Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Preview PC Gaming Show at E3 2017: BattleTech Campaign Preview

Discussion in 'RPG News & Content' started by Infinitron, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Make America Great Again Infinitron Trade Master Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Click here and disable ads!
    Tags: BattleTech; Harebrained Schemes; Jordan Weisman; Mitch Gitelman

This year's E3 press conferences haven't been very relevant to the Codex compared to previous ones. With their RPG franchises on hiatus, BioWare are now focused on Anthem, their new Destiny clone. Despite rumors to the contrary, Bethesda also had no RPGs to announce, and the most interesting thing their conference had to offer was Dishonored: Death of the Outsider, an unexpected Dishonored 2 standalone expansion. Today's PC Gaming Show was as dull and poorly paced as ever, but at least it had some actual Codexian games on display, chief among them Harebrained Schemes' BattleTech. This year, both Jordan Weisman and Mitch Gitelman showed up to offer an early glimpse at the game's single player campaign, including the Argo DropShip that will serve as the player's base of operations. The full segment can be viewed here. PC Gamer have helpfully split out the two gameplay bits:

There was more to see at the PC Gaming Show, including the announcement of Griftlands, a fun-looking turn-based RPG from hotshot indie developer Klei Entertainment, and the obligatory annual appearance by Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord. For all you strategyheads, there was also a new XCOM 2 expansion pack called XCOM 2: War of the Chosen and Age of Empires: Definitive Edition, an HD rerelease of the original. On the other hand, despite their known presence at E3, there was nothing from Obsidian or inXile. Whatever they have to show, they'll be doing it independently.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • meh meh x 2
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Aenra The Invisible Empire Patron

Aenra
    Parrots:
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
    Will remind that the least amount money spent for a booth/presentation at something like E3 is 30 grand. Yes, $30,000. Least.
    *edit: 2014 figure, can't say what it is now.
    Will also remind that this is money amounting to nothing, fuck all, gameplay-related.

/back to watch-mode

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Aenra The Invisible Empire Patron

Aenra
    Parrots:
    Hoaxmetal tell us why too, don't be a Facebook retard. At least not here.

^ Top  
  4. CRD Learned Patron

CRD
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    ¿Do you think they paid for the presentation? I think that pcgamer are starved for things to show to think about asking for money. Also at least past years the show was made on a theater not inside the E3.

^ Top  
  5. Aenra The Invisible Empire Patron

Aenra
    Parrots:
    Starting with the former, if so, good to know; point still stands however.
    Moving to the latter, i'm not sure i understand what you're saying.. why would PCGamer ask for money? Are you saying this is what i implied (did not)? Or are you expressing an opinion? Because yet again, i don't think that's how it works :)

^ Top  
  6. CRD Learned Patron

CRD
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    My bad.

I read you as a complain to Harebrained because they expend at least 30K on this. Then I just asked if this would apply for any game presentation on the E3, I mean booking space on the main foor can have a huge cost but making a video so can be played on pcgamer, sony, or whatever event should be free.

Even if pcgamer booked a stage inside the E3, unless they asked for money to the developers to show their games, I can't see how harebrained spent that money.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    ^ Top  
  7. Pentagon Novice

Pentagon
    Parrots:
    Bannerlord looks really slick. Definitely the game I'm most excited for 2017/2018. Warband was the first PC game I ever played all the way till dawn.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. Iznaliu Learned

Iznaliu
    Parrots:
    This looks really well done; I'm definitely looking forwards to this.

^ Top  
  9. KyivAfter12am Learned

KyivAfter12am
    Parrots:
    BattleTech looks great! Maybe it's the MechWarrior nostalgia speaking, but I can't wait to play it.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. polo Savant

polo
    Parrots:
    Looks a lot like MechCommander, me wants.

^ Top  
  11. Crescent Hawk Savant

Crescent Hawk
    Parrots:
    Bannerlord was also the only game which did not feature sassy black women, or lesbian asian amputee battle scarred transsexual representation of people or some new fangled shit that passes as political drivel these days.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. flabbyjack Arcane

flabbyjack
    Parrots:
    I was so excited for a Battletech game... then I learned it was a strategy game.

Need more games like Mechwarrior.

• decline x 2
    • Salute x 2
    • butthurt x 1
    • retadred x 1
    • Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. twincast Learned In My Safe Space

twincast
    Parrots:
    ...MechWarrior 5 is in development as well.

How mechwarriory it'll be is anyone's guess at this point, though.

• Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)