Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Piles of Edérnity Supershort SuperHotShot SupeReview (tm)

Ayreos

Augur
No need to think too hard (or at all) about this one.

Graphics:
"Who needs innovation when you can increase resolution?! Incrolution! It's the future!" -Enthusiastic industry veteran on Gamasutra.

Soundtrack:
"Best one-trick-pony i've Edér seen. And i have no eyes." -Obligatory 'Death Godlike' protagonist. (Possibly named Brock.)

Voice Acting:
"Players find voice-overs that suddenly stop during conversation jarring? No problem, I totally got this." -Bethesda dev, 2006.

Combat Mechanics:
"A Baldur's Gate style combat that is almost, but not quite, entirely unlike Dungeons and Dragons' combat." -Common google search result for "RPG Codex wet dreams".

Puzzles:
"Leave that to the intern. Fuck." -[Redacted]

Plot and writing:
"He sees dead people." He says before proceeding to stare at you intently, his nostrils inflating and deflating gently. -Bruce Willis.

Developer Commentary:
"We need more interns, fuck. Just get someone over from marketing. We can call him 'Junior Designer' or some other shit and make him read our ads in the game!" -Someone at Valve, arguably moments before being told to vacate his desk.

Dungeons:
Skyrim improved on previous installments ten, no, a thousand-fold! It has the improved Radiant Quest system from Oblivion, after all. -Todd *oward

Edér:
"Homos are 100% bro-tier. I wish i were one." -Random Neogaf thread. (No kidding.)

Conclusion(s):
Welcome to the quaint, cyclical historical-aesthetic-social period in which something mediocre is hailed as a Messiah much more than something superb would ever be. It's called decadence and it can last centuries. "Blood that stays still too long festers." -A nihilist

(Also, Obsidian has never made anything of value if you exclude authorized fanfics with a bland RPG wrapper. Why does it have a subforum on Codex again? What? Could it be it's because that is the extent of Codex' understanding of videogames as a genre?)

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
:2/5: would snicker soundlessly at this again:

Puzzles:
"Leave that to the intern. Fuck." -[Redacted]

Plot and writing:

"He sees dead people." He says before proceeding to stare at you intently, his nostrils inflating and deflating gently. -Bruce Willis.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I am amused by the fact that most of OP's posts until now are in the JRPG forum

Aenra

that's nothing to be amused by
especially when counting posters of (past) note that have also come to frequent said subtopic..

anyway, i smiled :)
dpepending on how long it took him to write this, he could have a bright future ahead of him ^^

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom