Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

pewdiepie

Luzur

Good Sir
Critical mass theory.

Dude was one of the first "youtubers", streamed ton of such things like minecraft and shit. Most of people like to watch people freaking out (especially kids) so his videos about raping him or goat simulator and stuff get popular fast.

After critical mass was achieved he didn't need to do anything more. People would simply move him in youtube to first pages and from there even more people will watch him.

Also youtube had for long time their search based on how long people wathed something which is perferct for gaming channels.

Now dude can coke his shit everyday, scream rape everwhere and be dick and his subscribers will only grow.

Welcome to XXI century old people.

It's their just punishment to witness this sort of thing as they approach death for their crime of creating a society run by machines.

By that time Pewdiepiepepewpw will have been executed and replaced by a "Max Headroom" styled puppet that does his speil 24/7 in the Terminator Death Camps.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Think some of you guys are trying a bit too hard to act indignant about this. Shit like this has been happening for decades at this point. People like Adam Sandler, David Spade, Seth MacFarlane et al. have made entire careers out of amusing bottom of the barrel retards who laugh at absolutely everything. Only difference between them and Pewdiepie is the latter's figured out how to do it without studio/producer backing.

He's bad, we all know he's bad. You'll seriously be better off just not paying attention to his shit and moving on with your life.

Alfons

Prophet
At least he's not begging for money all the time and sometimes he's funny unlike Angry Joe.
At this point I hate angry joe more than pdp. As far as shit content goes the latter is worse but at least he knows exactly what he is and doesn't try to pretend he actually knows anything, Joe on the other hand, is a retard that thinks he's smart. I think the most retarded person on this forum knows more about games than fucking Joe.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Most people who watch his videos are 10-something, and the men the kids look up to are all like him or Bieber or Tokyo Hotel. My niece got a crush with some 25 year old guy who'd make DiCaprio look masculine.

Papa Môlé

Arcane
He claims to hate the games he plays and only play them to garner views.

Perhaps he's secretly a codexer and is amongst us.

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
front_262.jpg

On the cover of this month's issue of the Slovenian gaming magazine 'Joker'. With the caption 'Je Pewdiepie res peder?' which directly translates to 'Is pewdiepie really a faggot?':D

Don't know what that's about exactly, just thought it was funny.:)

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Just shows the state of the world we live in if someone like pewdiepie is on a front page of anything.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Just shows the state of the world we live in if someone like pewdiepie is on a front page of anything.

It shows what has always been known: catering to the lowest common denominator is a potentially lucrative business choice.

I bet pewdiepie is a normal guy in real life outside of his videos.

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Bought the magazine, pewdiepie is just a small chunk of an 8-page article on let's players, streamers, twitch and all that shit. Think having him on the cover is pretty meaningless all things considered, apart from the fact that he happens to be the most famous 'let's player'. Doubt they actually thought about it in terms of 'attracting buyers'.

Here's a couple of other recent covers:
From december 2014:
429_970_big.jpg

This one's supposed to look like a cheap tabloid rag. OK, it has a cute kitten, but the big text next to it says: 'Bloody Goods (You won't believe this): Little niggers/negros, chinks and kittens are suffering because of you.':D

January 2015:
428_969_big.jpg

The weird text above the cover says 'By buying this you are useful and socially responsible!' and the text below says 'Robots want our jobs!':)

April 2015:
433_976_big.jpg

Some are more normal/generic.:)

Safe to say IMHO, they don't give a fuck.:)

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
he now even has his own company

'PewDiePie Productions AB, Kjeilber's company'

Turjan

Arcane
"He currently has 37 million subscribers and generates over $4 million in ad sales per year...

He also said his popularity on YouTube is somewhat unsettling: "I'm so central to YouTube now, and that puts me in the spotlight and raises a lot of questions like 'Why is he so big?'" Kjellberg said. "I'd much rather prefer to have something like 5 million subscribers.""

So he would be content with 5 million subscribers. Such humility.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
"He currently has 37 million subscribers and generates over $4 million in ad sales per year...

He also said his popularity on YouTube is somewhat unsettling: "I'm so central to YouTube now, and that puts me in the spotlight and raises a lot of questions like 'Why is he so big?'" Kjellberg said. "I'd much rather prefer to have something like 5 million subscribers.""

So he would be content with 5 million subscribers. Such humility.
It was a joke, unclench your butt. I don't like his retarded videos but even I can admire his business sense and achievements.

Animal

Savant
Shitposter
Well, it seems to me that it's a story of humble beginnings with a happy end.

Cool.

I can't watch him (or any twitcher/let's player for that matter), but I'm happy for the guy.

As to why, I bet on luck, plus dedication, plus boysband member look.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom