Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Physical Box Thread

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't think the disc is DRM free?

Physical copies will be shipped out to the address you listed on the Ranger Center. All physical copies – retail and backers – will need the ability for a day 1 patch system. By the time physical copies arrive to backers the gold master version we sent out for print will be a month and a half old, and will be missing vital optimization and balance passes, as well as systemic changes like the addition of headshots that we recently put in. We need to ensure that our players are experiencing the most up to date code, so we will be utilizing the automatic updating system that Steam provides for physical copies.

Every physical copy tier comes with a digital version of the game also, where you can pick the fully DRM-free GOG.com or Steam. If you prefer a fully DRM-free physical copy we will be willing to print and ship a day-1 version of the game to you at a later time, simply contact us through the Ranger Center if this has your preference.

SniperHF

Arcane
The standard disc is not. You had to request a super special DRM-Free disc.

SniperHF

Arcane
the usual spiel.

Ya know it's okay to admit you guys included DRM on your discs. It really is. Hell I'd prefer it the usual parsing. Sure it's not full blown Steamworks but so what. Steamworks isn't Steam's only DRM function and you know it. The mere fact that you offered these discs is proof enough of that.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
But, we cannot necessarily guarantee the level of support those will receive going forward (especially if we ever, say, do any expansion packs etc.).

By the way, this translates to: "If you want to use the disc only your game will never be patched".

So, it's only really possible to avoid Steam, hold on to your GOG keys.

agris

Arcane
Patron
For those who request it we'll also be doing a limited print run of discs that are not tied to any third-party service, and will also be pre-patched to the latest version of the game at time of printing. But, we cannot necessarily guarantee the level of support those will receive going forward (especially if we ever, say, do any expansion packs etc.).
Take as long as you want on these.. if I got my disc 6 months down the line but you've added in all the rest of the features and bug fixes that you have planned, it would be well worth the wait.

edit: the box has also landed in the heart of texas

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
Does anyone know what the status is with the Ranger Editions? Several UK stores currently list them as "out of stock" (Amazon has 2 in stock but their price is ridiculous) - did I miss it and they're sold out already or haven't they arrived yet at most places?

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
Amazon.de still seems to have some, and a lot cheaper than co.uk.

That's cool but I'm guessing the box, manual, etc. are in German? My German - as much as I'm ashamed to admit it - sucks pretty badly and all the other game boxes in my collection are in English. Though I suppose it could be good for language practice! :)

lurker3000

Arcane
So.. Are all the physical copies supposed to have been delivered? I have not gotten mine yet.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
So.. Are all the physical copies supposed to have been delivered? I have not gotten mine yet.
The regular boxes, sure, the collector's editions and such haven't been sent out yet.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
mindx2 http://wastelandrpg.tumblr.com/post/102309967281/wasteland-2-collectors-edition-status-update

Wasteland 2 Collector’s Edition Status Update
The Wasteland 2 metal Collector’s Edition boxes are now on track to start shipping in two weeks, Deep Silver is currently assembling all parts – and hopefully we can show you the boxes before they start shipping out. They should start arriving in backers’ hands by the end of the month, with apologies again for how long this process has been taking.

The next step is to figure out how we’ll get the signatures of Brian Fargo and Chris Avellone on the signed editions. Those versions will be shipping out later, we’ll have an exact timeline once we figure out logistically how are going to do it and how long that will take.

Thomas Beekers
inXile line producer

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Oh boy, welcome to the shipping hell of the holidaze. Hope someone doesn't steal your shit, that happened to a relative of mine. They replaced the stuff with a broken Wii and newspaper.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
mindx2 http://wastelandrpg.tumblr.com/post/102309967281/wasteland-2-collectors-edition-status-update

Wasteland 2 Collector’s Edition Status Update
The Wasteland 2 metal Collector’s Edition boxes are now on track to start shipping in two weeks, Deep Silver is currently assembling all parts – and hopefully we can show you the boxes before they start shipping out. They should start arriving in backers’ hands by the end of the month, with apologies again for how long this process has been taking.

The next step is to figure out how we’ll get the signatures of Brian Fargo and Chris Avellone on the signed editions. Those versions will be shipping out later, we’ll have an exact timeline once we figure out logistically how are going to do it and how long that will take.

Thomas Beekers
inXile line producer

An even longer delay for my signed copy......?! This is getting ridiculous!! :x

Man I HOPE I get it by the Christmas holiday. I've been putting off my playthrough until then when I'll have two weeks off to fully enjoy it uninterrupted...

:mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob:

Last edited:

mindx2

Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, we're obviously not happy with that, but the copies need to be signed and there's no getting around that extra step. We're getting on it literally as soon as the boxes arrive in our hands (or at least at Deep Silver). Still, feels good that we've got a firm date now. :)

So are you guys actually mailing out the signed copies and Doomsday Survival packages, not Deep Silver? If so will we get a tracking number?

... and since it's going to be delayed anyway how about a few signatures on those Doomsday items? That would make up for everything... promise... :love:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
And guess what happens if the deliveries are extended to Christmas holidays? Two to three weeks of holidays, due to the placement of the Christmas days. Really looking forward coming back home to find out that my package has been returned to sender.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Nah, I can manage, especially if some sort of tracking code is available. But this sort of trouble is something you ought to prepare for, with the timing.

mindx2

Patron
So are you guys actually mailing out the signed copies and Doomsday Survival packages, not Deep Silver? If so will we get a tracking number?

... and since it's going to be delayed anyway how about a few signatures on those Doomsday items? That would make up for everything... promise... :love:
We are shipping the Doomsday Kits out ourselves from the office in California, while Deep Silver is distributing the Collector's Editions themselves. They should be separate shipments (and due to the timing of this you may potentially get your Doomsday Kit before the Collector's Edition).

sea what about that tracking? Are you guys the ones shipping out the signed editions and higher tiers and if so will you and tracking?
Anything sent by Deep Silver will not have tracking, but I don't know off-hand how the signed versions will work or who will ship those out (I suspect Deep Silver).

So let me see if I got this straight... I won't be getting my Doomsday Kit with my signed Collector's box? I thought you guys would have both since the big honchos have to sign them and could throw my Collector's box inside my Doomsday kit?

mindx2

Patron
I can't really comment on when/how/where the box signing is taking place since I do not know the details, but the Doomsday Kits were a thing we did on our own and did not involve Deep Silver.
So InXile is just holding on to the Doomsday kits because.... why? Maybe so when they got the Collector boxes to sign they could ship them together? Would seem rather moronic to sign them then give them back to Deep Silver to ship....

I can understand doing the Doomsday kits yourself as there was only about 500 of them sold altogether (one reason I decided to get one, my collector neurosis compelled me) so I really hope someone there was smart enough to just ship them together... right....?

Last edited:

mindx2

Patron
Not trying to harp on you but you are nice enough to keep responding so...

I think you misread me, sorry. I did not mean to suggest we were holding on to the Doomsday Kits for some inexplicable reason/purpose - just that we are shipping them from California separately once they're ready to go.

... brings me again to my earlier statement/question:

when they got the Collector boxes to sign they could ship them together? Would seem rather moronic to sign them then give them back to Deep Silver to ship....

Fargo, Avellone, etc. are based in California (correct?) so this just seems more... I don't know... logical/economical/consumer-KS backer friendly.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Watch it if they won't end up being signed by some janitor from Deep Silver.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom