Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Perkel

Arcane
badler I don't want to scare you but if you will use Tyrrany style portraits instead 2D ones...
Nothing to worry about on that end.

Goooood.

Since we are talking about portraits... I hope you will do more than 4-5 NEW per race.
You know you still can use amazing talent of Jaceface:

female_godlike_death_b_visor_lg.png
male_godlike_death_horned_lg.png
male_godlike_fire_b1_stumps_lg.png

Perkel

Arcane
Wouldn't it be neat if during a rainstorm, a Fire God-like caught in the rain would have steam being released as the water drops hit them?

That would be neat. Someone tell badler to make Jabby make that happen.

PoE slips into 2019.

Wait but who's the Systems Designer? Is it Bobby, or is it still Josh + Tim Cain?

You are like trying to mix fire and water here.

Last edited:
Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Will Justin Bell compose the music again? I hope so, the score was great! Just listening to the Conan inspired main theme gives me goose bumbs. I actually want everyone who worked on the first game to be onboard again!

Arulan

Cipher
It looks like that Angler-fish has the symbol for Eothas on its head. Perhaps that's how Eothas is represented in this culture? The light in the dark abyss of the sea.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
It looks like that Angler-fish has the symbol for Eothas on its head. Perhaps that's how Eothas is represented in this culture? The light in the dark abyss of the sea.

Haven't seen this one myself either. Also looks kind of like a fertility idol too.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Someone please make a fake tweet saying that Tyranny is on the same planet that PoE, but in the past.

:backawayslowly:

Delterius

Arcane
Seems like the Dwdfyrans are a wise culture to represent the Light of Eothas as the machinations of an unholy abomination from the dephts of the ocean. Fooling its followers as it spreads evil, suffering and war across the realm.

Artyoan

Arbiter
First impression is great. Especially the character design looking outstanding.

5 party members hurts though. Doesn't kill my interest but that feels too low. Now I get less constant companions and less use of classes. Took me a while to figure out what I wanted to do with six options.

At least Eothas' eruption from the stronghold can explain, in my mind, why none of my custom companions remain. They didn't survive.

Mazisky

Magister
Can someone explain to me how this works? I mean, when they will reveal the stretch goals, they must be funded within the 30 ( cd already started) days to be effective?

Fairfax

Arcane
Can someone explain to me how this works? I mean, when they will reveal the stretch goals, they must be funded within the 30 ( cd already started) days to be effective?
Since it's their first Fig campaign, they'll probably wait for the first 24 hours of funding to set realistic goals. If they set the bar too high, people won't back or upgrade pledges because they're too far, and in the end the campaign will look like a major failure.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
badler will there be collectors boxes for sale after the fig campaign?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom