Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Phantom Brigade - Frozen Synapse with mechs

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Give us a hardpoint in ass, mount a flamethrower.

terile

Novice
Love the visual style, reminiscent of a boardgame with terrain pieces. Added to watchlist.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
ahcookies Developer (technical artist) · 8 days ago
Oh no, the development goes as fast as ever and we have more people helping now. We're just working on internal systems and that part doesn't lend itself too well to shiny screenshots and exciting progress reports. I apologize for the radio silence and I'm looking forward to breaking it this year once get some interesting work out of the way!

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Reminds me of ...what was it... Heavy Gear that the Mechwarrior 3 devs went to work on after MW3 - or was it MW2 devs?. Hope this is something better than the latest Battletech game.

Jinn

Arcane
Oh, this looks nice. Why didn't I hear about this before?

Probably because it was in the Tactical subforum. You ever look there? There's a lot of good games to discuss there. Seems like a lot of people don't check the Tactical subforum.

Last edited:

Saduj

Arcane
Oh, this looks nice. Why didn't I hear about this before?

Probably because it was in the Tactical subforum. You ever look there? There's a lot of good games to discuss there. Seems like a lot of people don't check the Tactical subforum.

Ixnay on the acticaltay ubforumsay.

Gotta have at least one :obviously: place that is free of GD edgetard overflow.

geno

Savant

The teaser is kinda meh, but now we know they're working with Brace Yourself Games, publishers of Crypt of the Necrodancer or Industries of Titan

Ranarama

Learned
Typically cinematic means it happens slowly. You are forced get to watch animations play out every turn. Because people love watching the same animations every turn of combat.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Having played a lot of games that use that style, it works out nicely if the game offers a huge variety of attacks and units so you're seeing a lot of different animations. It works out like shit if everything is the same.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
I really do hope that they won't waste resources that could be better used on improving gameplay on cutscenes and other unnecessary crap.
Of course the fact that game is described as cinematic *spits* kills any hope of above mentioned stuff.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The teaser is kinda meh, but now we know they're working with Brace Yourself Games, publishers of Crypt of the Necrodancer or Industries of Titan

Not just working:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom