Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Persona 4: Golden

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
P4G has been the best selling Persona game so far. That's saying something considering that it's only on Vita, and not even being a completely new game.

wow, this is awesome!

Persona 4 Golden, a Vita-exclusive port of the super popular PlayStation 2 JRPG, has so far shipped 700,000 copies, and includes digital download purchases as well as retail purchases.

700 000? is it that much? it's not even a million copies

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
It's set to release winter 2014 in Japan. I guess it's possible that it will be released in the west at the same time, but it would be a first for the Persona games. Most likely it will be available here in early/mid 2015.
Yeah, I know. I just want to get some info about the game this year.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Now join the wait for 5!
yep, it's a shame there is no info except the teaser, though the game release is set to the end of this year

It's set to release winter 2014 in Japan. I guess it's possible that it will be released in the west at the same time, but it would be a first for the Persona games. Most likely it will be available here in early/mid 2015.

The Persona games entail far too much localization work for a simultaneous release. You never know, though.

P4G has been the best selling Persona game so far. That's saying something considering that it's only on Vita, and not even being a completely new game.

wow, this is awesome!

Persona 4 Golden, a Vita-exclusive port of the super popular PlayStation 2 JRPG, has so far shipped 700,000 copies, and includes digital download purchases as well as retail purchases.

Considering we're talking about a top selling PS2 remake on an under represented handheld, it's quite a lot.

Last edited:

Blackguard

Learned

These are not exactly blockbuster titles. So yeah, 700k is a lot. Here's article from 6 months (NA) - year (JP) after Persona 4 release. By that point P4 had sold 410k copies in those two areas, and Atlus had actually expected much lower sales numbers!

Martius

Liturgist
Come on, this is Atlus. They are making and releasing such games since they were founded in 1987. Although they have their own division in USA which translates and releases games there and a lot of their titles have some form of reused assets.They know for sure how to keep budget low enough, unlike most big publishers and developers right now.

The Persona games entail far too much localization work for a simultaneous release. You never know, though.
Well Shin Megami Tensei 4 is first mainline game with voice acting and NA release was only months later after Japan. I just hope Persona5 wont be region locked like Arena or Atlus will finally start releasing their games in Europe.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Come on, this is Atlus. They are making and releasing such games since they were founded in 1987. Although they have their own division in USA which translates and releases games there and a lot of their titles have some form of reused assets.They know for sure how to keep budget low enough, unlike most big publishers and developers right now.
Thanks, didn't know but now I'm relieved. I've noticed a lot of soundwork the same in P3 and P4, and the same engine, and the same shadow models. Though P5 will have a new engine, I believe it was made by Atlus itself.

Martius

Liturgist
Thanks, didn't know but now I'm relieved. I've noticed a lot of soundwork the same in P3 and P4, and the same engine, and the same shadow models. Though P5 will have a new engine, I believe it was made by Atlus itself.
Yeah, I suppose new engine could look like something they used in Catherine. After P5 they could always use it for more games, just like they did on ps2 with Nocturne.
All Atlus ps2 game uses same models too. Personas in P3 and 4 are actually demons/enemies from Shin Megami Tensei 3 and Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2 on ps2.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, I suppose new engine could look like something they used in Catherine. After P5 they could always use it for more games, just like they did on ps2 with Nocturne.
All Atlus ps2 game uses same models too. Personas in P3 and 4 are actually demons/enemies from Shin Megami Tensei 3 and Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2 on ps2.
wow, they do really know how to lower their budgets:keepmyjewgold:

Atlus used Gamebryo engine for Catherine. And it won't be used for P5.

Martius

Liturgist
wow, they do really know how to lower their budgets:keepmyjewgold:

Atlus used Gamebryo engine for Catherine. And it won't be used for P5.
I think I forgot about two Devil Summoners games on ps2. Most of SMT games also uses similar turn based combat, usually with some twist depending on which spin-off it is.
I knew about Gamebyro, I meant it more in case of graphics styles. Catherine had that 3d, maybe cellshaded graphics or just trying to imitate anime/cartoons. Anyway everything should be step up after ps2 and handhelds games.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
There's an optional boss. Well, that's P4. I never played The Golden so I don't know if that has any extras.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Golden has some extra stuff (2 social links, new persona, new dungeon, etc), but I don't think any of it is exclusive to NG+.
Yes, I know about Golden bonus content, but it seems there is no exclusive stuff for NG+.

Still playing P4G once again is awesome. I love the game:love:.

Besides I didn't kill the most final boss on the first walkthrough.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Golden has some extra stuff (2 social links, new persona, new dungeon, etc), but I don't think any of it is exclusive to NG+.
Yes, I know about Golden bonus content, but it seems there is no exclusive stuff for NG+.

You can't go for Margaret nor create izanagi-no-okami on your first playthrough, so yeah. There is.

Also you get to mix-max the difficulty to your liking.

StaticSpine Forgot that you need to have gone the true end route in your previous playthrough to unlock izanagi-no-okami

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
P4G + PS TV or just don't bother and emulate the ps2 version ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom