Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline PC or PS4, please convince me

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
By "Russian prices", do you mean The Pirate Bay?

Siobhan

Arbiter
Somewhat related question since I'm getting myself a desktop this fall (sick of X220 + docking station): are there any current or upcoming RPGs or strategy games that a gtx 750 ti won't be able to run at 1440p/30fps? No AA, and settings can be fairly low. I can only think of Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 (plus maybe Legend of Grimrock 2?), and I'm not at all interested in those two.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Buy one of these instead:

M67b.jpg

Pull the pin and wait.

80Maxwell08

Arcane
I'm going to say wait a year or half a year and look at your options again. By then you will see if any of you games you are going to buy will have a bunch of DLC or not. Then you can get the GOTY editions of what you want.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Just hold onto the money. Buying a console this early is a waste of cash, as I can list all the worthwhile (announced) exclusives with one hand. In 3 to 4 years when the games pile up then maybe. Perhaps a PC game will come out in that allotted time that outclasses your current specs.

Konjad

⛏
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Get a console if there is enough games you'd like to play on it and PC games you want to play run on your hardware.

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Ok so I will hold on to my money and buy a new PC when Witcher 3 comes out. Seems to be the best option.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Console exclusives are always shit so why bother with one? Also you don't need a Gigabyte Sniper mobo, just grab a lower end model for like $100.

Gregz

Arcane
I actually gave serious consideration to buying a console yesterday because I can't play Dark Souls with the crap KB/mouse interface. :(

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Console exclusives are always shit so why bother with one? Also you don't need a Gigabyte Sniper mobo, just grab a lower end model for like $100.

The Last of Us is supposedly the best piece of art created in the past 20 years.

I actually gave serious consideration to buying a console yesterday because I can't play Dark Souls with the crap KB/mouse interface. :(

git gud

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
1. Use keyboard only.
2. If that fails simply buy controller for PC, or look at pages where they explain how to connect dual shock 3 to PC.
3. git gut.

Gregz

Arcane
They have mods that you can install so you can use a kb/mouse at Nexus mods.

Well, for the 3rd time I buckled down and decided to make this work.

This video was very helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8jyHbWIawE

It took me about 40 minutes of googling/thinking to realize I had a joystick in the other room at full throttle, and this was why my character was constantly running :roll:

So, after the 6 hour nightmare of trial and error, debugging, version incompatibility, and everything else...I am finally playing Dark Souls, and it's already looking like a very good game.

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
If PS4 - wait for redesign(so wobbling is gone) and price cut, also games. If PC - wait for new games too see how much money you have to put into it to run them on high at 120fps, ofc. get 120 hz monitor on top of that.
Either way, wait.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom