :lol: Just stop it already, you're killing me with your parody of a thinking human being.
No, there is no actual reason for that empty superficial assertion made for a dumb cheap fetch quest presented in the whole game, while every bit of the setting and gameplay we experience speaks directly against it.

You're not talking about water. Except water is all you've been talking about, you shit spewing imbecile.
No, we were talking about the sea, which is not water, but of course you dont know that because you are an ignorant cretin. And the actual shit spewing imbecile.
No, seriously, the sea isnt water.

And thats just one small example of how much you dont know.

Ofc, if you've got arable land (however much) AND sea, surely then people will always be swimming in food?!?!
Strawman - again. Nobody said anything about swimming in food you pathetic moron. I would ask you if you are capable of coming up with an actual argument that is not an idiotic fallacy, but you obviously cannot.

Your intentionally vague bullshit can't mask your retardation, I'm afraid. Demonstrate how it's impossible for people to starve at the seaside, that's what this argument was about.
I already did, its just you are too stupid and ignorant to accept that. And you havent demonstrated how your moronic dumb claims could be true at all.
You just repeatedly proved what a ludicrous dumbfuck you are. And you are doing it again.

I'll have to explain this again due to your severe autism: this is not even about the whole society going extinct.
Another strawman. I guess a part of your brain sees how stupid and incapable of coming up with actual arguments you are so it just shits fallacies in complete panic.

This is about certain individuals being kept short of food at times. This could very well be due to, let's say, inequalities when it comes to food.
Its not about certain individuals, its about a whole sub-class of people who are apparently left to starve whenever there is a problem.

- which is stupid, since they live on a fucking archipelago with hundreds of islands and a decent amount of land to grow food on, which is coveted by Rautai for that specific reason.

You said there's no need for combustion engines when you've got magic. Now you pathetic moron are changing the goalposts to storms.
No imbecile... you cant even follow your own idotic broken logic across three posts for fuck sake...

You threw in the "issue" of lack of modern engines as a "reason" why they supposedly cannot fish (after the two man canoes brainfart) while "all those storms are raging"... lol... while forgetting there is plenty of magic in the setting, and a magic specifically able to calm storms and guide ships on currents, etc. NOT that the storms are of single intensity or that they last for months and months. (Ever heard about Caribbeans? Look into it.)

'I can calm da storms!' For how long exactly, and is that going to instantly make sea dwelling animals reassume the place they occupied before the storm?
This is exactly why one should not try to argue about something they dont know even the most basic and obvious things about. Yet your moronic ego is just pushing you into spewing more and more ludicrous nonsense.

You are doing it to yourself.

The "sea dwelling - haha - ... animals" dont go fucking anywhere while there is a storm.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
This is the third time in the introduction he pulls this gay shit on me, without an option to tell him to fuck off. Who wrote this disgusting shit? Some faggots at Obsidion clearly masturbate their AIDS ridden asshole with a big fat vibrator at night.
I agree this is bad introduction of character, but isn't it first time when he pull gay shit? I mean previous lines during introduction was about his ego.
There aren't enough fuck off responses in this game compare to first. Josh said in stream they'll add more dialogue lines though. I would say this early june patch will be their last chance to salvage this dumpsterfire's reception.
It would be nice if they would hide romancing options as deep as possible, because it's just stupid and annoying when during first dialogue with zero reputation someone trying romance you or you given choice to romance someone like they prostitutes or something.

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
No, he is just coming onto you in the first encounter. Just like several other characters.

Nothing gay about it, its more like nymphomaniac pansexualism. Which is better...

- extreme sarcasm here -

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I guess you would guess it out only after waiting to be hit over the head with a fish dong.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom