Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Phantom Brigade - Frozen Synapse with mechs

Hellraiser

Arcane
There's something about the UI that annoys me but I can't tell exactly what. I guess it's a bit "unclear" ? It doesn't immediately communicate what you chose or what each thing does?

My only gripe with the UI is the blur straight out of win7 Aero. Classical coloured transparency maybe with some blending effect would look better. Also there is a lack of borders on the UI elements, which I guess can work, but for me it doesn't look good. But those are minor things.

Otherwise the game looks good, both bac9 and C7 did good stuff for KSP :obviously:.

ushas

Savant
i miss college when i have like 100+ hours / 2 weeks of free time (according to steam record back then)
You can try keeping games running in the background... to reach similar numbers that's it.
Nothing can take away our creativity in self-delusion, at least.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
When I was a kid, my Mom made absolutely certain that I didn't play computer or video games for too long at a stretch. On weekends especially, if I spent more than an hour or two playing Wing Commander, some Space Quest or King's Quest, or what-have-you, Mom would start to get the idea that the downstairs bathroom could use a good clean, or that the yard needed tidying or mowing. On weekdays I could typically get away with playing more, since they'd be at work until anywhere from 5:30 to 8, depending on their schedules.

(The downstairs bathroom was primarily mine, my Dad's, and also where the dogs were washed; Mom and my sister shared the two upstairs bathrooms, one for showering etc. and one with a claw tub for baths. There was no actual prohibition on using the upstairs bathrooms, but of course there had to be some sensible division in the mornings, and it was simply easier logistically to get the dogs washed on the first floor. Never even thought about it when I was younger, but teased Mom about it when I was older.)

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
I noticed you really really like talking about yourself here. You don't have any RL friends? :D

I share personal anecdotes with the Codex that I would probably never share with anyone whom I actually know. It's one of the things communities of strangers are good for, although Web 2.5 is trying mightily to ruin that aspect of the Internet.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I noticed you really really like talking about yourself here. You don't have any RL friends? :D

I share personal anecdotes with the Codex that I would probably never share with anyone whom I actually know. It's one of the things communities of strangers are good for, although Web 2.5 is trying mightily to ruin that aspect of the Internet.
:updatedmytxt:

When I was a kid, my Mom made absolutely certain that I didn't play computer or video games for too long at a stretch. On weekends especially, if I spent more than an hour or two playing Wing Commander, some Space Quest or King's Quest, or what-have-you, Mom would start to get the idea that the downstairs bathroom could use a good clean, or that the yard needed tidying or mowing. On weekdays I could typically get away with playing more, since they'd be at work until anywhere from 5:30 to 8, depending on their schedules.

(The downstairs bathroom was primarily mine, my Dad's, and also where the dogs were washed; Mom and my sister shared the two upstairs bathrooms, one for showering etc. and one with a claw tub for baths. There was no actual prohibition on using the upstairs bathrooms, but of course there had to be some sensible division in the mornings, and it was simply easier logistically to get the dogs washed on the first floor. Never even thought about it when I was younger, but teased Mom about it when I was older.)

you washed your dogs everyday?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
We've been busy working over the past few months, implementing new AI, data-driven gameplay systems, improving pilot and mech visuals, designing new locations and, of course, improving level destruction. Soon, all the pieces will be in place to allow us to focus on campaign development. Stay tuned!

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Cuphead and Phantom Brigade prove that developers named Chad are seriously chads in the gaming industry. :obviously:

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Simultaneously, every usage of the word "chad" proves that it's another retarded word of the current-gen "vocabulary"

lightbane

Arcane
I noticed that you can even go as far as to change the "crotch" section of your mech units. I wonder if "crotch-cannons" and the like will be available. Extra points if the mech also has impractical melee weapons to boot.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

yeah, this looks really promising. Hope it doesn't get dumbed down.

I haven't played a mech game I really liked since Gearhead, the roguelike from ages ago.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
What I hope someone would make is a robot game featuring more animal-like robots, with great differences for each type of animals.

But still, sleek Japanese robots are still waaay better than stupid walking tanks.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron

lightbane

Arcane
Since it admits mod support (allegedly), that should be doable. Also, I like how the new Mechwarrior is clearly turning more and more disappointing than it was in the beginning, while this one keeps getting better.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Since it admits mod support (allegedly), that should be doable. Also, I like how the new Mechwarrior is clearly turning more and more disappointing than it was in the beginning, while this one keeps getting better.
I am not so sure you could do zoids. They said they wanted to limit the skeletons to humanoid mech for budget reason, which makes sense for a small team.

lightbane

Arcane
Obviously, I meant after release, modders might came up with something. Still, I hope the "humanoid mech" limit still lets us have exotic leg pieces such as spider ones, tracks, wheels, hover jets, etc.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
I looked a bit into their Discord.
Chad Jenkins - Yesterday at 11:16 PM
You need some nice conventional forces to blow up
unknown.png

image.png

image_1024.png

I like that it feels more... kinetic than Battletech, which kind of lacks that sort of impact feel when you shoot something. I agree there's something about the UI that is rubbing me the wrong way - it feels like everything you do is very intrusive.

But it looks incredibly promising.

Cael

Arcane
I noticed that you can even go as far as to change the "crotch" section of your mech units. I wonder if "crotch-cannons" and the like will be available. Extra points if the mech also has impractical melee weapons to boot.
Crotch cannons are so grandpa's generation...

Mackie.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom