Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Peter Molyneux making new shit game after not finishing previous kickstarter - The Trail

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
Despite the fact he has destroyed his reputation over the years, I still feel sympathy towards Peter Molyneux. You can tell he's always wanted to create unique games, that defied genre definition.
Unfortunately something prevented any of those games during the last 10 years to become great.

Lhynn

Arcane
Making a new shit game after not finishing his last shit game. Molyneux gonna Molyneux.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
He retired after the whole Godus fiasco when the gaming 'press' finally turned on him. Then he unretired like a week later. Does it matter? Has he made anything decent since his Bullfrog days?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
He retired after the whole Godus fiasco when the gaming 'press' finally turned on him. Then he unretired like a week later. Does it matter? Has he made anything decent since his Bullfrog days?

Has he made anything decent during the Bullfrog days? I doubt he's responsible for anything good that came out of Bullfrog and is most likely just riding on the success others created for him. After hearing his story on how he got into the video game industry, and judging by everything he worked on after Bullfrog, it's hard to not see him as anything but a fraudulent conman.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I like the art style at least, it's easy on the eyes. It must be a little weird working at 22 Cans. If I recall correctly they've committed to making some certain amount of games, so I would assume that the employees there feel an obligation to stick around, but the atmosphere seems like it must be a little uncomfortable after Molyneux finally realising that he has a really bad reputation

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Coming to PC, apparently "completely rebuilt and redesigned for a PC audience":

https://venturebeat.com/2017/07/13/peter-molyneuxs-the-trail-frontier-challenge-is-coming-to-steam/

“Our goal with The Trail: Frontier Challenge was to take the core gameplay and narrative of The Trail on mobile and reimagine it for Steam players,” said Peter Molyneux, the creative director at 22cans, in a statement. “PC players are looking for a completely immersive and uniquely challenging experience and I think they will be pleased with what we’ve created.”

Molyneux added, “The gameplay has been developed to be far more strategic. For example, players will now have to balance what they carry in their packs against how fast and far they can travel. Bigger items are heavier and slow you down, smaller items are lighter, so you can travel faster.”

Steam players will also experience weather effects, which can affect their progress on the trail. Extreme cold requires additional food while muddy terrain can slow hiking. But players can invest in improved clothing and gear to receive various buffs to help counteract these effects. After reaching Eden Falls, travelers will have the opportunity to set up shop as one of five professions: Explorer, Hunter, Lumberjack, Cook, or Tailor. Each profession has its own skill tree to progress through and can only be mastered when every skill is unlocked.

“One of our main goals as a publisher is to empower developers to create unique experiences for players on any platform,” said Emily Greer, the cofounder and CEO of Kongregate, in a statement. “So when 22cans told us their vision for a Steam version of The Trail, we were very excited to continue our partnership and bring The Trail: Frontier Challenge to a new audience. PC players will be pleased with the thoughtful approach the team took to adapting the concept of The Trail into a more strategic, immersive vision for Steam.”

The Trail: Frontier Challenge will launch this summer at 10 percent off, and it will be regularly priced at $15. Players can wishlist the game on Steam today to receive notifications when it launches.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Heh 7 hours after its release and people still aren't giving a shit about it. Not a single review yet. :incline:

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Any impressions yet?

I Like The Game I Whould Recommend This Because There Are Many Thing To Do And It Is A Good Game And Its Fun.
You Travel And You Can Gather Stuff,You Can Do Challanges,You can Eplore the world And You Can Build A House Or Be A Mayor Of Your Own Town!

I Like The Game And If You Think Should I Buy This?
Then I Say Yes Its An Awesome Game! :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom