Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Persona 5

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Mara's moveset was perfect in SMT4A. Doping for more max HP and Hell Thrust that can lower enemy defense when used with the Smirk status.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
Udmurt waifu is bestest waifu...

9f474f59f476f708788a23c1ac8552d0.jpg
this is supposed to be a stinky neet.

don't buy that for a second!

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Bought a couple of SP accessories with Invigorate 3 and now I don't need to leave the Metaverse to fill up my SP ever again. Just tele to the first area of a Palace and keep blocking vs some weak low level demon to replenish your SP and then it's go time again.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Finshed it. Great game with lots of improvements over previous titles that hopefully will be refined further in future titles, but as far as newpersona goes prefer 4 over it.

Persona 4 also did its mystery better, P5 was too on the nose about a lot of things. That also made the constant flashbacks on every little social link annoying, especially because in retrospect its really no surprise at all who it is.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Noiice. I see people has started discusing the important stuff: the waifus.

I stand for Makoto san although she hasn't joined my party yet.

In the meantime I'm banging the doctor while I wait for true and pure love.

Last edited:

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Noiice. I see people has started discusing the important stuff: the waifus.

I stand for Makoto san although she hasn't joined my party yet.

In the meantime I'm banging the doctor while I wait for true and pure love.

Harem.png

I believe this one goes the way of P4 in that the waifus don't appreciate a harem.

Malpercio

Arcane
I actually like Morgana. Decent character, has relevance to the plot beyond being the butt end of every joke and has a good moveset.

Morgana is sure as fuck less annoying than Teddy.

You gotta be shitting me, leaving the Fi-tier hand holding, Morgana literally spend half of his lines commenting and explaining what's happening on screen.

*read a book*
"WOAH GOOD USE OF TIME"
*Takes a shit*
"YOU ARE AMAZING"

Still less annoying than Teddy.

Although I'm not a huge fan of Morgana's voice in general, I'll admit some of the car noises make me laugh.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I really hope there's actual fucking in the game, and not just "oh senpai, we are now boyfriend and girlfriend"
There was an actual fucking in P4, but because it would be boring, time was just moved after they finished.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
I really hope there's actual fucking in the game, and not just "oh senpai, we are now boyfriend and girlfriend"

Why the hell would anyone hope for something like this? Would you really enjoy watching two poorly animated gooks getting it on?

Get a girlfriend, damn.

Red Rogue

Learned
Lads and Lasses, today is a dark day. I came across a spoiler and I'm pretty bummed about it. I just about felt like throwing my phone into a lake.

Anyways on topic about Morgana: He's okay. The whole schoolboy crush on Ann bit makes him insufferably annoying, but when he's not losing his shit over her he's a decent character. I really wanna get with Ann to fuck him over.

Oh and another thing, the jokes about him acting like your dad are true. It's frustrating that whenever I do any thieving the entire day is blocked off for activities cause my cat says I need to go to bed.

GarlandExCon

Arcane
So I have a complaint here about the game...

The "Calling Cards" are Fucking Stupid

I don't know, maybe they have a point later in the game, but they totally fucked me. In Persona 4 there was no such thing. You could beat the dungeon boss all the way up to your last day and that's what I always did. I'd always make sure I could get right to the boss and on the last day I'd do it. This was so I could do more of the other things in the game and so the storyline wouldn't move ahead prematurely. This was never a problem.

So I'm doing the exact samething in P5. I'm still in the Kamoshida dungeon (don't have as much time to play as I'd like) and I know I'm at the end cause I'm in the throne room. Ok, great. I'll wait like I always have. I come back a couple days later and have 2 days left to get it done. "No problem," I think. I go into the throne room and find the treasure. "ok, cool." The Morgana starts talking about a "calling card." "What the fuck is this?" I think. All the characters have the same reaction. Morgana explains she was WAITING for this moment to explain these details WHICH ARE INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT TO MAKING DECISIONS ABOUT GAME PLAY. I learn I have to "send a calling card" before fighting the boss. "Hmmm... ok." So this requires me to leave the dungeon, go to the roof top hideout and go through some pointless dialog. I learn that the calling card goes out in the MORNING the NEXT DAY and we don't go in the dungeon to fight the boss until the AFTERNOON.

At this point, I still think I'm good. I still have 1 day remaining it says. So I go back to the cafe and head up to go to sleep and Morgana is like "Oh no we forgot tomorrow is the board meeting!" or whatever and then the "death scenes" start and that's it. Game over. My choices are to go to the title screen or go one week back and redo everything I did in that week ALL OVER AGAIN, which is a fucking eternity. I can't revert to a previous save, because I only have the one that's too recent from the same day (I realize this is my fuck up, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who only uses one save slot). When did I save last you ask? Oh, only RIGHT BEFORE Morgana decides to tell me I'm fucked.

So basically I'm totally screwed. And what the fuck is the point of it all? Calling cards? Fuck off. The fact that the calling card basically screws you out of a day by making you go through a pointless routine/schedule/protocol where you have leave, send the calling card in the morning the NEXT DAY and then go in the afternoon is ridiculous and the problem. The bigger problem, though, that they spring all of this on you totally out of the blue. You don't know it's coming. You don't know shit about it. It's totally unexpected so you can't plan for it. Morgana IG admits as much that he/she/cat waited to tell you until that last minute. I mean, unless you read a walkthru/strategy guide how would you know that and why would you do that if you don't want spoilers? This is a company literally going after people for streaming Let's Play of this game under the reason of "not spoiling it" so shouldn't they understand this completely?

But the worst part is if you wait until the last day not knowing this is coming as I did you're already screwed because the requirement of "sending a calling card" means you're already out of time because you're forced to burn through an extra day you didn't expect. And the thing is, even though this is the case, the game teases and fucks with you, stringing you along like "yeah, we're going to send the calling card tomorrow and then go beat Kamoshida!" like everything is okay, but then suddenly Morgana is like "Oh I forgot! The board meeting is tomorrow!" and you're dead. I mean shouldn't the game realize you're fucked (or better yet, they just fucked you with this calling card BS)? What's the point of making you go through all those motions if you're a dead persona walking? It's the only time I can remember a game's built in storyline mechanisms/cut scenes cause you to die.

And when you die if you're like me and see the option to go back AN ENTIRE WEEK you're like "Fuck no FUCK NO FUCK NO" and you immediately go to the title screen. There you realize how fucked you are, so after cussing and putting your head in your hands you have no choice but to revert to your previous save. Oh fuck! That's right! I have to go through ALL THE MOTIONS AGAIN just to be back to get to the option to go back one week.... and then by that time you're so fucking pissed you just want to save after the week revert and cool off but you can't because you have to go through these fucking cut scenes before you can save! You could just fast forward through them, but of course it's one where the teacher asks a question that could boosts your stats, so you don't want to lose that -- especially since you got it before.

Fuck me.

SO ATTENTION PERSONA 5 PLAYERS: ALWAYS GIVE YOURSELF AT LEAST 3 DAYS BEFORE THE DEADLINE TO BEAT THE BOSS BECAUSE OF THE STUPID FUCKING CALLING CARD THING!!

Red Rogue

Learned

I don't know, maybe they have a point later in the game, but they totally fucked me. In Persona 4 there was no such thing. You could beat the dungeon boss all the way up to your last day and that's what I always did. I'd always make sure I could get right to the boss and on the last day I'd do it. This was so I could do more of the other things in the game and so the storyline wouldn't move ahead prematurely. This was never a problem.

So I'm doing the exact samething in P5. I'm still in the Kamoshida dungeon (don't have as much time to play as I'd like) and I know I'm at the end cause I'm in the throne room. Ok, great. I'll wait like I always have. I come back a couple days later and have 2 days left to get it done. "No problem," I think. I go into the throne room and find the treasure. "ok, cool." The Morgana starts talking about a "calling card." "What the fuck is this?" I think. All the characters have the same reaction. Morgana explains she was WAITING for this moment to explain these details WHICH ARE INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT TO MAKING DECISIONS ABOUT GAME PLAY. I learn I have to "send a calling card" before fighting the boss. "Hmmm... ok." So this requires me to leave the dungeon, go to the roof top hideout and go through some pointless dialog. I learn that the calling card goes out in the MORNING the NEXT DAY and we don't go in the dungeon to fight the boss until the AFTERNOON.

At this point, I still think I'm good. I still have 1 day remaining it says. So I go back to the cafe and head up to go to sleep and Morgana is like "Oh no we forgot tomorrow is the board meeting!" or whatever and then the "death scenes" start and that's it. Game over. My choices are to go to the title screen or go one week back and redo everything I did in that week ALL OVER AGAIN, which is a fucking eternity. I can't revert to a previous save, because I only have the one that's too recent from the same day (I realize this is my fuck up, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who only uses one save slot). When did I save last you ask? Oh, only RIGHT BEFORE Morgana decides to tell me I'm fucked.

So basically I'm totally screwed. And what the fuck is the point of it all? Calling cards? Fuck off. The fact that the calling card basically screws you out of a day by making you go through a pointless routine/schedule/protocol where you have leave, send the calling card in the morning the NEXT DAY and then go in the afternoon is ridiculous and the problem. The bigger problem, though, that they spring all of this on you totally out of the blue. You don't know it's coming. You don't know shit about it. It's totally unexpected so you can't plan for it. Morgana IG admits as much that he/she/cat waited to tell you until that last minute. I mean, unless you read a walkthru/strategy guide how would you know that and why would you do that if you don't want spoilers? This is a company literally going after people for streaming Let's Play of this game under the reason of "not spoiling it" so shouldn't they understand this completely?

But the worst part is if you wait until the last day not knowing this is coming as I did you're already screwed because the requirement of "sending a calling card" means you're already out of time because you're forced to burn through an extra day you didn't expect. And the thing is, even though this is the case, the game teases and fucks with you, stringing you along like "yeah, we're going to send the calling card tomorrow and then go beat Kamoshida!" like everything is okay, but then suddenly Morgana is like "Oh I forgot! The board meeting is tomorrow!" and you're dead. I mean shouldn't the game realize you're fucked (or better yet, they just fucked you with this calling card BS)? What's the point of making you go through all those motions if you're a dead persona walking? It's the only time I can remember a game's built in storyline mechanisms/cut scenes cause you to die.

And when you die if you're like me and see the option to go back AN ENTIRE WEEK you're like "Fuck no FUCK NO FUCK NO" and you immediately go to the title screen. There you realize how fucked you are, so after cussing and putting your head in your hands you have no choice but to revert to your previous save. Oh fuck! That's right! I have to go through ALL THE MOTIONS AGAIN just to be back to get to the option to go back one week.... and then by that time you're so fucking pissed you just want to save after the week revert and cool off but you can't because you have to go through these fucking cut scenes before you can save! You could just fast forward through them, but of course it's one where the teacher asks a question that could boosts your stats, so you don't want to lose that -- especially since you got it before.

Fuck me.

SO ATTENTION PERSONA 5 PLAYERS: ALWAYS GIVE YOURSELF AT LEAST 3 DAYS BEFORE THE DEADLINE TO BEAT THE BOSS BECAUSE OF THE STUPID FUCKING CALLING CARD THING!!

I posted about this earlier in the thread, you DONT fuck around with the timeline. In fact, the EXACT same thing happened to me that you described. Needless to say, I was pretty upset too. I really don't understand why there needs to be a 2+ day commitment to send the card. Had to do the entire dungeon over again. I think I completed Kamoshida at 20hrs of gameplay.

This silly game distracted me, I was spending too much time studying and hitting baseballs.

GarlandExCon

Arcane

Fuck me.

I posted about this earlier in the thread, you DONT fuck around with the timeline. In fact, the EXACT same thing happened to me that you described. Needless to say, I was pretty upset too. I really don't understand why there needs to be a 2+ day commitment to send the card. Had to do the entire dungeon over again. I think I completed Kamoshida at 20hrs of gameplay.

This silly game distracted me, I was spending too much time studying and hitting baseballs.

Christ I wish I had noticed your earlier post.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Indeed, the dungeons are really unpredictable. Some of them have story interventions that force you to lose days, one dungeon so far didn't have any. I highly recommend that you deal with the Palace immediately before working on the social stuff again so that you don't screw yourself over.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
One thing i don't like about this whole persona business is that you can't progress with one persona, i mean technicaly you can, but it's just faster to fuse personas to get the highest level one, because leveling one persona would take ages.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom