Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Persona 5

Caim

Arcane
So apparently you can date your teacher in P5. Finally, Atlus gets it. Best girl confirmed.
Should've been in Persona 4 as well. She was as hot as she was crazy and old, craving attention so that she would not have to come to term with her loneliness. What starts off as hot dickings from a guy a third her age ends with him talking and fucking some sense into her, redeeming her through the power of love and cock.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Jap ver is out

Jap reviews state the main story alone is 90 hours long......... :shredder:

Deflowerer

Arcane
Just came back from Tokyo Game Show, where Atlus developers (I think) demo'd this game through a few dungeons. I don't know if I saw anything that hasn't already been reported in games media, because I haven't been following news of this game. But I was happy to see that the enemies were mostly actual demons from the SMT franchise and not just stupid filler shadow-things, which I never really cared for in P3 and 4.

Oddly I don't remember, in the 20-30 minutes of the time I spent staring at the booth, the devs ever using the Persona command in battle.

I wonder if having actual demons means they now have updated HD demon asset base, so maybe, maybe we can get decent Megaten spinoffs/new series shit again.

A man can dream ... :negative:

Malpercio

Arcane
So apparently you can date your teacher in P5. Finally, Atlus gets it. Best girl confirmed.
Should've been in Persona 4 as well. She was as hot as she was crazy and old, craving attention so that she would not have to come to term with her loneliness. What starts off as hot dickings from a guy a third her age ends with him talking and fucking some sense into her, redeeming her through the power of love and cock.

If you replace "teacher" with "Tali" and Persona 5 and 4 with ME2 and 1 this reads like a Bioware forum post.

Perkel

Arcane
That's more or less how long it took me to beat P3 & 4 with the true ending.

I just beat Persona 4 Golden and it took me 65 hours.
Persona 3 about 80 hours.

Still more hours =/= better. Especially in Persona 3 where there was huge amount of really media-core filler.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Turns out this is the fastest selling Atlus game ever. It sold 337k units in its first week in Japan.

Deflowerer

Arcane
The waifu thirst is real.

Interestingly enough, first Persona did 300k+ as well in the first week back in the day.

In any case, not that big of an improvement on P4 if the sales are gonna drop hard next week, since it took longer and presumably the budget was larger as well. All sorts of tie in animu and music incoming.

If not Drakengard 3 to finish I would have been trying Japanese version right now, can't fucking wait 'till February, it may be last of the greates jrpgs of all time. Doesn't count on this gaem surpassing Nocturne, Raidou 2 or Strange Journey but still, it has a chance for being the best Persona title.

As far as new waifus go, vote for Hifumi Togo :bounce:

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
it might be the last AAA turn based game we will ever see, unless it does very well on sales and they will make persona 6 on ps 5

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
It had amazing first week sales in Japan. But considering the effort they put in... Atlus might hit the same barrier as some developers. High end games needs to spend a lot of effort on GFX and stuff. And the return rate is slower.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I'm not sure if Atlus even intends on making a profit with Persona 5. With all the assets they made for this game they might have plans on reusing them to make more SMT games on home consoles and make profit that way. We're due another real SMT on a real console and not making one after going to the trouble to create new demon models would be a wasted opportunity.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Game is delayed to April 4th. Will include the Japanese voices DLC will be free at launch.

tet666

Augur
Game is delayed to April 4th. Will include the Japanese voices DLC will be free at launch.

To be expected dirty Gaijins can be glad if they get it at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom