Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Perkel mod compilation for TW3

Perkel

Arcane
-------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------

So we all know TW3 has some problems with game-play design

It has non scaled enemies but scaled gear.
Better gear require better resources which can only be obtained via harder quests and monsters or pure luck (when low level) and yet require lvl (lol why ?)
When you explore you can find equipment you can't equip for next 20 hours.
Skills are gained and you can aquire them only by setting them up in slots which are unlocked again by lvl
Potions last seconds and are refilled via only one alcohol bottle even if you used all potions bombs etc.
Starting witcher gear is absolute garbage and any armor is better than it.
Because of above you need to grind quests and stuff for lvl just to equip some sword or put skill you bought already into skill slot (sic!)
Monster above your level cheat. They get huuuuuge hp boost and damage reduction.
Crapton of garbage loot like rope ladders, pieces of paper etc.
There are other problems but those above are essential to gameplay and imo most important ones.

I spend whole day on nexus trying to find out what best mods there are to re balance and change TW3 gameplay for better.
This lead to many hours of modding and testing and after almost 15 hours of game-play with mods i choose i finally think i "fixed" for most part TW3 gameplay.

------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------

Package you will download will give you:

- no loot lvl restrictions. Equip anything you have or you can make.
- potions, oils and bombs need to be refilled now individually and will require resources for that, you can use alchemy only via meditation
- Potions last minutes now, same with food and decocions. Price is limited use overuse is expensive !
- all skills you aquire are used at once, you don't need to put them in skill slots
- all skill slots unlocked from start
- meditation require campfire and be in non dangerous place. If you don't have campfire near you will automake campfire if you have timber in your inventory (easily available via shoppers everywhere). NORMAL MEDITATION DISABLED (READ README HOW TO USE MEDITATION AND FOR KEYBINDING)
- only important loot. Most of crap loot is gone and when you will see something highlighted you will know it will contains something worthwhile and not 1001 rope ladder.
- thropies as well as skills, decocions and potions rebalanced. Each trophy now does something worthwhile.
- damage values, armor levels and so on rebalanced a bit. No sponges now and lower level monster now can kill you.
- HUD will autohide when not needed
- Geralt won't auto sheete swords now.
- You can zoom out map as much as you want
- No retarded zoom and color change when you use witcher senses and witcher senses have longer reach
- you get skill points : 2 skill points per lvl till lvl 10 , 1 skill point per level till 50, 50+ you get 0 skill points for lvl
- other quality of life enhancements.

So this changed game from GET DA LVL BRUH to rewards focused more on exploration and quests. Game still has progression as resources and diagrams you need to find don't grow on trees and more valuable ones like Dimitrium can be found once or twice every 5-10 hours if not more or low level. Money now is harder to get because most of crap loot is gone.

Changes to balance of game also flattened a bit combat. No longer you will be killed like nothing by 5 lvl more than you monster and you will no longer stand and watch monsters hitting you when they are 5 lvls below you.

Thanks to it you can now try high level quests and monster hunts while being low level. It just means it will be waaay harder but possible unlike vanilla where monster cheated.
With this you can also go to Skellige in matter of hour of two (mainly due to gold not gear) and first gear will last you for few levels.

For example i am now 15 hours in game and i still rock in unupgraded starting witcher armor as diagrams i find are worse than my witcher gear. It is weak as fuck now but due to changes made to mosters even with shitty armor now you have chance to win fights and not being one shotted.

----------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------

REQUIREMENTS:

- new game. You can technically use old saves but ton of things won't work unless you start new game.
- not being faggot

FILES (1mb)

How to install it is in README. Basically copy paste in 3 places and nothing more.

Last edited:

Neanderthal

Arcane
Fuck me, even though i'm far too old to do that Yoof brofisting thing, I fucking would do if I could. This answers almost every problem I had wi game, you're a man o means sir.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Fuck me, even though i'm far too old to do that Yoof brofisting thing, I fucking would do if I could. This answers almost every problem I had wi game, you're a man o means sir.
Let me brofist him for you.

Jinn

Arcane
Really enjoying this mod pack a lot, Perkel! Thanks a lot for throwing it together for us.

For anyone looking for what was missing the first time they tried The Witcher 3, give this a whirl. Adds a lot of challenge and some nice little subtle changes that improve the game quite a bit.

Last edited:

Idiott

Arcane
Also a tip regarding naming saves, as I recall someone that wanted a mod to do that (can't be bothered to search):

You can change names of save files and thumbnails in the save catalog (documents/the witcher 3/savegames by default). It will show the new file name in the game, ignoring upper case.

Why haven't they made it into an in-game option, I have no idea.

Last edited:

Biscotti

Arbiter
Patron
Took a quick peek at the nexus myself and noticed another overhaul called School of the Roach. Seems to make almost exactly the same changes your mod compilation does in terms of balance.
Has anyone tried it out? Wouldn't be the first time a massive overhaul added a lot of questionable shit, especially coming from the nexus.

Tigranes

Arcane
So I'm enjoying Perkel's mod pack, having reached Novigrad now / Level 10.

It most definitely makes the game easier. But it also lets you run into death skull monsters and try your hand at killing them without doing 2 damage per hit.
So I'm enjoying not having to look up quests by level or avoid high level monsters all the time, and try my luck when I feel confident.

It also changes the feeling of weapon/armour upgrades from "next level I can wear X" to finding the raw materials and schematics, which sometimes means heading to high level areas to get the high level loot. Again, makes the game easier in the long run, but the journey is more fun.

Perkel

Arcane
So I'm enjoying Perkel's mod pack, having reached Novigrad now / Level 10.

It most definitely makes the game easier. But it also lets you run into death skull monsters and try your hand at killing them without doing 2 damage per hit.
So I'm enjoying not having to look up quests by level or avoid high level monsters all the time, and try my luck when I feel confident.

It also changes the feeling of weapon/armour upgrades from "next level I can wear X" to finding the raw materials and schematics, which sometimes means heading to high level areas to get the high level loot. Again, makes the game easier in the long run, but the journey is more fun.

That is the point imo.

Monsters even at lvl1 are deadly to you and starting gear should be rather good for first few hours. Getting really good stuff should be reward not some Oh i found lvl 20 diagram so i can't fucking use it for next xx hours.

Yes there will be times when you will be able to dispatch enemies with ease and question is why it shouldn't happen ? I mean you imroved yourself and why suddenly you need to be pushed by some weak bandits for sake of fake progression.

As you already noticed game does provide you stuff to use your sword on even if you have really good equipment but tricky part is to find them and this is where game mashes well with source material. You wanderin' around to find job and find hard stuff. Normal people aren't challenge for a mutant.

Personally i would almost completely flatten damage and armor so that best sword from worst would be like 2x difference not 5 or 7. Though i can't mod for shit.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
School of the Roach
This actually sounds really good based on the description, especially if it actually manages to increase the difficulty level like it says it will. Too bad it doesn't seem to touch on the itemization at all aside from removing the level requirements.

I could somewhat stand the nonsensical mechanics if the game maintained some semblance of difficulty after level 8 or so, and for me increasing the overall difficulty is vital for any mod to be really worth it. By the time you reach Novigrad, you can steamroll anything, and aside from a couple of boss fights only the skull monsters occasionally provide an interesting challenge.

typical user

Arbiter
Death March Eredin is Bullshit IMO. He can make impossible to dodge combo killing you in process. I had to load 20 times because how retarded and buffed enemy he was. Shame there isn't a mod that removes ridiculous blocks and counter attacks for enemies. You are legendary White Wolf whirling your sword like crazy pumped up with elixirs and some idiot without shirt can withstand your precise attacks ans block next ones until his stamina bar depletes so he gets hit and suddenly he has full stamina bar. Ugh, shame you can't brute-force enemies and they can't dodge but stun you and in case of end game bosses kill you in two strikes because of broken hit boxes. Rest is just trash past level 15 unless it has godmode if 6 levels higher.

Cadmus

Arcane
yes there is nothing good about vanilla system
dude the download isn't working for me, is there a less retarded website you could put it on, please?

MEGA something changed from account perspective and did some weird things to links.
Try this one and tell me if it works. I will PM mod to change link to file

https://mega.nz/#!GNxlhaIZ
requires a decryption key

will it work with the 1.11 patch and the expansion?

Perkel

Arcane
[QU

OTE="Cadmus, post: 4263043, member: 17681"]
dude the download isn't working for me, is there a less retarded website you could put it on, please?

MEGA something changed from account perspective and did some weird things to links.

will it work with the 1.11 patch and the expansion?[/QUOTE]

This one then:
https://mega.nz/#!GNxlhaIZ!XNwK6XWu25YGHwvlOHXbYYKPMVEvD2yy4PcYNFkG018

yeah it works with both as all of changes are made to systems. Also i never used NExus after that so maybe there is better compilation by now by someone.

Cadmus

Arcane
[QU

This one then:

yeah it works with both as all of changes are made to systems. Also i never used NExus after that so maybe there is better compilation by now by someone.[/QUOTE]
thanks but it just says error if I click download through browser... am I supposed to get the application for syncing to get it?

Cadmus

Arcane
[QU

This one then:

yeah it works with both as all of changes are made to systems. Also i never used NExus after that so maybe there is better compilation by now by someone.
thanks but it just says error if I click download through browser... am I supposed to get the application for syncing to get it?[/QUOTE]
still not working gives temporary error retrying again and again

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom