Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Phoenix Point Codex Interview Questions

PanteraNera

Arcane
So guys, Julian Gollop is willing to do an Codex interview with me, besides obvious questions (all the stuff we have little information about, base building, geoscape, the factions beside New Jericho) what do YOU want to know?

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Could he tell anything about how capturing aliens will work?
Is it possible to get live alien randomly using regular weapons like in X-Com or does it always require use of items that are purpose build for capturing live foes?

edit.
Will it be possible to capture human foes alive?

Last edited:

Citizen

What about mod support? I mean, the faster we can get X-Piratez 2, the better.

Israfael

Arcane
I'd ask him about the specifics of the Apocalypse debacle - what went wrong, which ideas were not implemented and what kind of it will be brought back into the world with Phoenix Point

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Something a bit specific, I always loved the multiworm/hyperworm mechanic from Apocalypse, I'd like to know if there's something akin to a "carrier" enemy.

Shog-goth

Elder Thing
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If the floating fortress will be included in the initial release, instead of planned DLC, because of the 6 months delay and if the additional 100K/month preorders funding will allow to add underwater missions too.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Do they plan to add more soldier stats in addition to what we have in beta?
Like is there going to be weight limit that will give negative effects to soldiers if they carry too much equipment into battle?
Or Reaction fire stat that lets aliens act before you do your overwatch shot so to prevent overwatch spam?

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Sorry if it was already answered: what are the current plans for unmanned and/or manned vehicles? What about APC? Will they be able to fight, and carry soldiers or will they act like the Skyranger of X-COM?
Are there plans for HWP equivalents?

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Not about Phoenix Point, but I remember playing Rebelstar to death on the Spectrum and I distinctly remember it being credited to the 'Gollop brothers', both Julian and Nick.

What happened to Nick? Was it a tough decision to move to Bulgaria and leave his old family behind or had he already split from programming with his brother? From what's happened after it's pretty clear that it was Julian that had the passion for strategy games, but Nick appears to have left the industry altogether after Rebelstar: Tactical command. I've always wondered what happened there.

PanteraNera

Arcane
What about mod support? I mean, the faster we can get X-Piratez 2, the better.
Mod support will be coming after release.

Sorry if it was already answered: what are the current plans for unmanned and/or manned vehicles? What about APC? Will they be able to fight, and carry soldiers or will they act like the Skyranger of X-COM?
Are there plans for HWP equivalents?
Synedrion will have drones.
APC/vehicles will be able to move and use their weapons on-mission.
They might be also for transportation but that is not decided.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Better late than never!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom