Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Persona 5

GarlandExCon

Arcane
Question for those who have made it up to August 1stish:

The deadline to steal Futaba's heart... without giving too much anyway, is that all you have to do before then or is there something you have to do to Medjed before then too? I ask because I have to steal her heart before the deadline or Medjed does their cyber attack. The idea is that if I help Futaba she'll help provide me with the information on Medjeb needed to get key words. The issue with that is that with those keywords I'd be able to enter their dungeon but I'd still have to got through it, steal the treasure, leave the calling card, beat the boss and all that BS to change their heart so they'll stop the attack. Basically, I'm asking: is all I have to do is beat the Pyramid dungeon and steal Futaba's heart before the deadline or will I have to do a Medjed dungeon before then too?

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Question for those who have made it up to August 1stish:

The deadline to steal Futaba's heart... without giving too much anyway, is that all you have to do before then or is there something you have to do to Medjed before then too? I ask because I have to steal her heart before the deadline or Medjed does their cyber attack. The idea is that if I help Futaba she'll help provide me with the information on Medjeb needed to get key words. The issue with that is that with those keywords I'd be able to enter their dungeon but I'd still have to got through it, steal the treasure, leave the calling card, beat the boss and all that BS to change their heart so they'll stop the attack. Basically, I'm asking: is all I have to do is beat the Pyramid dungeon and steal Futaba's heart before the deadline or will I have to do a Medjed dungeon before then too?
Yes, it's all you need to do. I had the same concerns you did. They lay it on thick.

GarlandExCon

Arcane
Something else: is there anything to the fridge at Leblac?

In P4 sometimes there would be things in the fridge you could get.

Also around Futaba time you're investigating and Boss tells you something like "about that stuff in the fridge, just don't use it all, ok?" or something like that, but then the came moved me forward before I could check and the next day nothing. I figured maybe it was just part of the entire "Boss buys a lot of food for just him so there must be someone else living with him" plotline.

Cromwell

Arcane

Also around Futaba time you're investigating and Boss tells you something like "about that stuff in the fridge, just don't use it all, ok?" or something like that, but then the came moved me forward before I could check and the next day nothing. I figured maybe it was just part of the entire "Boss buys a lot of food for just him so there must be someone else living with him" plotline.

Fridge is for curry but you have to learn it first.
When he said that I would assume its curry for futaba which she loves but doesnt eat anymore. he still makes it for her everyday.

GarlandExCon

Arcane

When he said that I would assume its curry for futaba which she loves but doesnt eat anymore. he still makes it for her everyday.

So much shit to do!

How do you learn to make the curry? I assume I have to go somewhere in Leblac to do it like with the coffee or maybe this is something that comes from the social link with Boss?

Cromwell

Arcane

So much shit to do!

How do you learn to make the curry? I assume I have to go somewhere in Leblac to do it like with the coffee or maybe this is something that comes from the social link with Boss?

you learn it the same way as you do with coffee, the latter gives 50/100 sp for one and the curry for your team. You have to hang out with sojiro he will teach you. If you get your teacher high enough you may call her so that she does it for you which saves youz the timeslot. also in your summer break your friends may ask you to come around to leblanc, ifg you hang out with them for two timeslots (they will ask if you want to spend more time) you will make them curry which nets you two curries and more points with them.

From what I could see futabas and sojiros social stories are the ones that tie the most into the main story (I dont have all slinks so I may be wrong here), which also makes futaba the obvious waifu choice (sojiro may even say something along those lines. Their stories try to pull on your heartsrings and even if I am too old for shit like that I found it a bit heartwarming)

edit:

almost forgot, you need kindess 4 to start futabas link and 5 for sojiros link to get you on the highest rank.

GarlandExCon

Arcane

So much shit to do!

If you get your teacher high enough you may call her so that she does it for you

Wait I have to give her drugs!?

Cromwell

Arcane

So much shit to do!

If you get your teacher high enough you may call her so that she does it for you

No but going by the amount you have to pay her until you get to the desired ranks I cant imagine drugs would be more expensive.

GarlandExCon

Arcane

So much shit to do!

No but going by the amount you have to pay her until you get to the desired ranks I cant imagine drugs would be more expensive.

Yeah I was joking... :whatho:

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
I thought I was getting close to the end, but I looked at the calendar and I've got six more months. This is a yuge gatdam game.

Feeling regret now... I should have made Kawakami my girlfriend... her life revolves around making me curry and coffee every day. Why didn't I make her my girlfriend? WHY???

deuxhero

Arcane
People need to play Cyber Sleuth before complaining about a translation just to see how bad it can get in a full release game. There are several lines of dialogue in that game that are just pure nonsense. A good chunk of its dialogue, between 10-20%, is machine translation. I've nearly beaten Persona 5 and I have not seen anything that irked me, much less make me want to make a website dedicated to how I felt about its translation.

It's not that bad. There's some serious errors all over the place (ばけもの becoming Bakemon, names changing within a cutscene, all sorts of formating fuckups) but nowhere near 10% machine translation (unless it's like FFT where the translation just shits itself in the last part of the game).

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
This is, by far, my biggest complaint about the game. I just went through a week stretch IG where I literally got to do nothing. The storyline just continued with cut scenes and progressed each day. Like, I can't even have my evening time?

Why does it take me all night/afternoon to wash clothes or go to the batting cages? There's just some stuff you should be able to do and then do something else. With P4, I was a little more understanding, because if they allowed that you could literally probably do everything in the game. But here, there's SO MUCH SHIT. I would like to do a lot more things, like go hear the politician speak, or work at a job or make more coffee, but I'm constantly prioritizing. I literally have a list of things I want to do that I haven't been able to do yet. So, yeah, if they just cut back on what moved time forward a little they have more than enough content.
A big issue is that the in-game reasoning behind it is incredibly arbitrary. I think there would be a lot less issues if it was the player character who said they were too tired to do something, but to have Morgana be the one who says you're 'probably' too tired to do something, or even worse, say he's tired or just straight-up give no reason for it (there're a couple times where he'll just bluntly tell you 'lets not do that today', as if you need his permission to live your life) is incredibly annoying.

Cromwell

Arcane
For the people who completed it, when does the game actually end date wise? I am in the Last? Palace
Politicians Ship
and was wondering if the game ends shortly after.

hemtae

Savant
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
For the people who completed it, when does the game actually end date wise? I am in the Last? Palace
Politicians Ship

It pretty much ends 12/24. You aren't in the last palace

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Politicians Ship

Hope you cleared Mementos as it kept opening up new floors because Mementos isn't optional, just as a protip. I saw people rage that they had to do Mementos in its entirety on 12/24 because they ignored it.

Red Rogue

Learned
Makoto best because of butt, followed by Ann because of breast physics

I think Ann is best grill, but Id be willing to compromise and just say Makoto and Ann tied for best girl.

I'm getting to the point with this game where I'm hesitant to begin playing. Because I know each time I make progress, I get a little bit closer to the end of the game. Really been enjoying this one lads.

Politicians Ship

Hope you cleared Mementos as it kept opening up new floors because Mementos isn't optional, just as a protip. I saw people rage that they had to do Mementos in its entirety on 12/24 because they ignored it.

This is actually the same point that I'm at in the game.

Unfortunately, I think I'm going to be *just* short of maxing out all of my social links. All my nighttime links are pretty much done, but I've still got two daytime ones that are around level 3-4 and I doubt I'll have enough time to finish them. Took me too long to unlock the arcade kid questline, which would've netted me some freebie Kindness points, too. Ah well.

Big reveal spoilers:
I really like how they set things up in the beginning in the game and left you questioning which one of your party members sold you out. I went through phases of suspecting Ryuji, the cat and Makoto at various points throughout the game and even had the fortune teller on standby at rank 8 in case my waifu ended up betraying me. It was just a really strong premise, and when they put everything together it was so satisfying.

Seeing how some of the eyebrow-raising moments ended up playing out was pretty great. I had been wondering what the relevance of those weird blurred scene transitions were (turns out it was just the drugs they injected you with?). I pretty much called Akechi being the black-masked Persona user from the very first moment, since he's introduced shortly after your team learns about the other Persona user and he's obviously being setup to be your rival. Not to mention that the only thing he ever talks to you about is the Phantom Thieves, picks you out of a crowd to interview and blatantly knows who you are the entire time. I did think his 'pancake' conversation was fishy, but completely forgot about it until it was brought up again. I thought it was more suspicious that Ryuji kept going to the bathroom at the TV station when Akechi was around, and figured he might be collaborating with him off-camera or something. Also never realized that real-world inhabitants only heard Mona's speech as meowing.

Even though I was pretty certain Akechi was the masked user, I figured there was another betrayer aside from that. It was all kinda obvious, I guess, but I appreciated that they threw some red herrings in there before and after the reveal. Makoto's little speech about not letting anyone hurt her sister threw me for a loop. The game even tricks you during the 'good' outcome since your MC is still shown getting brained... my heart actually sunk for a second while I wondered how I could salvage my playthrough and how long ago my last save was.

It was great to see how your team turned it around and outsmarted everyone once they realize they were being set up, and that the entire intro sequence was planned out from the start. Super satisfying reveal, and I'm actually relieved that none of my team turned out to be traitors. Glad I stayed off the internet and didn't spoil myself on the game for the most part.

As an aside, apparently 'Endurance' doesn't work with Counter-Attacks? I'm running with a lovingly-crafted Seth as my point Persona. He's setup with Apt Pupil (+crit), Trigger Happy (+gun crit) and 1-Shot Kill as his only attack skill. He's a 1-button wonder, but it feels like nearly every attack is a critical, so I've been using him on just about everything that doesn't have an elemental weakness. I thought having Endurance would be a nice safety net but sure enough the moment an enemy used counter-attack I ended up killing myself in one blow. I wonder if counter-attacks are negated by something like Null Gun or Null Physical.

GarlandExCon

Arcane
I thought I was getting close to the end, but I looked at the calendar and I've got six more months. This is a yuge gatdam game.

Feeling regret now... I should have made Kawakami my girlfriend... her life revolves around making me curry and coffee every day. Why didn't I make her my girlfriend? WHY???

If it's anything like P4 it skips ahead dramatically after the beginning of the new year. I hope it's not like that, but when I played P4 I thought I had a few months left and suddenly the game moved forward like 3 months.

GarlandExCon

Arcane
This is, by far, my biggest complaint about the game. I just went through a week stretch IG where I literally got to do nothing. The storyline just continued with cut scenes and progressed each day. Like, I can't even have my evening time?

Why does it take me all night/afternoon to wash clothes or go to the batting cages? There's just some stuff you should be able to do and then do something else. With P4, I was a little more understanding, because if they allowed that you could literally probably do everything in the game. But here, there's SO MUCH SHIT. I would like to do a lot more things, like go hear the politician speak, or work at a job or make more coffee, but I'm constantly prioritizing. I literally have a list of things I want to do that I haven't been able to do yet. So, yeah, if they just cut back on what moved time forward a little they have more than enough content.
A big issue is that the in-game reasoning behind it is incredibly arbitrary. I think there would be a lot less issues if it was the player character who said they were too tired to do something, but to have Morgana be the one who says you're 'probably' too tired to do something, or even worse, say he's tired or just straight-up give no reason for it (there're a couple times where he'll just bluntly tell you 'lets not do that today', as if you need his permission to live your life) is incredibly annoying.

It would make the game a hella lot more complicated, but maybe in the future they could have a meter that monitors how tired you are... some events would make you even more tired than others. You could do things to improve your stamina so this impacted you less on a permanent basis and also there could be items you could use on a short term (like getting an energy drink out of the vending machine and drinking it could give you extra energy). If you over did it you could have penalties if you try to go into a palace tired or at school because you fall asleep in class. At least then it wouldn't be arbitrary as a cat telling you you're tired.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Makoto best because of butt, followed by Ann because of breast physics

I think Ann is best grill, but Id be willing to compromise and just say Makoto and Ann tied for best girl.

I'm getting to the point with this game where I'm hesitant to begin playing. Because I know each time I make progress, I get a little bit closer to the end of the game. Really been enjoying this one lads.

Thats's the truest sign of an amazing game experience.

willdunz

Literate
DAE fee like the game could've been longer? It's such a waste that from Jan to March there's nothing going on. Maybe in the enhanced version they could give us a way to avoid jailtime.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Same. I don't want this to end, and it's going to end pretty soon I think. The game really moseyed around with the story, and then it goes 0 to 60 real fast. I don't want this to end!!! I haven't even been to the maid cafe yet...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom