Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Delterius

Arcane
jvBMlZd.png

Fry

Arcane
Being full time doesn't mean they can't loan him out, but he's probably busy with WL3

Really exited about this! The best part are the short loading times and the fact that NPC's have schedule, also weather, also the fact that Cead Nua is the centre of main plot. Bet no one expected that! This will be the greatest game of all time!

Last edited:

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
I asked about who's on from the original team. (specifically if Tim Cain is on - no response to that)

Feargus clarifies about Fenstermaker:

The one big change is that our Lead Writer, Eric Fenstermaker, left to go be a proud dad. He might be playing a guest role though, but that's not definite.

(Guess some names won't even be mentioned.)

Sentinel

Arcane
Interesting. Sawyer stepped down as Lead Designer.
Pretty sure it's a typo. Bobby Null is Lead Level Designer, same as PoE1.

Pretty sure Josh is Project Director and Bobby is Lead Designer.
Wait but who's the Systems Designer? Is it Bobby, or is it still Josh + Tim Cain?
Also kinda weird that Bobby is the lead designer but Josh is the one always answering questions about design and how things are gonna play out.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I asked about who's on from the original team. (specifically if Tim Cain is on - no response to that)

Makes sense there's no response, since Tim Cain's game is a secret. Of course Tim won't be involved with this.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
There may be another certain freelance writer coming on board too, but I don't have details...

:ziets:?

(he's probably talking about Eric Fenstermaker)
Someone with the handle /u/ObsidianEric has been fielding questions on Reddit :M although it's a different account than Fenstermaker used for the AMA...
I'm guessing that's Eric Neigher, the Director of Marketing

Fairfax

Arcane
OIXctsT.png

Interesting that they haven't filed the investment yet. That means no investor materials with all the fine details for now. :M

(I didn't actually "reserve" anything, that's just a form anybody can fill)

Quillon

Arcane
also the fac that Cad Nua is the centre of msin plot. Bet no one expected that!

That would have been good when it wasn't completely and utterly destroyed. Well, there'll be an island-hold anyway and/or ship-ronghold.

Prolly you mean Od Nua tho :D

Last edited:

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Hah, it's Od Nua, right? It's called "Odd Nua statue" in the Fig infographics. :)) Odd indeed.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The statue is of Maros, the son of Od Nua. (although I'm not sure if that's actually how he looked like or an idealized representation)

Rev

Arcane
I liked PoE, TWM was great, so I'll definetely pledge to this. Can't wait to see more of the new features.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
The Tumblring begins: http://jesawyer.tumblr.com/post/156411333161/how-does-the-content-streaming-work-how-does-one

How does the content streaming work? How does one achieve content streaming with what are essentially huge hand painted 2D backgrounds? This is one of the things that got me scratching my head and I'm curious to hear even a basic explanation of how this was done.

It’s important to think of a game level as being much more than just the environment art (2D or otherwise) in it. That said, our backgrounds (both in PoE and Deadfire) are actually chopped up into tiles that are loaded and stitched together at runtime. It is similar (but by no means identical) to how Infinity Engine maps were sliced up into hundreds of 64x64 8-bit tiles.

I believe Roby Atadero and Adam Brennecke both worked on our streaming system, so hopefully they can give more details in the near future.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom