Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress persianronin's Journey to Make Nottm Forest Great Again (FM2008 LP)

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism
Nottingham Forest is one of the oldest football clubs of England. Founded in 1865 and it's nearly 151 years old! Their golden age was in late 80's when they won the European cup two times in a row alongside with their first ever premier league cup.
Brian Clough's team did a wonderful job at beating Malmo and Hamburg in the European cup's finals.

back2backchampions.jpg

trevor_francis_goal_art_print.jpg

The goal of this career is to restore the glory of Nottm Forest and achieving what Clough won with this team. Two European cup + 1 First Division championship.

Nottm Forest is currently a medicore team in the league 1. And my career starts from here....

TY7ZBHb.png

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
FM 2008?

I just won a copy FM 2016, I wonder if the game's better than the 2011 edition I have.

What's changed during the iterations?

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
First Season
2007-2008

Finally! I managed to get promoted to the Championship. But i ended up 2th in league mostly due to my shitty signings and struggling to find the right tactic. It's just the beginning....

Season Transfers
gAlZ1g8.png
yes i signed Andrew Cole

Nottingham Forest just won their first Johnstone's Paint Trophy under my management!
1hBXqce.png

League Table
t3E63r0.png

Just +4 points and i could have became champion :negative:

But at least i got straight promotion.

Players Overview
hIRB7hm.png

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Tactics: I tried many tactics but in near the end of the season this was the most stble one.
Mids hold the ball and strikers create many chances for eachother.

DGu01Nx.png

FEX6cL7.png

Key players:
ZqmmNgy.png
EokO5l9.png

YiHV3Qf.png

Neil Lennon still playing wow. Classic target man/poacher combo ideal for classic 442

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Well, the second season is finished. It wasn't what i expected and i didn't even reach play-offs. I dealt with a disastrous injury crisis but still managed to finish mid-table. :notbad:

League Table:
OEJaaS2l.jpg

Season Overview:
Yes, my topscorer was a 37 years old man.
XPgnwDMl.jpg

Tactics:
I tried many tactics but this was the best one who saved my ass during late-season. Typical Dutch 4-3-3 with a creative striker.

JRqOYRll.jpg

(Light Nigger is Nathan Dyer)
Z05jTiAl.jpg

Transfers:
This season i relied mostly on experienced free agents. They work pretty fine and even better than my expensive signings! I couldn't sign any better players with such low budget.
NhkNmafl.jpg

Players to Watch:

tkuvmoel.jpg

YPtMT9Dl.jpg

This Cohen dude has fascinated me. He can play well as a left-back, playmaker, box-to-box mid and left winger. But he is more useful in Central Midfielder position.
tylW5iNl.jpg

Still a long way to go....

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
Did Forest myself a few times when I was know as Lord Clough. Did Villa too.

Like the players you brought in but who is the Sunderland chap - can we see his stats?

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
Play FM 2007 instead. I've played that one for about 9 years now, although I don't play it as often these days. It has demonstrably impacted my academic performance and it never crashed once as far as I can recall.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom