Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Persona 5

SuperSonicGd

Literate
Sounds like it'll live up too Persona 4 which I did very much enjoy. My only real complaint was the one girl I actually wanted to waifu up I couldn't. Nanako was so moe.

Martius

Liturgist
Both ps3 and ps4 will be in English. So far it there is no information about pc version, knowing Atlus it wont be soon if at all.

Nostaljaded

Savant
While there's a shortie (~1.4m) playable character,
Wpjz62R.png

hope there's a likeable imouto like Nanako and dungeons are not just designed as gimmicky long corridors.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
what the fuck japan is getting this in september and rest of world in february 2017 what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Martius

Liturgist
For Europe its actually big improvement since we used to wait much longer for already done english version.

tet666

Augur
what the fuck japan is getting this in september and rest of world in february 2017 what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Atlus management hates dirty Gaijins with a passion especially pc gamers everyone knows only perverts would use such a device outside of work so be glad you can get the game at all.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Ok, guys, after checking some gameplay vids and music samples, I'm convinced that it will be better than P3-4, which means I'll give it a try someday.

Come on, just look at this:
w4PIM3K.png
9fzYju0.png

You must be an absolutely tasteless faggot to dislike this shit.

Last edited:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I heard only small desperate part leaked. Normally it's 5 CDs in FLAC.

Official release date is tomorrow, thus we would need to wait few more days. (BTW song names are pretty spoily.)

Last edited:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Also if you want to become spoiled and don't know Japanese... https://www.twitch.tv/krispykaiser/v/89477645

There is SERIOUS butthurt from Atlus. Atlustube is taking down one stream after another for copyright claim. You wanna lets play, you better prepare yourself on being banned or filling counter takedown notice...

Really, they are insane.

Now, there are streams where streamer says:
Guys I have nice news and bad news. The nice news is I got water. The bad news is I still don't know Japanese.
And there are streams where streamer was banned from Twitch (well he was banned because he streamed countdown until release), moved to Youtube, was unbanned from Twitch, but then was banned on Youtube (because of Atlus complain), and youtube had nothing better to do than delete his first 8 hours of recording. And he knew Japanese, and he was spending effort to translate everything.

Edit: After spending whole Friday to find a translated beginning of P5, I was not successful. I seen however many people who desperately tried to play hard mode of P5 without knowing Japanese.

Also probably it's not spoiler, but in first 30 minutes - 2 hours you'd see main character getting into three different prisons. Like jailed. (And social links have French named kickass cards.)

Last edited:

megidolaon

Kyoto Cybernetics
Developer
Just came back from Tokyo Game Show, where Atlus developers (I think) demo'd this game through a few dungeons. I don't know if I saw anything that hasn't already been reported in games media, because I haven't been following news of this game. But I was happy to see that the enemies were mostly actual demons from the SMT franchise and not just stupid filler shadow-things, which I never really cared for in P3 and 4.

Oddly I don't remember, in the 20-30 minutes of the time I spent staring at the booth, the devs ever using the Persona command in battle.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom