Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview PC Gaming Show at E3 2016: Tyranny Gameplay Reveal Trailer

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Can't imagine it being any worse than PoE. At least they aren't trying to make everything generic.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
The graphics/artwork looks alright, but still waiting to see some actual gameplay.

I posted this in the other thread:

86HYShUAeF2yA.gif

Put this gif on loop for 20 to 25 hours, and you should have a reasonable approximation of the final product. Plus some dialogues and such.
Inspired by

Main-Banner.jpg

Unwanted

Endlösung

Unwanted
Can't imagine it being any worse than PoE. At least they aren't trying to make everything generic.
FOR CENTURIES CAIROS THE OVERLORD HAS CONQUERED THE KNOWN WORLD

Fantasy is fucking retarded, all the way.

Thought occurred to me right now that AoD's setting clashes with the power armor and magixs and buddha statues of doom.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Still, something tells me this will be better received than PoE.

I think it'll be lovely if it isn't better received, as numerous Codexers finally face the fact that it's not some mysterious "Sawyerism" that turned them off of PoE, but the simple fact that it featured more active ability use than the Infinity Engine games did. Cooldowns, baby, cooldowns.

Although, maybe with just four party members they'll be able to handle that better.

"Numerous Codexers" aren't the compromising type. They can deny anything.

FOR CENTURIES CAIROS THE OVERLORD HAS CONQUERED THE KNOWN WORLD

Fantasy is fucking retarded, all the way.

Thought occurred to me right now that AoD's setting clashes with the power armor and magixs and buddha statues of doom.

Fantasy setting where evil Overlord actually conquered everything (or anything at all) are quite rare. There's Midnight setting and Mistborn but not much else. Darksun maybe also fits. A big step-up from "Jolly band of adventurers stops evil maniac and his evil minions from doing something unspeakably evil". Of course there is a slight chance that the player will be forced to see the light and join some kind of good like in a fucking jRPG but for now I hope it won't happen.

Unwanted

Endlösung

Unwanted
Fantasy setting where evil Overlord actually conquered everything (or anything at all) are quite rare.
Its mighty generous to call generic fantasy with with an lawful evil (superior Obshitian writing will make him lawful neutral... for character development!), ruling "overlord" not generic.

mutonizer

Arcane
Patron
Oh my god, I had no clue taleworlds was on E3. They finally showed a siege gameplay!

Looks fucking sweet. Can't wait.

Freya's cunt, thank you!
I was about to comment "meh, ..." on the Tyranny reveal and be gone with a mean snarl about a declining world, but that damn Bannerlord video was a thing of beauty and put a smile on my face instead.

That's what happened in Mistborn. :M

Mistborn starts as a story about rebellion. Tranny is advertised as a game where you supposedly serve evil lord.

Its mighty generous to call generic fantasy with with an lawful evil (superior Obshitian writing will make him lawful neutral... for character development!), ruling "overlord" not generic.

Not really. As I've said before it's not a setting done very often in fantasy game. I don't really remember a game with a similar setup. There were some where evil overlords "won" but they never had PCs as his minions.

Unwanted

Endlösung

Unwanted
There's Midnight setting and Mistborn but not much else. Darksun maybe also fits. A big step-up from "Jolly band of adventurers stops evil maniac and his evil minions from doing something unspeakably evil".
Its not a big step up, thats my point. The setting is generic fantasy, that it has an evil overlord does not make it kewl. Low standards, low energy.
If you play Sarevok and win, does not make Sword Coast non generic original unique.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Still doing the robot run I see. A low priority to change.

Courtesy of Urquhart - the man is too soft on his employees and doesn't know where to draw a line. Obsidian animation department is utter trash - he should've forced them to gid gud or fired them a long time ago.

You are talking out of your ass.
Urquhart is one of the most obnoxious bosses anyone could ever have as clearly seen/heard in the project eternity closing party live feed on Twitch TV.

When Avellone says "I wish I could wipe out my short term memory" after Urquhart barked "No, fuck you!" at his employees (that worked on South Park rpg) and that thought the party was for everyone or they overstayed their welcome, you know something is really messed up with the guy.

Fairfax

Arcane
When Avellone says "I wish I could wipe out my short term memory" after Urquhart barked "No, fuck you!" at his employees (that worked on South Park rpg) and that thought the party was for everyone or they overstayed their welcome, you know something is really messed up with the guy.
What?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I can't honestly for the life of me, under-fucking-stand how people can think Fail And Blade DEUXX looks good.

It looks so fucking banal boring shit that I have a hard time describing how shit it looks. Sigh. Is that really what the KODEX gobbles up? LeL.

Tranny looks shit, too. Unsurprisingly.

Mozg

Arcane
Everything in M&B besides the gigantic effort sinkhole of sieges seems to have been basically unchanged since like 2005.

Mozg

Arcane
Inform me bro. AFAICT all the basic mechanics seem the same. The way melee works, the horsemanship, the shooting, the weapon selection, etc.

Zeriel

Arcane
Still, something tells me this will be better received than PoE.

I think it'll be lovely if it isn't better received, as numerous Codexers finally face the fact that it's not some mysterious "Sawyerism" that turned them off of PoE, but the simple fact that it featured more active ability use than the Infinity Engine games did. Cooldowns, baby, cooldowns.

Although, maybe with just four party members they'll be able to handle that better.

Sawyer is now in charge of setting game design imperatives for the whole studio, so your notion that that would change our opinion of Sawyer is rather naive at best.

Unwanted

Endlösung

Unwanted
I read a bit about Tranny and it does seem at least to try to be original. They dont have any elves! And the "evil" guys are the Dirty Dozen with Fantasy Powers that somehow depend on being Lawful. Cant say I like it but at least its a shtick attempt at being non generic fantasy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom