Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Payday 2 - acquired by Starbreeze, microtransactions removed!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Sounds good. Never bothered with the original because it seemed too much like a reskinned L4D.

Multi-headed Cow

I certainly enjoyed Payday and this sequel sounds kinda cool. Cautiously optimistic.

:takemyjewgold:

Though I played less of Payday than either the L4D games or Killing Floor. Not entirely sure why since it's pretty good. Maybe it's the rough difficulty that does me in. It's a bit more intense than the others.

Bruticis

Will buy solely to have Skyway bark at me in his thick Ukrainian accent to leave our fallen comrades and get to the escape point.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Will buy it for 4 buxx tops when it's on sale. They will probably charge for it as a finished full game lol

CorpseZeb

Learned
... but, it is somewhat easiest of all heists, however I like it too (because co-op'sy naughtiness of stealthiness rock). Now, heat street on the hard... that's another story...

Ps. I will look after Payday 2, with big hunk of optimism in the mind.

DAT

Educated
I HOPE THIS GAME ALSO HAS CALL OF DUTY LEVEL UPS, FUNNY INTERNET MEME MASKS, PRESS THE USE KEY TO DO EVERYTHING, CIVILIANS STANDING IN THE MIDDLE OF GUN FIRE, EMPTY SERVERS, AND COPS WITH PERFECT ACCURACY.

ALSO INCLUDE SHOUTING AT YOUR CREW TO COME WITH YOU OR TO HELP PICK YOUR FAT ASS UP.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
CDS peeps watched a stream and said it was basically the same game with little differences.

bert

Arcane
Just playing the beta atm.

it owns

Can you list the reasons why it's better than the first?

-More randomization in missions, in fact the whole layout of a bank is randomized everytime you play
-More weapon variety which leads me to my next point
-Good selection of upgrades and equipment to choose from, you can essentially pimp your gun out
-Can stealth through the heist missions and complete it without any bloodshed if you're good enough. It's more Thief than the new Thief!
-Bag pickups/drops add a new dynamic to the game
-You now have a safehouse that's not good for much at the moment
-Usually multiple ways of getting past doors/locks including lockpicking, C4, saw and of course the drill
-Missions can extend through multiple levels (up to 7), with a bigger pay off the longer it is.

CorpseZeb

Learned
Ulala, it seems that they enhanced the best element of the first PayDay (and some wish-to, like better stealth) in a very welcome direction. Looks like game's worth it's price.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
I got bored with the first one quickly, but it seemed to appeal to the "grind for unlocks" Killing Floor contingent.

I was hoping it'd be more like L4D, and it was alot like L4D, but I primarily play L4D as a team competitive game and "Payday" doesn't have competitive modes, which is why it bores me.

I was hoping it'd be more like L4D, and it was alot like L4D, but I primarily play L4D as a team competitive game and "Payday" doesn't have competitive modes, which is why it bores me.

Similar situation with me. I love L4D2 mostly for Versus mode, so Payday got old rather fast for me. I can still play it occasionally in small doses but it will never be as addictive as L4D2, not even with all those unlocks. Can't see myself buying Payday 2 at anything higher than 5 euros.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
My problem with Payday was nobody else in my country played it, so I could never get into it because the AI was dumb as fuck.

Playing with internationals was also not an option, because from my location it took ages to connect and the game is so shit that while someone is connecting, it freezes the game for the rest of the people.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Payday is/was a total guilty pleasure of mine. I didn't particularly care for it at first -- picking it up for $5 on some whatever sale -- but I randomly spent an evening with it and kinda fell into the gameplay. It got so much better when you could play on the hardest difficulty setting. Heists are surprisingly intense when you can get gunned down in a few shots, or when you're humping it back through the bank solo as an army of cops comes down on your ass. Levels are also more complicated than they initially let on, something I didn't particularly learn until getting some of the game's "experience".

I'm looking forward to the sequel -- a lot of people are saying there are improvements across the board. My main hope is they cut out some of the grind. The game isn't particularly good when you're first starting out. You basically gotta play to get out of the easy mode stuff which I find to be an annoying gameplay mechanic.

MasPingon

Arcane

Similar situation with me. I love L4D2 mostly for Versus mode, so Payday got old rather fast for me.

Same, I was hoping for a game similar to L4D. I guess we have to wait for L4D3

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom