Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Physical Box Thread

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Just got home to my box having arrived. Phone camera is not good, but here are the pics.

ZnaMsGR.jpg
The box front. This is definitely smaller than classic PC boxes, but it is a real box. The cover art is great, it's very tasteful and the color looks better in person (crappy camera makes it looked washed out).

eW1VCid.jpg
Here are the feelies that came with basic box. Got a map, manual, and the dvd holder. I flipped through the manual and it seems well done. The ring binding seems like it should last a long time. The cloth map is some kind of synthetic fabric (appropriate given the game's subject matter?), so it doesn't feel nice, good thing I'm not using it as a pillow. It does look good and it's actually legible (unlike the maps from a certain other company).

Can't wait to see some special editions, and I'm glad I upgraded to a physical tier for Torment now.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
This is definitely smaller than classic PC boxes, but it is a real box.

Wasn't some guy saying that it's larger or same size as the Fallout 2 box just thinner?
I believe Brothern None also said would be "classic" size.

Seeing it next to the DVD doesn't make it look that big, though.

Tigranes

Arcane
Mine arrived in the US I think, though I can't check as I'm abroad until December.

TheGreatOne

Arcane
Jesus christ Trash learn to use spoiler tags.
Shit, either Trash has gigantic manly hands or that box is rather small.
It's a bit taller than your average PS2/Xbox 360 DVD case. It's a lot more wide than tall which makes the design weird, but when you flip it sideways the box is bigger than some old PC games (bigger than Goldbox games, Wizardry 6, System Shock 2 and Planescape: Torment to name a few), though thinner.
Imo the ranger edition which you can get from regular stores looks better (since its compatible in size with other CE games like D:OS), and it comes with art cards. Though I don't regret backing this game.
CD18518.jpg

Last edited:

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
That poster is nice. I wish I got that included.

Don't know what I'd do with art cards.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Could someone post photos of content of the Polish box? Is Polish edition DRM-free? Does it include a Linux client?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Imo the ranger edition which you can get from regular stores looks better (since its compatible in size with other CE games like D:OS), and it comes with art cards. Though I don't regret backing this game.

Well, I got the CE, which will get me some extra shit, but no poster or cards, nor soundtrack CD I think. :rpgcodex:

Oh well, it's not like I'm in love with the game. If I will be after they finish updating it, I'll consider getting the Ranger Edition too.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Shit, either Trash has gigantic manly hands or that box is rather small.
Someone on Something Awful said the box measures 20.5cm x 25.5cm x 3.5cm which sounds about right to me. By comparison my Fallout big box is 23.5cm x 18.5 cm x 5 cm.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
If you have the UK edition maybe.

Actually, since I don't have my boxes here :negative: I can't measure them. But I'm pretty sure the US versions of both Fallout 1 and 2 are considerably bigger (and definitely better looking) than the UK ones.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Received my box, imo it's much too big for the actual contents inside. Should have been smaller.

Now I just have to wait a month or more to get some discs I can actually use.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I'm guessing the manual is woefully outdated by now. Am I right?
They made it extremely light on specific information to prevent that from happening. Even then, its description of headshots isn't quite correct.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Brother None , why there's no "obrigado" at the back of the box? Aren't you grateful for HUEHUE money? And the once glorious Portuguese empire? Why do you spit on us like this?
We are much grateful to glorious Portuguese empire. But the "thanks" is only in the localized languages. In hindsight though, we really should have tried to include Portuguese loc, but then again it was challenging enough with the ones we had. We'll see what the future holds.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Brother None , why there's no "obrigado" at the back of the box? Aren't you grateful for HUEHUE money? And the once glorious Portuguese empire? Why do you spit on us like this?
We are much grateful to glorious Portuguese empire. But the "thanks" is only in the localized languages. In hindsight though, we really should have tried to include Portuguese loc, but then again it was challenging enough with the ones we had. We'll see what the future holds.
VDQIzFa.png

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I just got mine, too! :D

Can anybody tell me if the steam key on the manual is seperate from the disc? Wanna know if I can just mail it to pal and have him play the game as well.

hhDyZdN.jpg

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Thanks! So basically, I got me 3 copies of the game? The one I originally got for backing, the one in the disc, and the one from the manual's steam key?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom