Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Persona 5

Kem0sabe

Arcane
How many trips did it take to finish the first dungeon? Trying to do my best to get it on one try, but at the tower and no sp left....

Also, Irritable prostitute.

0a18673f5eb71d11c93082d689fb2e80.jpg

It took me two tries to get to the treasure. Once you get the treasure, you're forced to make one more additional run before it's over and done with. With good SP management I could see 1 run to reach the treasure being possible, but it sure wasn't happening in my game. When I screwed up encounters I tended to avoid reloading and a few bad decisions caused some near party wipes. Playing on hard, by the way.

Whenever I was running low on resources I farmed the first few rooms for money quite a bit, though. A lot of the enemies could be weakened just by gunshots, and the pyro jacks seemed to give a lot of money when I robbed them in negotiations. Well, a lot of money for the start of the game at least :)

Jinn

Arcane
I think I finished the first dungeon in about 3-4 trips on Hard. I'd be pretty impressed if you managed it in one trip.

Last edited:

GarlandExCon

Arcane

The best part of this is the guy's monotone delivery. It made me laugh out loud.

Yeah that and a few other seems have literally made me laugh out loud. It always comes when you least expect it.

On a side note I'm starting to enjoy the game more, although I hope it frees me up from the structure so I can start exploring things more soon.

To anyone who's gotten further, does it do this? Also, are you allowed more free roam to do things before time progresses and you have to go home?

What I mean is in Persona 4 you could only do like 1 of certain things and then time would progress and you'd have to go home. You could do things once home too, but usually only one. In Persona 4: Golden they freed you up a little to allow you to be able to do more and complete more in the game.

Last edited:

Kem0sabe

Arcane
No, I meant the helmet, red goggles on the mannequin, made me think of the armor in the new Vegas intro.

One thing I could use as a guide would be a weaknesses table, I spend way to much sp trying to figure out shadow weakness.

Sadly there isn't any online resource.

Yeah, I wish I could find a guide that only has all of the Personas and which skills they unlock. I've never liked how future unlockable skills are listed as a '?' in these games. I'd prefer to have all of the info up front, so I can plan which Personas or social links to focus on if I'm really interested in acquiring X skill or know ahead of time if I'm wasting my time levelling a creature up all the way because the final skill it gets is worthless.

I wouldn't mind a good guide on Personas on their skills, or even my prospective waifu options, but I'm a little apprehensive about searching for any of that for fear of inadvertently spoiling something else.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
if it had a revolver i would say yes, but this just seams like "generic badass soldier attire".

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
It's about exploration. Why make it easier to be able to plan all stuff in advance?

Last edited:
*shrug* The same reason one might plan out their S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats in order to have access to certain perks at the end of the game. I get the appeal of flying by the seat of your pants when it comes to fusions, but I just prefer to be a little bit more deliberate in the process. If I'm trying to get access to something like Growth 2 ASAP, I want to know what I need to fuse in order to get it. Especially when resummoning Personas has a monetary cost, so fucking around and experimenting can get expensive.

I'm not interested in spoilers about the plot, bosses, etc. But I do like to have a gameplan with my character building.

Red Rogue

Learned
I learned a lesson today.
Don't fuck around with the time limit.

I'm at 20 hrs and just beat the first dungeon, had to redo the entire thing because I procrastinated, took more nights than planned, and sent the calling card with 1 day to expulsion. I'm an idiot.

All reviews I've read avoided analysing mechanics in details, guyz how's with that?

After fusion is there a 100% freedom of which skills you wanna transfer SMT4 way or with some randomness like in Nocturne?
Are there any new features or maybe some dumbing down? Buffs / debuffs can be cast only once like in previous Personas or moar times like in proper SMTs?

Only week left for me to start playing.

Hyperion

Arcane
I've hardly played, but I know you can choose inheritable skills. I'm assuming the 'accidents' still exist, so save beforehand if it's that big of a deal for you. I read you can sacrifice Personas as well, which inherits skills at random. I don't remember if that was in previous games, it may have been. Think there's a way to manipulate weaknesses / resistances as well.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
After fusion is there a 100% freedom of which skills you wanna transfer SMT4 way or with some randomness like in Nocturne?
Are there any new features or maybe some dumbing down? Buffs / debuffs can be cast only once like in previous Personas or moar times like in proper SMTs?

One buff / debuff is still in as that seems to be how they want it in the Persona games. As far as dumbing down goes, there are more different types of status ailments and damage types than in P3 & 4. Nuclear is back in, Guns are back in obviously and there's Psychic from Devil Summoner as well.
The Light / Dark spells aren't restricted to only Hama and Mudo. They have damage dealing spells again now so they aren't shit and useless.
Time management has been made tighter as there is less free time than in P3 & 4, so you can't fuck around too much. You have think more of what you do with your time. Leveling some S.Links to max rank will add in some special features that can be used to save time from doing certain activities, effectively giving you more time to do more shit. S.Links in general are a lot more interesting now as they add some useful abilities and things for you to do.
So far I've not seen any evidence of dumbing down, only improving on what was already a good concept and adding more depth.

One important rule of thumb I forgot with regards to S.Links, which I forget in *every* Persona game is that

having a Persona in your stable that matches the Arcana you're levelling gives bonus points. At least I didn't get halfway through the game before remembering that.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
One important rule of thumb I forgot with regards to S.Links, which I forget in *every* Persona game is that

having a Persona in your stable that matches the Arcana you're levelling gives bonus points. At least I didn't get halfway through the game before remembering that.
They tell you that. At least they did in P4.

Cromwell

Arcane

They tell you that. At least they did in P4.

for P5 they dont or I must have forgotten it but I think not.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
What was the reason to make the Mementos theme so fucking repetitive? Who thought it was a good idea to have a 5 second sound bite on an infinite loop in a randomized dungeon?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
What was the reason to make the Mementos theme so fucking repetitive? Who thought it was a good idea to have a 5 second sound bite on an infinite loop in a randomized dungeon?
Persona games are about pain.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom