Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Patrolling the Mojave...

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
So last night I was running some errands in Broche's camp, and I think I stumbled upon the new "Patrolling the Mojave..." meme.

Over 5 minutes, I must have been addressed some 50 times (not kidding) with the line "Is it true, that Witchers don't get smallpox?" (exact citation needed, actually).

Every single redshirt soldier in the camp just kept throwing that line at me, so much that I thought it was a deliberate wink/poke at FNV and the infamous Rangers outpost thing.

MasPingon

Arcane
So last night I was running some errands in Broche's camp, and I think I stumbled upon the new "Patrolling the Mojave..." meme.

Over 5 minutes, I must have been addressed some 50 times (not kidding) with the line "Is it true, that Witchers don't get smallpox?" (exact citation needed, actually).

Every single redshirt soldier in the camp just kept throwing that line at me, so much that I thought it was a deliberate wink/poke at FNV and the infamous Rangers outpost thing.

Can you elaborate?

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

Can you elaborate?

Uhhmmm... ok.

Roche's camp was, well, for lack of a better word, shit. A fucking shithole. And I mean literally. It's this huge crevice in the hillside, open towards the sky and with a small opening, as wide as a couple of men, towards valley-side. Light from the sun only ever enters at noon, and the walls are constantly damp, the air is stale and the ground mucky. So it does resemble some sort of toilet, a giant's toilet dug out on the hillside. Add some 50 or so men more or less permanently residing there, the absence of actual bogs, and there you go, not even an actual giant would generate that amount of dung. No wonder the rebels are doing less-than fine, it's not that easy to keep hiding in a pile of manure and then have the spirits to fight.

Thus I was, unsurprisingly, less than overjoyed to have to spend time, let alone night, there. Sleeping was out of the question, so I started walking around the place, to get a measure of it and its layout, just in case. Now, I know good old Roche has not really cared to chip in the telltales about the two of us killing kings, it is a good thing for a commander, to have such a fame. But I think the tales went a bit out of hand, not without the help of substantial supplies of cheap booze, because as I walked around the camp, every other man kept asking me, or someone near, the same darn question, whether it is true that us Witchers can't catch pox.

I don't really even wanna know how the rumour started, nor I ever cared to actually explain any of it, but when one's mood is on the foul side, and every dimwit around keeps asking the same silly question, one can rightfully lose their nerves... Especially if you consider the afore-mentioned, shit-reeking context. And the most irritating part is that they would not even ask me directly, but always ask some of their similarly-dim-witted comrades, often whispering, thinking I wouldn't hear them. They're really no better than the fucks in Novigrad, calling me freak or spitting in my direction. I'm developing a serious itch to draw my sword and just let them find out firsthand how much of a freak I am...

Perkel

Arcane
"Hrrr !" "Aaaa!!"

It has a lot to do with huge range of barks.

polo

Magister
I used to be a Witcher like you, then i took an arrow in the knee.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
That one fucking kid in White Orchard who kept playing in the fucking road singing that one fucking song over and over again only for his dad to tell him to stop. Why doesn't the dad just smack him already?

Keshik

Arcane
One Temerian was REALLY curious if Novigrad women shave their pubic hairs.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
"You seem like a man of the world. Should I beat my wife twice a week, or oftener?"

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Oft-repeated lines that become memes are nothing new to CD Projekt. Your mother sucks dwarf cock.

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
I am always amused by the King's guard in witcher 1. They literally belt out "TEMERIA WILL BE VICTORIOUS" or "DON'T MESS WITH US" at the top of their lungs. I imagine Foltest messing with them and telling them that whenever they are approached they must shout so loud he hears it anywhere in the castle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5dNGvBVK7g

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
HELP, SAVE ME. I'M DYING...OF POVERTY!

Starwars

Arcane
The sheer amount of coughing and spitting in this game... I guess that's also a way to make something grimdark.

Must've been fun for the voiceactors.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom