Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Pete Hines Responds

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Volourn said:
KOTYOR had a limited word count, and the story was the best aprt of the game 9along with the characters). Again, for most people sans the Codex.
As far as I know, KOTOR's original story and dialogues sucked, so Bio showed that to LA, and they either removed or increased the word count (don't recall)

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"As far as I know, KOTOR's original story and dialogues sucked, so Bio showed that to LA, and they either removed or increased the word count (don't recall)"

LOL Them BIO writers are sneaky. The probably tanked the dialogue by purpose just to get more words. LOL Troika should have done the same. Heheh.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Agreed, I don't think Troika should have spent all of their word limit on the rules and on those dreary quests in Hommlet. Most of it would have better served the game by coming from more interesting NPCs and from the Temple quests themselves.

Brillo

Novice
DarkUnderlord said:
Master Peter said:
No, like I said, there are no devs for Fallout 3
So Bethesda spent how many millions on a license to shelve it? I mean hello, plan on doing any work on the game soon other then letting the janitor release PR details?
Perhaps they're hiring people like they said they were... A certain amount of planning before finding out you got the license is one thing. Hiring an entire team of people is another.

Seven

Erudite
So on an RPG site, when details of an RPG are announced by the developers in a gaming magazine, people are surprised we listen to them?

Go figure.

Don't you know it's advertising!?!?!? :wink:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom