Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

2house2fly

Magister
Oh ok. Kinda weird that he chooses to hijack THAT one in particular, but alright. Hope they explain it.
why didn't he hijack one of the other godzilla-sized statues

Turjan

Arcane
I'm curious how they will balance multi-classing. It usually creates lots of exploitable loopholes. With casters, it's also difficult to do right.

remove most important skills on 1st level for multiclasses or increase level to get them.
Instead of getting sneak attack at lvl 1 you get it at min at level 2

This would avoid D&D problem where you have 4 classes characters with lvl 20 in two classes and two lvl1 classes.
Multi-classing or dual-classing in ToB worked, because the single classes were mostly at the end of their power curves. Casters usually lose too much power from multi-classing otherwise.

Then again, we will be at similar levels in PoE2. Or won't we?

Perkel

Arcane
I'm curious how they will balance multi-classing. It usually creates lots of exploitable loopholes. With casters, it's also difficult to do right.

remove most important skills on 1st level for multiclasses or increase level to get them.
Instead of getting sneak attack at lvl 1 you get it at min at level 2

This would avoid D&D problem where you have 4 classes characters with lvl 20 in two classes and two lvl1 classes.
Multi-classing or dual-classing in BG2 worked, because the single classes were mostly at the end of their power curves. Casters usually lose too much power from multi-classing otherwise.

It worked because mutlti and dual classing had actual proper negatives you gained with bonuses.

Like when you multi classed to thief you could no longer use proper armor. Or if you wanted dual-class you started from 0 with that character.

Dual classing was kind of dumb but multiclassing worked because of this fine.

Parabalus

Arcane
Have faith in Sawyer brothers, he will bestow upon us multi classing like never before!

Sentinel

Arcane
Have faith in Sawyer brothers, he will bestow upon us multi classing like never before!
latest

Fry

Arcane
Is Vegas booking odds on the number of Codex reviews yet?

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
"In addition to localizing the game in both French and German languages, funding this campaign allows us to include multiclassing. This would offer players and companions alike the chance to branch their available skills over time, opening the way for more opportunities for the role-playing and customization that our fans deserve. Choice, as ever, is vital to the experience of role-playing games. By taking levels in multiple classes, your characters will be able to evolve in new and unique ways. "
Wizard/Priest soon....
maxresdefault.jpg

Priest/Ciper for good RP?

Perkel

Arcane
300k in 2 hours 8 minutes. Good pace. It slowed down but still better than PoE1 kickstarter.
I wonder what it will be in stretch goals.

I would love to see stretch goals entirely focused on additional content (to drive it toward that BG2 line).

Like:
Steachgoal 1:
- New city: XYZ
S2:
- Temple of Elemental Evil on xyz island
S3:
- 2 new companions

and so on

Ent

Savant
I am hoping multiclassing is a bit more then just the choice of taking a level in a certain class after you get enough exp but honestly I don't see how else they would do it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
300k in 2 hours 8 minutes. Good pace. It slowed down but still better than PoE1 kickstarter.
I wonder what it will be in stretch goals.

I would love to see stretch goals entirely focused on additional content (to drive it toward that BG2 line).

Like:
Steachgoal 1:
- New city: XYZ
S2:
- Temple of Elemental Evil on xyz island
S3:
- 2 new companions

and so on

It's not going to do as well as the PoE1 Kickstarter.

Interesting that unlike Wasteland 3, they chose not to give investors a head start. Current breakdown:

gxxgMWU.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom