Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Physical Box Thread

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Just got it in the mail.

B6AgMneCEAAoVnq.jpg

:russia::russia::russia::russia:

Last edited:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
tinbox is fucking bullshit.

i wanted a physical box, e.g. a real cardboard thingy to fit in my collection. that's the reason why i backed for a physical copy in the first place.

and i get a cheap fucking martha stewart box.

if i knew, i'd lower or cancel my pladge.

what a fucking scam.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
The normal box was at a cheaper tier, but you didn't get the miniature and badge.

Of course, nobody said anything about how the boxes will look like. inXile are serious about choices and consequences.

Cazzeris

Yeah, I'm pissed off too. I even asked on the inXile forums if I could pay a bit more to get a regular KS box (which isn't an old-school sized box neither, but at least is prettier and it's made of cardboard), and the answer was no.

I don't know what were they thinking about when they decided to produce design this crap, specially since cardboard is probably cheaper than metal. Maybe, in the future; inXile will come with a "meh" solution.

Athelas

Arcane
I don't know what were they thinking about when they decided to produce this crap
It may have something to do with the fact that InXile didn't produce anything.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's pretty typical for the really expensive Collector's Editions of games to come in an unusually-shaped container these days, eg:

acb_le_gs.jpg

I guess what RPGers had in mind is something more akin to the "big box" versions of early 2000s RPGs like Icewind Dale 2 and TToEE.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
there's a big difference between a square/big shaped box, and a fucking tin lunchbox with a stupid handle.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Also:

1. inXile had no actual reason to do that
2. Those are made to be sold. The ones for W2 were already sold and payed for.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if someone whether from inXile or DeepSilver went "hurrrrrr those gaemers will surely leik metal boxes cuz they r kool" and we got this.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So your main problem is that its made out of metal, and not the actual shape of the thing? Uh, okay. I thought it was just an issue of it not fitting on the shelf in between your other boxes.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I'm not sure if you're talking to me or Zed, but the problem is the whole thing. It's retarded that it's made of metal, the shape is shit, looks nothing like a "classic" box and so it doesn't fit anywhere except maybe in the kitchen.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
So your main problem is that its made out of metal, and not the actual shape of the thing? Uh, okay. I thought it was just an issue of it not fitting on the shelf in between your other boxes.
it looks like a lunchbox. how does that fit on a game shelf?
^ that's my problem.
no point in a collectible if it doesn't fit with your collection.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
InXile's games hide in METAL BOXES! The fools! The Cowards! :lol:

Would also prefer a regular old-school box. Thinking of going full HUEHUE and selling mine sealed for tons of monis here in Brazil, then using part of the moni to buy a low tier boxed set.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Nothing yet. Took more than 4 months for D:OS box to arrive, and Larian sent the wrong one on top. Thirdworldian life FTW.

Elthosian

Arcane
Nothing yet. Took more than 4 months for D:OS box to arrive, and Larian sent the wrong one on top. Thirdworldian life FTW.

Damn, living in Colombia I got it just a few days ago, tho I did have to make use of a third party mailer that received the game at USA and brought to my door, cost me a few extra bucks than the international shipping option offered by inXile but added security was nice, specially since they gave no tracking numbers.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I don't think I backed Divinity for a box. I did for PoE though -- another Collector's Edition. Uhrgh. It will probably arrive as a fucking fruit basket or something.

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
Ah shit, I'm getting the tin box as well. That'll learn ya!

Last edited:

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
I really don't see how a minitature and a badge skyrocket the price to 150$, thought I would receive something decent when I was backing.

Btw, I still don't have my CE box:decline:

otsego

Cipher
The tin box collector's is pretty meh but I'm still happy for having supporting the crew and bringing back/encouraging W2 and the future works. With that said, I bet they'lll leave from this Deep Silver and lame collectors fiasco and deliver something satisfying for the Torment rewards.

I went for the 'large box AND collectors box' tier so I still got a satisfying shelf mount. I really was expecting a more sturdy, larger, impressive boxed copy though for the collectors edition.

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
I went for the 'large box AND collectors box' tier so I still got a satisfying shelf mount. I really was expecting a more sturdy, larger, impressive boxed copy though for the collectors edition.

Was that the $250 tier?

otsego

Cipher
Was that the $250 tier?

As SniperHF replied above, it was indeed a $150 option (the one I chose) as well as a $250 option. Instead of a large box copy I could have gotten a T-Shirt, but screw that, I'm a sucker for things I can put on the shelf, not hang in the closet :)

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
They offered to send me the shirt, but I didn't reply because the shirt was ugly, so I hope that means I get the cardboard box and the tin can. Oh well, can't change it now.

Last edited:

otsego

Cipher
They offered to send me the shirt, but I didn't reply because the shirt was ugly, so I hope that means I get the cardboard box and the tin can. Oh well, can't change it now.
If you paid the $150, I'd consider looking into it! I haven't even ripped it out of its plastic wrap yet, but its the same shape as the Fallout 1 box (long lengthwise rather than heightwise like regular old school boxes).

I got all of my goodies out of the tin lunch box collectors edition so I don't feel the need to break the seal on the regular box yet ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom